News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for musicaltheatrefan3

musicaltheatrefan3 Profile Photo
Member Name: musicaltheatrefan3
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Playbill Stealing  Nov 13 2009, 07:08:27 PM
Yes, I do, and I don't really consider it stealing because those that are in the usher's stack don't necessarily belong to anyone, and they are free.

I also take leftover ones at seats. I'd never acquire the 710 Playbills that I currently have if I didn't do this!

re: Jennifer DiNoia to play Elphaba in Wicked Sydney for next 6 weeks.  Nov 1 2009, 12:40:51 AM
Jenn's one of the best. Good for her!

bubbleblonde, Jennifer is actually replacing Jemma Rix as standby. Jemma's going to be the lead Elphaba in Sydney til whenever Amanda gets better. My guess is that when Jennifer leaves, either Zoe Gertz (Sydney u/s) will be the standby, or Jemma will return and Amanda will come back as lead.

Also, I'm 99% sure that Julie Reiber is going to replace Jennifer on Broadway as standby, so good for her! She's great, too!

Showcial Network-Broken?  Oct 27 2009, 09:48:26 PM
It keeps changing and shows that weren't even in the top 100 yesterday like "Marry Me A Little" and "700 Sundays" are 3rd and 5th place. and Spring Awakening went WAYYY up since yesterday. something wrong?
re: wicked the movie cast?  Oct 19 2009, 07:50:58 PM
I would do anything to promote Emma. She's my idol!
re: wicked the movie cast?  Oct 19 2009, 07:42:17 PM
I think Emma Zaks would be a great Glinda. She obviously has tons of acting experience, her voice can definitely handle it, and she could still be considered an "unknown" for all the people who want "unknowns," even though obviously, a lot of people know who she is!

EMMA ZAKS FOR MOVIE GLINDA!

re: How many times have you seen Wicked  Oct 19 2009, 01:52:15 AM
Okay, you do realize that it's VERY hard to find understudy information. Standbys and leads are really easy to find, but there's nowhere online that keeps records of understudies, and understudies in Wicked change much more frequently than standbys and leads. So although I have never heard of a Lucy as Elphaba, it is possible that one exists that is/was an understudy, and I've just never heard of her because understudy information (especially for the touring productions and London) is REALLY dif
re: How many times have you seen Wicked  Oct 19 2009, 01:44:45 AM
There's never been an Elphie named Lucy. There have, however, been two Glindas named Lucy. Lucy Scherer of the Stuttgart production, and Lucy Durack of the Melbourne and Sydney productions.
re: How many times have you seen Wicked  Oct 19 2009, 01:42:44 AM
She has the right range, but I REALLY can't see her as Glinda. That'd be like Lady Gaga as Glinda. (Bjork actually reminds me a lot of Lady Gaga and I consider her the Lady Gaga of Scandinavia).
re: Shrek (the musical) to be released commercially or on DVD?  Oct 19 2009, 01:34:39 AM
I've known about them filming for a while. I have the Young Fiona schedule until January 24 and they are indeed filming until until the 20th.
re: How many times have you seen Wicked  Oct 19 2009, 01:30:35 AM
LizzieCurry, did you see Saycon or Lisa? My guess is Lisa (who is awesome) because Saycon only covered Julia in her first month as Elphaba on Broadway.
re: How many times have you seen Wicked  Oct 19 2009, 01:27:42 AM
Yes, it is. There's nothing humorous about joking about an Icelandic production of Wicked. Exciting as that would be, it hasn't happened and probably won't happen for years. Wicked seems to be expanding internationally slower than other very financially successful shows. They seem to be focusing more on productions in the US, with sit-downs in 3 different cities (Chicago, Los Angeles, and San Francisco) and 2 North American tours in addition to a Broadway production, and yet it's only played in
re: How many times have you seen Wicked  Oct 19 2009, 01:19:01 AM
The only current planned international productions of Wicked, as of now, are:

Oberhausen, Germany (March 17, 2010)
Netherlands (not clear yet which city. I think it will be that new VandenEnde Theater which is going to open next year in South Amsterdam. The rumors of Scheveningen have faded since Mary Poppins was confirmed for the Fortis Circustheater).
Copenhagen (2011)
Helsinki (late 2010 or early 2011)
and there's always a possibility of San Francisco transferring to

re: How many times have you seen Wicked  Oct 19 2009, 12:57:15 AM
Okay, whatever. I'm just surprised someone would see a show that they didn't like more than once, but I don't even know for sure if she doesn't like it. Chill out!
re: How many times have you seen Wicked  Oct 19 2009, 12:49:15 AM
I'm surprised she tried the lottery if she didn't like the show the first time. and whether or not LizzieCurry likes Wicked doesn't change my opinion of her as a person, just saying.
re: How many times have you seen Wicked  Oct 19 2009, 12:44:45 AM
15, not including the shortened Universal Studios Japan version, which I've seen once

and LizzieCurry, I thought you didn't like Wicked

re: Actors With Fake 'Stage Voices'  Oct 7 2009, 10:48:19 PM
She's never been on Broadway, and I've only seen her do this in one show, but Dianne Pilkington has this really disgusting voice that she puts on for her Glinda. Seriously, it's awful and makes me think that Glinda is being played by a toddler. Her real voice isn't actually that bad though.
Zakrin Will Be Sandy in National Tour of Grease  Oct 6 2009, 02:40:54 PM
http://www.playbill.com/news/article/133572-Zakrin_Will_Be_Sandy_in_National_Tour_of_Grease
re: 9 to 5 Souvenir Brochure???  Oct 5 2009, 04:14:21 PM
BroadwayStore.com has it for $11.96.

http://www.broadwaystore.com/product_info.php?products_id=443&cPath=33

re: 'Shrek' Finale Change  Sep 29 2009, 09:35:42 PM
They're doing a lot of changing with the finales recently. I know for sure that Friday will have "I'm A Believer." Sorry, all I got from my friend in Shrek was:

"On friday, they are putting a new finale to "I'm a believer" into the show, which sounds like a lot of fun."

re: Anyone going to see Young Frank tonight in RI?  Sep 29 2009, 08:11:30 PM
Umm, in the time I've taken off from BWW, I've grown a lot as a person.

and the Rhode Island board is new, so I thought BwayBri2 might want to post it there.

and thank you for complimenting my photo. The lovely Emma Zaks.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You