News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for GottaHaveAGimmick

GottaHaveAGimmick Profile Photo
Member Name: GottaHaveAGimmick
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

COMPANY Returning December 20th, OPENING JANUARY 9th 2022  Jun 22 2021, 01:42:29 PM

I think Nick Adams would be a nice replacement. 

RIP Bob Avian, Age 83  Jan 23 2021, 11:13:00 AM

Not sure when he moved to Ft. Lauderdale. I met him there at a Patti Lupone concert. He was quite nice and almost shy. Enjoyed reading his recent book. A great loss. 

Cameo.Com  Dec 13 2020, 04:09:20 PM

Requested a birthday party invitation from Leslie Jordan back in February. It was funny and a little dirty. I loved it! He was quite creative. 

Show People with Paul Wontorek and Michael Riedel  Dec 5 2020, 10:34:22 AM

Is it just me or did Riedel seem, well, rather low energy/stoned/tipsy towards the end of interview?

The Boys in the Band to premiere on Netflix, Wed. 9/30  Oct 3 2020, 01:53:48 PM

ArtMan said: "I have not seen the Netflix film, but have seen the original film many times. Can someone detail the friction between Donald and Harold that is now being presented. Unless I have missed something watching the original film, I never saw any indication of this. In fact, Donald comes across very sympathetic towards Harold when Michael throws his barbs. Someone also posted earlier, that Harold is "overall hostile". I don't see this at all in any of Harold'

The Boys in the Band to premiere on Netflix, Wed. 9/30  Sep 30 2020, 02:30:20 PM

There as also an excellent companion documentary on the making of the film on Netflix. I believe it's called The Boys in the Band, Something Personal.  It contains interviews as well as a tour of Mart Crowley's NY apartment as he discusses his friendships which later became influences in the script.

Bombshell Benefit Concert  May 13 2020, 07:41:38 PM

I was there in 2015 for this magical reunion. It was the Monday following the Tony's, so it was a big party.

The costumes, full orchestra, backup chorus, and  principles from SMASH made it a most exciting evening. They seemed to really enjoy revisiting the songs. New choreography was awesome, and the crowd went nuts for every single number. There were a few surprises along the way. 

This revisit sounds like a great idea!

2020-2021 Touring Season  Feb 14 2020, 08:46:20 AM

Miami

Hadestown-Dec 8-13,2020

Hairspray-Jan 5-10,2021

Wicked-Feb 17-March 7, 2021

Evan Hansen-March 30-April 14, 2021

Anastasia-May 18-23, 2021

Cher Show-June 22-27, 2021

Cool Curtain Calls  Jan 28 2020, 08:42:04 AM

Billy Eliott with tutus for everyone onstage. 

Take Me Out - ticket info  Jan 8 2020, 02:34:46 PM

Bought  ticket today. The website mentions nudity in the production. 

Hal Prince Exhibit  Nov 23 2019, 10:17:54 AM

It's well worth a visit. Lots to see. The many show posters and set models were quite interesting. Very enjoyable. 

Opinions about JUDY  Oct 8 2019, 09:06:58 AM

Bettyboy72 said: "Overall, I like Renée but thought the screenplay was lackluster. There’s very little new ground to tread. It’s like beating a dead horse. I understand why Liza and Lorna distance themselves from it. The question I have was Judy really always such a mess? She’s portrayed as pathetic in so much. It’s really exhausting.

I did appreciate the handler character who communicated compassion and empathy rather than eye rolling or irr

Male belters  Sep 11 2019, 09:22:09 AM

I would have to say Billy Porter. Just heard lots of his music this morning on Broadway station on Serius XM. 

I am looking for songs for 4 boys. Any ideas?  Aug 14 2019, 08:22:13 AM

Almost anything from Jersey Boys. 

Questions about Lombardo's "Looped"  Aug 14 2019, 08:20:31 AM

Indeed the show did tour with Powers. Saw her in Ft. Lauderdale a few years back. If I recall, she learned the part in a very short period of time. She looked the part and was better than the material. Lots of jokes from the character as she descended into heavy abuse of alcohol and cocaine.  Not many people in the audience today would even know about Tallulah Bankhead. 

Just like Lombardo's "High," the performance (in this case Kathleen Turner) was&nb

Has anyone recognized actors anywhere but a show?  Jul 25 2019, 09:53:57 AM

Don't live in NY, but have seen several actors in Midtown before:

Cheyenne Jackson crossing street (when he lived there)

Corey Cott eating in restaurant

Jeremy Jordan-in audience at Pippin revival

Nick Adams-crossing street

Never spoke to any of them except: Harvey Fierstein alone coming up sidewalk.

THE INHERITANCE to play the Barrymore this fall; Sept previews/Nov. opening  Jun 7 2019, 10:28:43 AM

Decided to do a marathon day on a preview Saturday. Got same seat for both parts. Center orch. on isle for $159 for each part. 

THE INHERITANCE to play the Barrymore this fall; Sept previews/Nov. opening  Jun 7 2019, 09:24:06 AM

This sounds like I something I need to see. For those of you who have seen these 2 part plays (Angels or Harry Potter), is it best over 2 days or marathon both parts in 1 day? Talk about binge watching!

Virginia Woolf Revival  Apr 13 2019, 09:13:59 AM

Looking forward to Metcalf. Just to hear her say "If you existed, I'd divorce you!"

Phantom of the Opera - And why I finally get it  Mar 21 2019, 02:40:53 PM

I've been a Phantom fan for quite awhile and have seen several tours. Never seen it at the Majestic.  I look forward to doing so in early April. This thread is making me glad I bought a ticket for this trip.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You