pixeltracker

I hate to do this, but... help me pick something to see (added a review)

I hate to do this, but... help me pick something to see (added a review)

dancingthrulife04 Profile Photo
dancingthrulife04
#1I hate to do this, but... help me pick something to see (added a review)
Posted: 4/11/08 at 9:24pm

I really can't decide what I want to see tomorrow. I'm looking at the list of shows on Talkin' Broadway and all that's jumping out at me is A Chorus Line, Legally Blonde, and In the Heights. I wouldn't mind seeing A Chorus Line or In the Heights again, but if anyone wants to recommend something different, feel free. (I want to see August but I don't have the 3.5 hours to do it in)

Thanks!

http://www.beintheheights.com/katnicole1 (Please click and help me win!) I chose, and my world was shaken- So what?
The choice may have been mistaken, The choosing was not...
"Every day has the potential to be the greatest day of your life." - Lin-Manuel Miranda
"And when Idina Menzel is singing, I'm always slightly worried that her teeth are going to jump out of her mouth and chase me." - Schmerg_the_Impaler
Updated On: 4/12/08 at 09:24 PM

Eris0303 Profile Photo
Eris0303
#2re: I hate to do this, but... help me pick something to see tomorrow.
Posted: 4/11/08 at 9:26pm

Well, is there anything running that you haven't seen but are curious about?

"All our dreams can come true -- if we have the courage to pursue them." -- Walt Disney We must have different Gods. My God said "do to others what you would have them do to you". Your God seems to have said "My Way or the Highway".

bschneid76 Profile Photo
bschneid76
#2re: I hate to do this, but... help me pick something to see tomorrow.
Posted: 4/11/08 at 9:27pm

Go see Sunday in the Park With George

"Love the Art in Yourself. Not Yourself in the Art." -- Stanislavski

Marianne2 Profile Photo
Marianne2
#3re: I hate to do this, but... help me pick something to see tomorrow.

Personally, I liked Mamma Mia and Spamalot. Chicago is also good. Don't know what your taste is.

"I don't want the pretty lights to come and get me."-Homecoming 2005 "You can't pray away the gay."-Callie Torres on Grey's Anatomy. Ignored Users: suestorm, N2N Nate., Owen22, master bates

dancingthrulife04
#4re: I hate to do this, but... help me pick something to see tomorrow.

The only one that I haven't seen and I'm curious about is August (which will have to wait like a week or so).

Go see Sunday in the Park With George

I've seen that already.

http://www.beintheheights.com/katnicole1 (Please click and help me win!) I chose, and my world was shaken- So what?
"Every day has the potential to be the greatest day of your life." - Lin-Manuel Miranda
"And when Idina Menzel is singing, I'm always slightly worried that her teeth are going to jump out of her mouth and chase me." - Schmerg_the_Impaler
Updated On: 4/11/08 at 09:27 PM

Trekkie2
#5re: I hate to do this, but... help me pick something to see tomorrow.
Posted: 4/11/08 at 9:29pm

I would say Legally Blonde. It's actually pretty good, and you definitely feel like you've gotten your money's worth.

"I think of avant-garde as downtown shows where you rub waffles and chocolate on yourself."- Hunter Bell

suicidalmickeymouse Profile Photo
suicidalmickeymouse
#6re: I hate to do this, but... help me pick something to see tomorrow.
Posted: 4/11/08 at 9:32pm

Blonde!

Hunter: Your teeth need whitening./ Heidi: You sound weird./ Jeff: You taste funny.
-Jeff Bowen's worst onstage line flub.

Eris0303 Profile Photo
Eris0303
#7re: I hate to do this, but... help me pick something to see tomorrow.
Posted: 4/11/08 at 9:32pm

Well, then I guess it all depends on what you're in the mood for.

Well, there are your three choices any of which sound like good ones to me. Legally Blonde is getting a new Margot next month so if you like the current one you could see her again.

If you want something fun you could always go see Xanadu, Mamma Mia or Hairspray (especially if you haven't seen George Wendt and since Darlene Love is leaving this month).

If you want something slight more serious there's Chicago, Sunday In the Park With George, or Spring Awakening.

"All our dreams can come true -- if we have the courage to pursue them." -- Walt Disney We must have different Gods. My God said "do to others what you would have them do to you". Your God seems to have said "My Way or the Highway".

Chason2 Profile Photo
Chason2
#8re: I hate to do this, but... help me pick something to see tomorrow.
Posted: 4/11/08 at 9:33pm

If you haven't seen Avenue Q - then you're cheating yourself out of one of the FUNNIEST Broadway plays EVER - AND it has GR8 songs!

hermionejuliet Profile Photo
hermionejuliet
#9re: I hate to do this, but... help me pick something to see tomorrow.
Posted: 4/11/08 at 9:34pm

If I only had this problem more often.

So, that was the Drowsy Chaperone. Oh, I love it so much. I know it's not a perfect show...but it does what a musical is supposed to do. It takes you to another world, and it gives you a little tune to carry with you in your head for when you're feeling blue. Ya know?

clever name Profile Photo
clever name
#10re: I hate to do this, but... help me pick something to see tomorrow.
Posted: 4/11/08 at 9:35pm

Dancing, Everytime you post something that song gets stuck in my head! GRR! Anyway, have you seen Spamalot? Sooo funny!

dancingthrulife04
#11re: I hate to do this, but... help me pick something to see tomorrow.
Posted: 4/11/08 at 9:35pm

Is Legally Blonde's student rush hard to come by? I'd like to see it but since the weather is supposed to be bad I don't want to have to get there too early.

EDIT: Sorry, clever name! re: I hate to do this, but... help me pick something to see tomorrow.

Updated On: 4/11/08 at 09:35 PM

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#12re: I hate to do this, but... help me pick something to see tomorrow.
Posted: 4/11/08 at 9:38pm

1. Legally Blonde is total fluff. But really well done and fun fluff. I brought my 8th graders to see it, but wasnt looking forward to it. It was simply: a blast.

Wouldn't want to see it AGAIN, but it was worth it once.

2. If nothing is peaking your interest though: why go at all? I know if I'm REALLY in the mood (and it sounds like you are not) nothing will truly be worth it to me. Go hit a museum or something else.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

BlueWindSadness
#13re: I hate to do this, but... help me pick something to see tomorrow.
Posted: 4/11/08 at 9:38pm

I am going to see Passing Strange tomorrow 2pm! :)

there are so many shows to choose from, but I am happy with my choice for tomorrow....

...enjoy whatever you decide!!

"that's what my date said."

Ed_Mottershead
#14re: I hate to do this, but... help me pick something to see tomorrow.
Posted: 4/11/08 at 9:39pm

For sheer unadulterated fun, NOTHING beats Xanadu! It's NOT the movie, moves like lightening and you'll have a great time. And it's only 90 minutes.

BroadwayEd

Eris0303 Profile Photo
Eris0303
#15re: I hate to do this, but... help me pick something to see tomorrow.
Posted: 4/11/08 at 9:41pm

"1. Legally Blonde is total fluff. But really well done and fun fluff. I brought my 8th graders to see it, but wasnt looking forward to it. It was simply: a blast.

Wouldn't want to see it AGAIN, but it was worth it once."

And there's nothing wrong with fun fluff on a yucky afternoon. It may be raining outside but it's always sunny inside the theatre.

dancingthrulife04
#16re: I hate to do this, but... help me pick something to see tomorrow.
Posted: 4/11/08 at 9:42pm

I'm in the mood to see SOMETHING. It's just a matter of what. Legally Blonde is sounding kind of good right now.

Thanks for the suggestions, everyone!

Updated On: 4/11/08 at 09:42 PM

antiandrewx Profile Photo
antiandrewx
#17re: I hate to do this, but... help me pick something to see tomorrow.
Posted: 4/11/08 at 9:44pm

Legally Blonde is fun to see at least once. If you haven't seen it, I would suggest that.

Or Gypsy. :)

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#18re: I hate to do this, but... help me pick something to see tomorrow.
Posted: 4/11/08 at 9:50pm

Based on what I've read, Legally Blonde's rush line wildly varies. Some posters have reported showing up at 1:00 and getting tickets, but on other mornings, they're gone by 10:30. The bad weather may keep people away tomorrow.

dancingthrulife04
#19re: I hate to do this, but... help me pick something to see tomorrow.
Posted: 4/11/08 at 9:56pm

Thanks. Maybe I'll just see what the line looks like when I go there, and then if it's really crowded I'll find something else.

shh282 Profile Photo
shh282
#20re: I hate to do this, but... help me pick something to see tomorrow.
Posted: 4/11/08 at 9:59pm

Legally Blonde has been pretty not so bad lately except for Nikki's last day which was kind of scary- you should be okay.

WaltSummersPI Profile Photo
WaltSummersPI
#21re: I hate to do this, but... help me pick something to see tomorrow.
Posted: 4/11/08 at 10:00pm

The New Century (Lincoln Center) is pretty fun.

Caroline-Q-or-TBoo Profile Photo
Caroline-Q-or-TBoo
#22re: I hate to do this, but... help me pick something to see tomorrow.
Posted: 4/11/08 at 10:15pm

PASSING STRANGE

"Picture "The View," with the wisecracking, sympathetic sweethearts of that ABC television show replaced by a panel of embittered, suffering or enraged Arab women" -the Times review of Black Eyed

broadwayfan7 Profile Photo
broadwayfan7
#23re: I hate to do this, but... help me pick something to see tomorrow.
Posted: 4/11/08 at 10:38pm

Definitely Legally Blonde. Have fun!

"Everytime you step on that stage it is somebody's first Broadway show and somebody's last Broadway show. Make it count."

Mealz1042 Profile Photo
Mealz1042
#24re: I hate to do this, but... help me pick something to see tomorrow.
Posted: 4/11/08 at 11:01pm

<-- Gwen Stewart, SOLoist at the last show of RENT
Cages or wings? Which do you prefer? Ask the birds. Fear or love, baby? Don't say the answer Actions speak louder than words. (Tick, Tick... BOOM!)

Videos