Profile for ColorTheHours048

ColorTheHours048 Profile Photo
Member Name: ColorTheHours048
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

DAYS OF WINE AND ROSES - Opening Night Critics' Reviews  Feb 20 2024, 08:12:16 AM

Could someone explain to me what this show is trying to say? I’ve seen lots of comments about how powerful and meaningful it is, but not actually what was so powerful and meaningful. And since it really failed to resonate with me in any way, I’m genuinely curious what someone who appreciates it would say they got out of it.

Any chance we'll see Daniel Fish's Oklahoma! again?  Feb 16 2024, 11:26:07 AM

I thought it was thrilling and saw it several times - once at St. Ann’s, maybe five times on Broadway, and once on tour. But I will say, the shift in audience energy as it transferred and then toured was palpable. By the time I saw it in Rhode Island, the audience felt borderline antagonistic toward it (more mid-show and intermission walkouts than I’d ever seen in my life) and the cast looked like they knew it.

In short, no, we will likely never see this particular

CONFIRMED: CABARET at the August Wilson Theatre, Spring 2024  Feb 16 2024, 10:32:11 AM

Kad said: "I kind of thought they'd pull in people from NYC's thriving nightlife scene for this."

What would be the point? It’s a pre-written prologue show, not a literal nightlife performance.

Tom Holland Will Star in ROMEO & JULIET in London's West End  Feb 13 2024, 09:48:43 AM

blaxx said: "At least we know that we'll see a lot of feet, if that's someone's thing."

Jinkx Monsoon to Play Mama in CHICAGO this January  Feb 12 2024, 11:58:10 AM

Arguably, their best stunt casting in years. She’s proven that she’s not just a moneymaker, but a phenomenal talent who gives an incredible performance in the show. They’ll be smart to get her back whenever they can.

Aaron Tveit, Sutton Foster will next star in ‘Sweeney Todd’  Feb 9 2024, 10:29:23 PM

It’s giving BFA student karaoke.

Aaron Tveit, Sutton Foster will next star in ‘Sweeney Todd’  Feb 9 2024, 09:59:46 PM

I don’t want to be the person that judges off an audio bootleg but… oof.

Maguire to release WICKED prequel novel before film release  Feb 8 2024, 05:48:13 PM

There’s plenty of story to mine for the right paycheck. And I suspect this one was hefty.

Tyne Daly Withdraws From DOUBT, Amy Ryan To Replace  Feb 6 2024, 08:25:25 PM

Bill Snibson said: "So...Isabel Keating saves the day, does a knock-out job (from reports on here) and gets booted back to waiting in the wings?!?! This business is unkind."

She was hired for the job she gets to continue doing, and she earns street cred in the industry that will lead to more jobs. They need a name to sell seats. Would you rather they pull the plug? Have some perspective.

Tyne Daly Withdraws From DOUBT, Amy Ryan To Replace  Feb 6 2024, 05:34:52 PM

yyys said: "wonder if Amy Ryan has a big draw? I only know her from The Wire."

Not that I’m representative of anything but my own opinion, but I wasn’t really interested in seeing this, but I am very interested now.

Franklin Performing Arts to stage "reimagined, immersive" staging of TARZAN with Josh Strickland reprising the lead role  Feb 3 2024, 09:25:22 AM

Impeach2017 said: ""Reimagined" has become a trigger word for some, perhaps with good reason."

While we’re at it, can we retire “immersive” also? Since it has just come to mean “you’re in a performance space and the performers are also there” for most shows that descriptor is slapped on.

Hilty & Simard to lead DEATH BECOMES HER in Chicago spring 2024  Feb 2 2024, 11:37:32 AM

EDSOSLO858 said: "Jordan Catalano said: "Beyond excited for this. Just praying it’s everything “Devil Wears Prada” wasn’t - colorful, campy, hilarious and GAY."

The writers don’t give me hope for Death Becomes Her, but maybe they can prove me wrong.
"

Don’t worry. There are enough gay ghostwriters behind the scenes, it’ll be plenty gay.

Ruhl and Bareilles writing a musical adaptation of The Interestings  Feb 2 2024, 09:12:00 AM

This is a wonderful bit of news! Sara’s score for Waitress is one of my favorites, and uncommonly theatrical for a first-time musical composer. She clearly loves working in the theatre, so I’m excited to see how this pans out.

Also, libretto for the opera adaptation for Eurydice aside, is this Sarah Ruhl’s first book for a musical? I’ve always found her plays intriguing - if not always successful - but usually a little shaggy, so it’ll be interesting to se

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 1/28/24  Jan 31 2024, 01:50:51 PM

It sounds like JLC’s departure from ATG is just the end of a contract that is no longer needed for Jamie Lloyd to produce work. He’s a known commodity in the international theatre world, so the contractual relationship is no longer needed. However, it sounds like they’ll collaborate in the future as co-producers; very likely including Sunset Blvd., which was shepherded by ATG.

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 1/28/24  Jan 30 2024, 04:00:50 PM

Jarethan said: "Thinking about it, though, that is pretty much what Days of Wine and Roses is trying to do, and it doesn't seem to be working, unless the reviews help. When it was announced, I assumed that someone with deep pockets just wanted to see it on Broadway, financials be damned."

It’s on Broadway to qualify for Tonys and garner interest in maybe a London transfer and future regional productions. There is almost no world where a 3-month run with no

Chita Rivera has died  Jan 30 2024, 02:43:21 PM

One of the greats. When people say legend, she is what they mean. May her memory be a blessing.

Lindsay Mendez in Merrily We Roll Along  Jan 29 2024, 12:11:14 PM

“Please refer to the rudimentary legal analysis I made a few pages back.”

No, thanks.

Lindsay Mendez in Merrily We Roll Along  Jan 29 2024, 11:27:48 AM

Dancingthrulife2 said: "Have you entertained the possibility that there's a reason, a legal reason in contracts law, that if someone is above title and they miss a performance the ticket purchase can ask for a refund? Have you entertained the possibility that before asserting "rampant entitlement" or "not [being] 'owed' anything" doing some basic legal research might help you make a colorable case?"

Are you trying to sue the Merrily pr

Lindsay Mendez in Merrily We Roll Along  Jan 29 2024, 11:01:43 AM

Dancingthrulife2 said: "Have you entertained the possibility that the problem lies more with the transparency and communications from the production team than simply performers missing performances?"

Have you entertained the possibility that the rampant entitlement from folks demanding transparency for what appears to be an agreement between Mendez and the producers for her to miss performances is indicative of the generally insufferable nature of many alleged th

MERRILY WE ROLL ALONG Reviews  Jan 28 2024, 01:06:40 PM

I find telling the story in reverse without any “reason” kind of renders it dramatically inert. It’s a lot of filling us in on who’s who and how they relate to the main trio and it comes off as clunky exposition. In a concert staging put up in two weeks and running for a weekend, there’s not much that can be done other than presenting it straightforward. But also, yes, I find Jonathan Groff’s Frank infinitely more charming and likable than I found Colin Don

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You