News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for jessikax09

jessikax09 Profile Photo
Member Name: jessikax09
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Web Site: http://myspace.com/jessikax09
Blog Address:
Profile: I'm Jessika.
I just love music, the stage, the theatre, and everything that goes along with it.
Like many, Wicked is my favorite, followed by Sweeney, then Phantom, and finally Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat.
My show this month is Jesus Christ Superstar.
I don't know where my life is going to take me.
Either thing I choose is going to be a risk, Journalism or Musical Theatre.
Both are equally competitive.
I don't know... maybe someone on here can point me in the right direction.
However, I know that the theatre will always be my first true love.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Jesus Christ Superstar Worth Seeing??
 Jun 12 2008, 01:01:03 AM
I love the show.
I saw it in late april.
if its the national tour it's great! For ted neely being 64 he still sounds awesome... Judas (corey glover) was okay, but I've seen better and Mary (Tiffini Dodson) was wonderful.

I would recommend it highly.

re: Actors Myspace
 Jun 10 2008, 04:51:45 PM
I know Tiffini Dodson... she's not HUGE yet or anything... but she did play Mary in the National JCS tour with Ted Neely... that's about the biggest thing she's done so far. Not many people know of her, but she's bound to be big.

I found her personl Myspace... but she directs all of her stars to her fan myspace.

re: The Search for Elle THOUGHTS!
 Jun 10 2008, 10:35:25 AM
First off... not one on that show is "legendary"... please... gag me with a spoon... nd Seth is trying wayyyyy to hard to be the "Simon" character.

As for as the girls go... Emma has got to be cut... I don't know why they keep saying that "she has something bout her." she sucks.

I think the finl three will be Bailey, Cassie S. and Lauren.

re: What Musical Theatre Song Is Your Top Played on iTunes?
 Jun 9 2008, 09:13:18 PM
Green Finch and Linnet Bird from Sweeney and No Good Deed from Wicked have only two listens between them with Green Finch winning.
re: Your favorite Elphaba....
 Jun 7 2008, 10:57:11 PM
Well with Idina creating Elphie's character I have to say her first.

Followed by Julia Murney, then Carmen Cusack.

My favorite Glinda EVER is Erin Mackey.

re: If your favorite TV show was turned into a Broadway musical,
 Jun 7 2008, 12:50:48 AM
LittleRDIEfan!
Your's is perfect!

Except I think reba should play herself... after all she can sing.

And Cheno would have to wear a fat suit... wouldn't that be a sight to see.

re: If your favorite TV show was turned into a Broadway musical,
 Jun 6 2008, 10:48:04 PM
my favorite show is army wives... i think it would make a terrible musical haha.
re: High School Musical audition songs....
 Jun 6 2008, 08:14:55 PM
I know this is a really big and popular production right now, especially because of the new reality show... but would So Much Better from Legally Blonde work for Sharpay... and maybe possibly I'm Not That Girl from Wicked for Gabriella?

I know they're both popular shows... But this is a very small, local theatre and if I do something that's well known very well... they I think it would be probably be better for me.

What opinions does everyone have on that?

Jun 6 2008, 11:29:43 AM
Just moving this post up to the top :)
 Jun 6 2008, 12:19:56 AM
It's like you guys are reading my mind haha.
I've thought a lot about Galinda/Glinda's songs for Sharpay.

But in all honesty, I want the lead... any sugesstions for Gabriella?

re: Spring Awakening/Grease Parody
 Jun 6 2008, 12:17:46 AM
That's tooooo funny.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujdlUNM_QqI
I like this one a lot too.

High School Musical audition songs....
 Jun 6 2008, 12:12:36 AM
...For a local theatre in my area.
I know something like this has been posted before, but I didn't want to go back in the boards to find it.

They said to try out with a pop song or a song from the production.

I don't feel quite comfortable with a plain ole' Top 40 pop song by Kelly Clarkson or something like that, nor do I think that any of the songs from High School Musical would best showcase my voice and abilities and I would rather blow them out of the water with som

re: If someone asked you what you thought the top 5 greatest musicals were,
 Jun 5 2008, 08:36:15 PM
I love Wicked, Phantom, Les Mes, Follies, Rent, Spring Awakening, and Joseph. Yeah, I know that's six, oh well... I could keep going forever haha.
re: movies you'd LIKE to see musical-ized?
 Apr 6 2008, 08:10:12 PM
I would love to see Benny and Joon, as many have already mentioned.

Pirates of the Carribean would also be pretty cool.

Cry-Baby changes
 Apr 6 2008, 11:34:59 AM
Well the difference with those is that they weren't originally musicals, Cry-Baby was.
Cry-Baby changes
 Apr 5 2008, 10:19:31 PM
Cry-Baby really is an adorable show. The stage version is alwasy going to be 10x better than the film, as they always are... but I am still so very partial to Johnny as Cry-Baby. I know there are others, ones better trained in all areas for the part, however, you have to admit that there is just something about him (same goes for Sweeney, chilling, absolutly chilling, not so much for Helena or Jayne though).
re: Nicole Richie to join CHICAGO cast?
 Apr 5 2008, 09:52:56 PM
This is seriously disgusting. I mean, what on God's beautiful green earth are these casting directors thinking these days?! Is it seriously THAT much about money, "Well maybe if we cast her then we'll sell more tickets!" Last I heard the bussiness aspect was doing great without throwing in dried-up, drug addicted Hollywood stars into the mix. It's seriously disturbing... trading raw talent and overall well being of the show for money. Just gross.

This is what the world is coming to thou

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You