News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for BroadwayBoy2005

BroadwayBoy2005 Profile Photo
Member Name: BroadwayBoy2005
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: HELP!!!please!!!
 Oct 4 2005, 07:44:08 PM
The tabloid question makes me think of 'Sweet Smell of Success'. But I don't know the lyrics to any of the songs, so it's just a guess....
re: New Songs in 'Producers' Film
 Aug 27 2005, 12:13:38 PM
ANYONE know?
re: Call backs?
 Aug 27 2005, 12:03:32 PM
Well at the audition yesterday, I auditioned as Grandfather and as Jerome. But you're right- this is an amazing play. It was either try out for this or Shakespeare's 'Comedy of Errors'. And I'm going to stick with my better acquainted....
 Aug 27 2005, 12:51:56 AM
Thank you both very much! :)
 Aug 27 2005, 12:25:11 AM
But does that mean they've narrowed down to other people also trying out for this role and they want to see us at that time? Read my quote at the bottom! Now why don't I understand again?
re: New Songs in 'Producers' Film
 Aug 27 2005, 12:20:35 AM
So when is the movie coming out? Sorry, haven't been here in a while.
Call backs?
 Aug 27 2005, 12:13:23 AM
Ok, please bear in mind that I am a freshman college student majoring in theatre as you read this.

I auditioned for the role of Male Greek Chorus in the college's production of 'How I Learned to Drive' today. And I was told that I would get an e-mail telling me basically yea or nay. But instead I got this:

"Thank you for auditioning for the UALR production of How I Learned to Drive. We will need to see you again for call backs tomorrow at 1:50 for the part of Male Chorus. Ple

re: 'Side Show'
 Mar 26 2005, 05:46:36 PM
Thanks so much for that, morosco. For some reason, I keep getting a chill down my spine every time I look at that picture. What a life they had.

Mar 26 2005, 02:04:48 PM
Well, does anything know about the REAL Hilton sisters? I know what I read from the CD booklet, but this is too interesting to let pass by. I want to find out what they're lives were like. I guess I've been writing too many essays....
 Mar 25 2005, 05:04:58 PM
Well, speaking of being 'detached', that was what I was wondering about. In the pictures of Alice and Emily in the CD booklet, it is extremely hard for me to tell if their clothes were sewn together or if they are just sitting/standing very close to each other. How did they stay so close to one another throughout the entire show (physically)?
 Mar 24 2005, 12:22:46 PM
By the way, did it win any Tony Awards?
 Mar 24 2005, 09:51:36 AM
Ok, after seeing all the posts about the show, I now feel safe to say that the music was so intense for me that the song 'I Will Never Leave You' made me cry. And that's saying a lot considering the fact that I never saw the show!

When I read that it only lasted for 91 performances, that made me sad. Like I've said before, I am still learning about Broadway. However, why something like this would only stay for about 3 months just bewilders me. Anyway, something I forgot to ask in my or

'Side Show'
 Mar 23 2005, 05:38:24 PM
Hey everyone.

I just bought the CD of the original cast recording of 'Side Show'. I know that it opened on October 16,1997. However, this was when I had not yet developed my interest in theatre yet so I'm just wanting to know how well this show fared on Broadway. From the music, I would think it did wonderful. Of course, I'm a sucker for soaring music, so I don't know all that much. Anyway, just wondering about the history of the show. Thanks!

-bb2005

re: Children of Eden- worth seeing????
 Nov 30 2004, 09:23:00 PM
Hey NYBroadwayNY,

The Arkansas Repertory Theatre in Little Rock, Arkansas is about to open this show. Are you talking about this production? I live close to this theatre and have tickets to it. I don't really know much about the show, though.

re: picture now?
 Sep 29 2004, 10:01:30 PM
Mine is of me when I played Seymour in my school's production of 'Little Shop of Horrors'. April 13, 2004- THE GREATEST DAY EVER!!!!!

Hello all you sexy beasts.....the boy is back in town.

re: IF YOU COULD BE ANY PART IN A MUSICAL....
 Aug 14 2004, 02:28:04 PM
I love these posts... HERE WE GO!!!

Seymour in 'Little Shop of Horrors'
Emcee in 'Cabaret'
Gaston in 'Beauty and the Beast'
Jimmy Smith in 'Thoroughly Modern Millie'
Billy Flynn in 'Chicago'
Leo Bloom in 'The Producers'
John Wilkes Booth -OR- Lee Harvey Oswald/Balladeer in 'Assassins'
Elphaba in 'Wicked' (I am a guy but sometimes I wish I could get a sex change just for that part.-Don't quote me on that.)

'Assassins' questions
 Aug 13 2004, 08:38:19 AM
Obviously I never saw 'Assassins', but I have a few questions based on what I heard on the CD (the new one).

1. In "What Does A Man Do?", I'm not understanding the point of that at all. I can't really explain it any better- I just don't get it.

2. What is the main difference between the Proprietor and the Balladeer? I didn't put 2 and 2 together til yesterday and realize that Balladeer has the word Ballad in it, so I guess that means he is one who sings ballads. But that kind o

Just got 'Assassins' CD
 Aug 4 2004, 11:03:28 AM
Hey everyone!

I just wanted to drop by and say that I just got the 2004 prod cast recording of 'Assassins'. Little did I know it just came out yesterday because that's when I got it and didn't figure out til today I was one of the first to get it! (That's an accomplishment for me) I live in Arkansas, so there's no way I would have ever gotten to see it before it closed, but OMG, I LOVE this CD!!!!!!!! I know it was performed on the Tony's, but the reprise of 'Everybody's Got The Right"

I need some explanation!!!
 Jul 11 2004, 10:54:10 PM
Hey everyone. Once again, I need a little tutorial on some theatre things I don't quite understand, so you're assistance will be appreciated!

Ok, when a show 'tries out in another city before it comes to Broadway, how is that particular city/theater chosen?

My second question is (and it's really none of my business, but I want to know) what is the salary of someone on Broadway? Say for example, Hunter Foster- that kind of salary.

Thanks!
-bb2005

'My Fair Lady'
 Jun 29 2004, 11:40:15 AM
The repertory theatre in my area just announced it's 2004-05 season and the first show they are going to do is 'My Fair Lady'. It is described by the theatre as being performed by an ensemble of 10 actors and using composer Frederick Loewe's rarely-heard original two-piano musical arrangements.

I know all about this musical, but I have no clue what it means by the two-piano score and why only 10 actors are in it- maybe the actors are this theatre's idea, but I'm just wondering if anyone's

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You