News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for SondheimGirl24601

SondheimGirl24601 Profile Photo
Member Name: SondheimGirl24601
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: something that makes me SO angry
 Mar 15 2008, 03:02:00 AM
well i thought maybe all of you would understand, and maybe share some insight, but i guess i was wrong.
 Mar 15 2008, 02:55:05 AM
you all have no compassion in your hearts. you can't even spare a little sympathy. maybe because you have none.

has there ever been a time in your childhood when you have wanted something so bad, and then had it taken away from you? or have been told you could go or do it or have it or whatever, and then have that been changed?

And for your information, I did my homework during my free period, because my parents told me that i would go see the show. I did prepare. i did homewo

Mar 12 2008, 11:01:40 PM
ha
ha
ha
i am laughing so hard
haha no I am sorry it was long and tedious for you to read.

re: High Society vs. Passion (March Madness, Round 1, game 26)
 Mar 12 2008, 10:58:19 PM
passions
btw prisoner 24601 luv ur name haha

something that makes me SO angry
 Mar 12 2008, 10:57:02 PM
My family was invited to the opening of Sweeney Todd at the Ahmanson in LA because we are part of the founders patron of the arts thing and so we got our invitiation in the mail and i have been telling my parents since last..... when i found out about the Ahmanson's current season sometime last year, and they are like of course you can go we know you love sondheim and sweeney and bla bla bla (BTW i loved sweeney way before the movie came out and i am not one of those weirdos who say they like "s
Broadway Legends of this Generation???? (future broadway legends)
 Feb 25 2008, 08:27:00 PM
so I was thinking about this when I was listening to my Angela lansbury Legends of Broadway CD, and it occured to me that we really don't have a new/current/future legend of broadway in the past few years. We have some really great performers, but no angelas, bernadettes, pattis, ethels, carols, chitas, etc
any ideas who would have a Legends of Broadway CD in 10 or 20 years??

re: Is it a New Golden Age for Broadway?
 Feb 25 2008, 08:20:04 PM
if this is the golden age, broadway is doomed (but it isnt thank the broadway lord so we are all safe). most of the shows from the late 90s to the current era are just too big. there is nothing "golden" about them if you take away the sets and costumes and blatant jokes and flashy numbers. wicked for example. what if wicked had no big orchestrations, no hydraulics, flying things (elphaba included), bizarre costumes, big sets, etc. you are left with an average score and an "eh" script. yet it is
re: Did Schwartz storm out of the Oscars after he lost?
 Feb 25 2008, 08:03:05 PM
hahahaha schwartz leaving the tonys = classically hilarious!!! i almost died of laughter. what a diva ahahahaha (diva NOT in the fierce/amazing/fantastic sense, diva in the bad sense). or should i say baby, he is a baby ahaha
well, falling slowly deserved to win! just like the tonys - wicked did not even deserve to be nominated let alone win best score (thank god it didnt). enchanted was a good movie, but not best original song worthy.
wouldnt it have been amazing if sondheim was nomina

re: Best Broadway star ever
 Feb 25 2008, 07:58:32 PM
how can people name half of these performers as the best ever?? LBB has been in 3 broadway productions (not including off-broadway because those are not broadway productions duh) so how can she be the best ever?

i would have to say for the ladies: bernadette, angela, patti, ethel, chita, betty (buckley),
i dont have time to post the guys (got to get back to work haha). maybe later though

re: Marriott Les Miz
 Feb 23 2008, 04:44:46 PM
ahh yay! thank you!
this is so good!! they are fantastic

re: Composers like Stephen Schwartz?
 Feb 20 2008, 01:11:10 AM
im sorry, but i dont think there is anyone you can compare stephen schwartz to and i mean that in the negative way. so webber & boublil are not similar or equatiable to stephen schwartz, post wicked at least because they are pretty amazing (not as amazing as sondheim though haha) and schwartz just doesnt really cut it for me...
btw- i am finally REALLY happy to find people who realize there are way better musicals than wicked and that its not even that good

although the sound of a

re: Non-Romantic Male/Female Duets & Scenes
 Feb 20 2008, 01:01:24 AM
anything you can do - annie get your gun
please - miss siagon
there once was a man - the pajama game
a little priest - sweeney todd
it couldn't please me more - cabaret (it is about love, but is very mild - it centers around a pineapple so how lovey-dovey can it be?)

here are just some from the top of my head :)

re: I can't believe I didn't know this! (Gwen Verdon)
 Feb 19 2008, 12:34:01 AM
omg i have to get this!! to bad i just bought about 10 albums yesterday...going to have to wait a while ahaha
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You