News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for ColorTheHours048

ColorTheHours048 Profile Photo
Member Name: ColorTheHours048
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

LEMPICKA Reviews
 May 23 2024, 09:16:28 AM

Y’all know this show closed on Sunday, right?

Kit Connor and Rachel Zegler to star in ROMEO & JULIET on Broadway?
 May 22 2024, 12:17:18 PM

I don’t understand why everyone is rushing to get tickets to this on day one. It’s for sure not going to sell out this far in advance, and virtual queues are almost always a disaster with Telecharge involved. Just wait until tickets go on sale, you’ll be fine.

STEREOPHONIC Opening Night Critics’ Reviews
 May 21 2024, 09:01:44 AM

hearthemsing22 said: "Asking for opinions here...is there a cutoff where the mezzanine is a bad choice for seats? I have one of the first five rows in the center. Is that a bad area?"

I sat in Rear Mezz Row E the last time I saw it, and while a couple heads at the back of the sound booth are slightly cut off during the recording scenes, you don’t miss any action. Further back, you’re starting to risk the sightline and also it just feels far away.&nbs

LEMPICKA Reviews
 May 20 2024, 01:28:47 PM

No one is saying this board has zero influence, but I do think the people who come here blaming board commentators for negatively impacting the public opinion of this show or any show vastly overestimate how influential opinions shared here actually are.

I was in a show a few years back that the folks of this board really didn’t care for. Nearly every reaction in the thread about it was mixed to negative. But we extended twice and sold out nearly every sho

LEMPICKA Reviews
 May 20 2024, 10:49:47 AM

Jordan Catalano said: "What is going on here? lololol"

Who knew the entire Lempicka creative team had burner accounts??

LEMPICKA Reviews
 May 20 2024, 10:41:11 AM

wpetinaudjr2 said: "Jordan Catalano said: "I’m sure Matt Gould will take the stage blaming everyone and everything except the mediocre show itself for the lack of tickets sold."

Or Matt and others willstart to work on their next ventures and continue to build beauty and live out their dreams and goals while others sit behind a keyboard,achieving nothing,doing nothing and awaiting to celebrate what they deem failures or misses with vitriol from actu

LEMPICKA Reviews
 May 19 2024, 08:04:20 PM

A clip of Rachel Chavkin’s speech at curtain call. It’s giving “too close to the material.”

So basically: Because I made this show, and I intended to express this through the show, if you don’t like the thing I made that means you don’t see me or what I expressed.

Really fascinated by the disconnect the creators and diehard fans of this show have from reality, but I hope they had a great time. On to the next.

STEREOPHONIC Opening Night Critics’ Reviews
 May 16 2024, 10:39:37 AM

kdogg36 said: "This question might seem out of left field, but: does anyone have anyinsight on the title? It obviously relates to the idea of recording an album, but is there any more specific connection between the title and the story? (It could be the name of the band or of the album, neither of which is given in the show.)"

It is apparently based on the technical definition of stereophonic sound: “using two or more channels of transmission and reproduction s

CABARET at the Kit Kat Club (2024) Opening Night Critics' Reviews
 May 14 2024, 11:58:28 PM

Saw this tonight and thought it was absolutely exhausting, from nearly the beginning to the end. I don’t really understand what all that overdirection (and underdirection during the book scenes) was in service of.

Can’t say I really cared for the performances. Gayle Rankin had her moments in the book scenes, but the production doesn’t actually feel all that interested in Sally and she felt very much lost at sea. Eddie Redmayne is doing everything and the kitchen sink

City Centers 24-25: Ragtime, Urinetown, LaChiusa's Wild Party, Love Life
 May 14 2024, 12:36:15 PM

I’m going to need Bonnie Milligan as Pennywise and Leslie Kritzer as Little Sally, stat.

City Centers 24-25: Ragtime, Urinetown, LaChiusa's Wild Party, Love Life
 May 14 2024, 12:12:45 PM

Urinetown AND LaChiusa’s Wild Party??!! Sign me the f**k up.

Sleep No More - what kind of shape is it in?
 May 14 2024, 11:27:18 AM

RippedMan said: "The new show is in a different space? I wonder what will become of that huge building then."

I believe they’ll continue to run the additional bar/restaurant/performance venues on the top floors post-SNM closing. They’ve become their own hot spots for various limited engagements and events, and they’re run mostly independently.

Darren Criss and Helen J Shen Will Lead MAYBE HAPPY ENDING on Broadway
 May 14 2024, 11:21:27 AM

Also, yes to more musical romcoms.

May 14 2024, 10:06:19 AM

General word of mouth seems to be that they’re extending until Emursive’s (not Punchdrunk, the actual creator of Sleep No More) new show - Life and Trust - opens. A good number of SNM’s cast will be a part of that show, so smart to keep them employed in the interim, I guess? But they’ve been “closing” for months and went to their original marketing strategy of extending a month at a time.

Fun Broadway connection is that Life and Trust will be choreog

May 14 2024, 08:23:37 AM

I’ve seen it around 20 times over the years and the only bad shows I’ve had have been because of the crowds. And the crowds these days are bigger and more aggressive than ever. I would say if you haven’t seen it, do yourself a favor and don’t bother. It’s too expensive now to risk all that truly awful audience behavior.

STEREOPHONIC Original Broadway Cast Recording Thread
 May 11 2024, 10:22:25 PM

bear88 said:

Click Here To Toggle Spoiler Content
Is Bright the only full song that is in the play?

Click Here To Toggle Spoiler Content

At least as far as the band is concerned, the on

May 11 2024, 10:43:09 AM

macnyc said: "When I was watching the show, I was disappointed that the musical numbers were few and far between. I think the play would have benefited from some subtle cuts off its three-hours-plus running time and had a few more of Butler's tunes inserted.

For those of you who have listened to the album, is there a reason the songs were not included? Maybe they didn't fit into the narrative?
"

What you’re essentially asking is why this w

May 11 2024, 08:02:55 AM

I’ve been playing this nearly on loop for the last week thanks to the generous folks on here who grabbed the Tony FYC link, but there’s something really special about purchasing it and playing it legitimately. I maintain that “Drive” is my favorite track, but there’s not a false note in any of the songs. I love them all.

Already have tickets to see it twice more, pre-Tonys and post. Wild to think this may only run for 4 months, but I would love to see

May 10 2024, 09:03:01 AM

I’m sure they’ll do “Masquerade” at the Tonys if they perform, but I hope they do “Bright (Take 22)” instead. But I imagine they want to keep the climactic moment of the first act under wraps as much as possible.

The album is SO good. And Will Butler teased on his Instagram post about the physical album release that they’re considering recording an LP. Which would just be… wonderful.

May 3 2024, 03:09:21 PM

“Masquerade” is the most obvious single (ironic, given it’s status in the play), and “Bright” is the emotional focal point, but I’m really enjoying “Drive” in its full version. It’s the first song we hear them actually play, so it has to be a hook, and it really is.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You