News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Lili Von Shtupp

Lili Von Shtupp Profile Photo
Member Name: Lili Von Shtupp
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Would Lea Salonga be considered to step into CINDERELLA?
 Jul 12 2013, 09:51:00 PM
Audra McDonald has won 5 Tony Awards.
Andrew Lippa's The Wild Party @ Secret Theatre
 Jul 15 2012, 01:58:15 PM
I am not going to pretend to not have any connection to this production and I refuse to be a shill. All I will say is that due to certain issues with future plans for the show (and past subpar productions), The Secret Theatre is not allowed to highly promote this show and reviews are prohibited. If able and interested, go see it. You can find tickets on TDF and studentrush.org.

Before anyone comments about this being on the Broadway Message Board, there are cast members with Broadway c

Sister Act tour?
 Jun 12 2012, 01:43:54 PM
I have a feeling Kimberly Marable will be going on tour as Deloris. Her website lists her being in the Broadway company until mid July.
Jessica Lee Goldyn
 Jun 4 2012, 08:16:46 PM
I believe he's talking about Maine State Music Theatre.
Sister Act tour?
 May 23 2012, 07:51:10 PM
Final callbacks were this week. I assume casting should be announced sometime in June.
Should changing seats at intermission merit a public flogging?
 May 5 2012, 01:46:17 AM
First of all, chill out. I am sure each and every person on this board is guilty of trying to get "more for their money" at some point. Second of all, what about from the actors' point of view? Would they not prefer to see the first rows full than people scattered? Third of all, it's ridiculous to get annoyed at someone for their height. Last of all, their reaction was uncalled for. I have rarely moved seats, but next time I consider it, I will ask an usher first.
SMASH
 Jan 20 2012, 12:41:14 AM
Savannah Wise plays "Jessica," one of the workshop dancers.
Hocus Pocus
 Oct 2 2011, 03:42:56 AM
My opinion about Hocus Pocus aside, a movie being a "box office bomb" does not mean it is not iconic (i.e. The Wizard of Oz). Just sayin'.
(But I do agree that it is more at cult-classic status than iconic.)

What a fun idea, fingerlakessinger! I would be interested in seeing it!

re: SHREK Reviews
 Dec 14 2008, 10:44:11 PM
As far as shows needing glowing reviews to bring in crowds... "The Little Mermaid" opened to many negative reviews but still seems to be bringing in enough people. I believe "Les Miz" also opened to negative reviews and we all know how that one turned out...
Finding Neverland Musical...
 Dec 8 2008, 01:19:34 PM
Just saw the cast list for the reading on playbill.com

"For the reading, Tony winner Rob Ashford directs a cast that includes Kate Baldwin, Christian Borle (as Barrie), Brian D'Addario, Michael D'Addario, Blythe Danner, Erin Davie, Dalton Harrod, Tom Hewitt, Katie Holmes, Marc Kudisch, Daniel Marconi, Anne L. Nathan, Denis O'Hare, Brynn O'Malley, Clarke Thorell, Jon Patrick Walker and Wayne Wilcox."

Pretty crazy, no?

re: The Perfect Musical?
 Jul 18 2008, 02:08:15 AM
I actually happen to agree with walkedthroughmany. I may not call the song perfect but it's written as a lullaby which is completely appropriate. When the real Gypsy Rose Lee saw opening night in 1959 she started to cry because she thought "Little Lamb" expressed exactly how she felt when she was younger.
re: Patti LuPone
 Apr 4 2008, 02:49:55 AM
Is it not Tiger Lily who says "Peter Pan is the sun, the moon, and the stars"?
re: Laura Benanti Gypsy: 3/22 Matinee
 Mar 24 2008, 01:53:04 AM
Wickedfan-

I'm glad you enjoyed Benanti's performance (I think her voice is heavenly), but I have to disagree with your statement that "the coldness as Gypsy Rose Lee was necessary."

Having read the book I can say that the real Gypsy Rose Lee was never really cold to her mother, as difficult as she was. True, they may have gone through rough times but throughout Rose Hovick's life, Louise really only wanted to make her happy and that was even through her Gypsy Rose Lee years.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You