News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for playbills

playbills Profile Photo
Member Name: playbills
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: holy eff this song is AMAZING!
 Nov 25 2008, 09:16:01 PM
"Octet" - LITP
"It's Never That Easy/I've Been Here Before" - Closer Than Ever

re: broadway halloween costumes
 Nov 1 2008, 09:13:49 PM
Last year I was Eponine. Probably the best halloween costume I've ever had/ever will have. This year I went as Jeff from [tos] :)
re: WEST SIDE STORY Cast Announced!
 Oct 29 2008, 07:18:17 PM
I've been listening to Josefina Scaglione on her myspace and she sounds beautiful.

I'm excited for this revival.

re: What Recording(s) Should I Nominate for the 'Musical Show Album' Grammy
 Oct 25 2008, 07:50:50 PM
In The Heights, 100%. The production on that recording is phenomenal.
re: Break-up or moving on showtunes?
 Oct 24 2008, 07:40:21 PM
"There's a Fine Fine Line" - Avenue Q
"Bride's Lament" - The Drowsy Chaperone (if not only for the laughs)
"Still Hurting" - The Last 5 Years
"Mr. Hopalong Heartbreak" - Urban Cowboy (i know it sounds dumb, but the lyrics are great. promise.)

Also, two songs that get me through rough times are:

"If I Own Today" - Scott Alan
"Hear My Song" - Songs for a New World

Keep your head up, OP.

re: 13: anyone interested?
 Aug 15 2008, 01:42:16 PM
I'm 17 so obviously I MUST be interested.

I'm seeing this show soley because I've yet to see an original JRB production. He cut my favorite song but I'm hoping I'll be surprised by .. something.

I'd gladly take a time machine to see Parade or The Last 5 Years instead.

re: A Hypothetical: Tom Hanks as Atticus Finch in a staging of 'To Kill A M
 Aug 15 2008, 11:23:11 AM
Boyd Gaines as Atticus would be awesome! And would round out his Tony Awards if he won Best Leading Actor in a play.

A Tony trip down memory lane?
HEIDI CHRONICLES - Featured Actor in a play
SHE LOVES ME - Leading Actor in a musical
GYPSY - Featured Actor in a musical

re: Official Shrek The Musical Thread
 Aug 14 2008, 07:34:03 PM
I have to follow with everyone that the lyrics aren't the greatest but there are some really good melodies and awesome orchestrations. There are details that I really appreciate.

My least favorite song has to be "Big Bright Beautiful World" - the melody is so catchy but extremely derivative! It just doesn't feel right as the opening to this show. Lyrics? "Jelly from your eyes! Jelly from your eyes!" Yesh. But it will get stuck in my head as I'm a sucker for a beat.

My f

re: Any SHREK news from last night?
 Aug 14 2008, 07:17:31 PM
There's the opening number, "Bright Big Beautiful World" and then a solo song for Shrek called "The Wall".

You can find them around.

re: Brenda Braxton returns to CHICAGO... :)
 Aug 10 2008, 02:07:10 PM
I wish Luba Mason would come back, now she was a FRESH Velma.

Agreed! I saw Luba back in '05 with Charlotte and she really, really impressed me. I wonder what she's up to now.

re: Nicest Broadway Person You've Met Somewhere besides Stagedoor
 Aug 9 2008, 03:18:13 PM
Kate Reinders @ Pax. So nice! She was even wearing pink and green.
re: Unreleased Cast recordings
 Aug 7 2008, 07:57:17 PM
I hate that the Lestat recording still hasn't been released. I know that it was horrible but there was so much talent in that cast and some gems of songs. The Elton John demo and other *recordings* are just not cutting it for me.
re: Spring Awakening: Why Today Was Good For Me
 Aug 7 2008, 07:51:27 PM
That was kind of cute.

I'd actually like to know if Hunter is good since Kyle disappointed me so much. He already has a nicer bum (thank you, Weeds) than Kyle so I guess that's a good start.

re: The standing ovation is a filthy American habit.
 Aug 6 2008, 03:07:48 PM
I definitely agree about the overuse of the standing ovation but calling it a "filthy habit" is going a bit to far.

There are people that genuinely enjoy shows for what they are and give the actors the ovation that they think they deserve. There are people who give standing O's because they paid 100+ dollars for a ticket and damn it to hell if they didn't enjoy the show.

When I saw Spring Awakening a few weeks ago, everyone around me in the front of the Orchestra gave a st

re: Best Closing Number to Broadway Musical
 Aug 6 2008, 01:09:51 PM
Ragtime
A Chorus Line
The Drowsy Chaperone
In the Heights
and finally, Parade.

re: Benny Andersson's 'ravisihing 'Kristina' gearing up for NYC Concert
 Jul 29 2008, 09:25:23 AM
I'd love to hear this. "Du Måste Finnas / You Have To Be There" is a gorgeous song.
re: Jason Robert Brown Posts Singing Contest On His Blog
 Jul 28 2008, 05:32:44 PM
I think it's awesome - but why two male songs and one female song? "Stars and the Moon" is overdone but why not "Christmas Lullaby". And outside of Songs for a New World there's "And I Will Follow" or maybe "Letting You Go"

Can't wait to hear the submissions, though.

re: Tracie Thoms to close Rent Broadway
 Jul 19 2008, 02:26:59 PM
Just read this on her blog and I'm SO excited for her. That is going to be an amazing final show.
re: Kyle Riabko in Spring Awakening
 Jul 11 2008, 12:31:04 PM
When you only have the hard-edged, almost-pretentious Melchior, you don't really feel as much for him in the end.

He may have done the "rebel" side of Melchior well, but the fact that he's still that (overacting) jerk throughout the softer moments makes his performance terrible for me.

re: Musicals that were heavily revised for their revival?
 Jul 11 2008, 12:18:47 PM
As already mentioned, Flower Drum Song is up there. For the 2002 revival, R&H's original book was rewritten.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You