News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Chason2

Chason2 Profile Photo
Member Name: Chason2
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Glory Days Closing: Just Ridiculous
 May 10 2008, 03:20:54 AM
LePetite: Thanks. Going to read it now. (BTW - I loved you in The BOYFRIEND).
re: Hairspray National Tour!!!
 May 10 2008, 03:18:24 AM
[The dialogue on the national tour is slightly altered from the Broadway production because the tour used to be a 90-minute, no intermission version.]

Are you refering to the VEGAS engagement? I would NEVER see that, because I don't see EDITED Broadway shows! EVER!!! (including PHANTOM, which "supposedly" makes up for it with a "better" chandelier crashing. WHATEVER!)
I've NEVER heard that the HAIRSPRAY tour was 90 minutes! I just don't believe that for a second. Word would be out

re: RENT DVD Special Featured
 May 10 2008, 03:09:45 AM
[I would love to see Ave Q on DVD ! Hehe - just my opinion.]

SW: That's probably the WORST example ever. I can't even IMAGINE a "screen" version of Avenue Q. That is truly one you need to see on stage. It's hysterically funny, touching, and has great, great songs. Don't walk, but RUN to see the stage version as soon as it's ANYWHERE near you.

May 10 2008, 03:01:48 AM
[Word on the street in the DC theatre community is that the producers made some very bad business decisions and that they knew the show was going to have to close even before the reviews came out].

Just what I was thinking! That's what I said. It's like The Producers. Terrible times, though - for everyone associated. There's bound to be SOME people who had tickets to other performances, right? Looks like they had no "say so" in the matter.
It PROVED itself at one time... but then

May 10 2008, 02:02:44 AM
TooDarnHot: Thanks.
It just seems so damn weird to me (but what do I know)? You work and work - you work yourself to the bone, and then it turns out that all you've REALLY done is create a not-so-great re-make of GREASE! Turns out to be a hit, anyway! LOL
Just kidding.
But you know what? It must be awfully hard to get an original show on Broadway. Can I ASK? Why didn't Glory Days have to PROVE it's ambition on tour or Off-Broadway?
I don't know - something about this is just n

May 10 2008, 01:24:37 AM
Does it really cost so much to let the show run for a little bit? Isn't there already enough money invested that it would be better to at least TRY??? Who EXACTLY decides to just give up?
Isn't it a terrible burden? Lots of weeping?

re: Hairspray National Tour!!!
 May 10 2008, 01:18:51 AM
Well I'm seeing it at the Dallas Music Hall in June. And I expect it to be the SAME damn play I saw on Broadway LAST June. If they change ANYTHING - well, they'll be hearing from me!
BUT - I'm SERIOUS!

Glory Days Closing: Just Ridiculous
 May 10 2008, 12:59:56 AM
Can you please tell me how it happens?
HOW does a Broadway show OPEN and CLOSE on the same day?
How can you even tell what will happen over the next few weeks?
I just think it's ridiculous. Despite critical reviews - you must hope that audiences will spread the word of mouth. MOVIES don't close on Saturday, after opening on Friday, just because they get bad reviews. A lot of money, time and effort has been spent on this play! The actors, writers and director are the ones that a

re: RENT DVD
 Apr 26 2008, 03:46:03 AM
"Why buy DVDs now when they are obsolete?"
You know of something MORE up-to-date than DVD's? BTW - Blue-Ray is STILL a DVD!
RENT will clearly LIVE (live) forever (I hope). I believe.
Meanwhile - gather your friends at whoever's house has the biggest PLASMA - and turn the volume up REAL good - and enjoy RENT - the movie musical. It might not be the Broadway play - live; but you know what? It's the damn next best thing! ENJOY!

re: Equus tickets on sale?
 Apr 26 2008, 02:04:18 AM
No, but I'll give your post a BUMP. Lucky devil - I'd sure love to get seats to EQUUS.
re: PICTURES AT A REVOLUTION
 Apr 26 2008, 02:02:19 AM
Seriously!! No readers at ALL??? Maybe you're taking time to go through your books! LOL I'm certainly hoping that at least one or two people on this board don't let me down. But maybe they're all asllep right now. You think?
re: RENT DVD
 Apr 25 2008, 07:28:29 PM
Glad you enjoyed it. Seeing RENT on DVD (or at the movies) is not quite the experience of seeing it live on stage (which you must do some day), but I loved the movie, also. Unlike SOME movie versions... I think the RENT movie is a very close replica of the stage version. The PHANTOM movie is also excellent - and closely stays with the story and songs in the stage play; You might enjoy it, as well.
RENT has a very universal story, and some people have ONLY seen it on DVD. Good for them! It w

re: What is their target audience
 Apr 25 2008, 07:18:32 PM
People I know look forward to CRY BABY because it's another John Waters transfer from film to stage - like HAIRSPRAY. I loved the film of CRY BABY, and I expect to like the play a bit better than some people have (I loved TARZAN - so there you go). I guess you can't please all of the people all of the time, right?
PICTURES AT A REVOLUTION
 Apr 25 2008, 06:39:48 PM
I'll bet some of you have read it, right? It's by Mark Harris, and it's an awesome new book about how film (and movie audiences) literally changed right around the time of the "Best Picture" Oscar nominees in 1967 (Bonnie & Clyde, The Graduate, In the Heat of the Night, Guess Who's Coming To Dinner and Doctor Dolittle). It's a fascinating read. I highly recommend it.
So! I'm hoping YOU can tell ME - what are some great books about Broadway/Theatre? Books that analize plays over years, types

re: Question About TOBY in SWEENEY
 Apr 11 2008, 10:23:08 PM
I can't wait to see the play - then I can make my own decision. I cannot STOP listening to the music from the movie - I love it so much.
I love little Toby in the movie. I think he's one of the most special things about the film - to me.

re: Really sorry to ask, but... what is 'ATC'?
 Apr 11 2008, 10:16:10 PM
It's annoying as HELL to get registered. Hope it's WORTH it!
Even AFTER I got the E-Mail they wouldn't let me in.
Guess they all work 9-5 or something.

re: I hate to do this, but... help me pick something to see tomorrow.
 Apr 11 2008, 09:33:39 PM
If you haven't seen Avenue Q - then you're cheating yourself out of one of the FUNNIEST Broadway plays EVER - AND it has GR8 songs!
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You