News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for ELFcubed

ELFcubed Profile Photo
Member Name: ELFcubed
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Walking Out at Intermission - The Thread
 May 24 2023, 01:39:31 AM

I haven't walked out, but a few, I really wish I had:

Bronx Tale

Memphis

Devil Wears Prada

I kept waiting for them to get better, and was very optimistic that it would happen in Act 2. It did not. Even Prada seemed like it'd still be fun even if it was terrible, but it wasn't even so bad it's fun to roast. 

The 75th Annual TONY Awards!
 Jun 16 2022, 03:40:43 AM

Overall, I liked it. A few surprises, some good, some not. Performance wise, GFNC was really entertaining and is the first thing I've seen that made me want to see it. Maybe it'll tour or play regional soon?

Paradise Square was a good performance of a decent song in a bad show. It may pack them in on tour though, so who knows how it will fare?

Six felt like a good representation of the energy and overall tone of the show. This goes hand in hand with my recommendation to

75th Annual Tony Nominations
 May 10 2022, 06:19:12 AM

Sharon D Clarke was not better than Tonya Pinkins who WAS ROBBED for the TONY. And Sharon is a black brit. Her accent was off for a southern black woman.

First of all, I loved Tonya's performance and can accept that she just ran into the buzzsaw that was Wicked.

But Sharon's performance has nothing to do with Tonya's. She's competing against the other actresses nominated in 2022, so it is irrelevant who you or any Tony voter think was better. Even if you

KATRINA WAS ROBBED!!!!!!!!
 May 10 2022, 05:45:26 AM

Well, nearly 24 hours after the nominations, this is the only robbed, snubbed, disrespect post. Good job everybody! 

Haven't seen Company, so no real opinion on Katrina's worthiness. It seems unlikely that she would have won, based on general and critical consensus, so it's just the recognition she's missing out on.

Maybe if you loved her performance, write a note to her saying so. Actors enjoy award and critical recognition, of c

Too Early Tony Nom Predictions
 Jan 2 2022, 11:24:02 PM

I think the costume design from Six will at least be nominated, but I could also see it winning. As others have said, they do a good job of presenting a unified design while still being unique for each character. On top of that, they give almost all of the visual interest due to the bare stage set.

But even more than that, the designer very cleverly incorporated period details that reflect various portraits of the queens into distinctly modern looks. The modern looks are also informed

CAROLINE, OR CHANGE 2021 Broadway Cast Recording Thread
 Dec 17 2021, 11:51:49 AM

There is a stripped down quality here that really works for me. Tempos feel a bit slower, orchestrations a bit simpler, vocals given space for their lyrics to land in the many counterpoint sections. 

I also don't just knee-jerk hate this Rose. I know on the OBC that's the point, but her arc is stronger to me when she is a bit more sympathetic. She is in over her head and makes a series of bad choices and doesn't see why she's wrong, but she really is at heart tryin

FOLLIES Movie Adaptation in the Works!!
 Dec 9 2021, 11:35:45 AM

Not sure how I feel about it overall. Hope the director has a really strong vision for how to turn this plot light show with a string of showstoppers into a film that captures the glamour and deterioration that makes it so thrilling live.

And while she isn't a "name" outside of theater/opera worlds, Harolyn Blackwell should absolutely play Heidi.  

O Brother, Where Art Thou Stage Musical?
 Aug 9 2021, 08:18:44 PM

Most of the songs in the movie are public domain though. You Are My Sunshine and I''ll Fly away are not, but both have been covered a zillion times, so I doubt they have too much problem with licensing. Get Gillian Welch and Alison Krauss to write some new songs for Penny, Big Dan, and Baby Face Nelson and you're ready to go!

Your Profile Image
 Jun 25 2021, 05:35:54 PM

Mine is the artwork from a production of Noises Off! I was in ages ago. I was Lloyd Dallas, so you can get a pretty decent idea of what I look like :) 

HADESTOWN will return on September 2
 Jun 8 2021, 10:19:01 AM

Thanks for the code, folks! I got my mezz tickets for 9/25! The prices definitely increased since January 2020, when I was in row B of the mezz for less than what I paid for rear mezz today. 

HADESTOWN will return on September 2
 Jun 1 2021, 04:03:35 PM

Alexander Lamar said: "I forgot to mention - you didn’t need to checkout with an AMEX if anyone still wants to try."

Unfortunately, when I entered my visa card number, the site said it had to be an AMEX card to complete the purchase. Fingers crossed there will be some tickets for my dates next week!

Under Appreciated Off or Off Off Broadway Musicals
 Feb 2 2021, 12:32:30 AM

Going back a bit further, Spitfire Grill is lovely with a really nice score. Simple show, with some heartfelt performances, surely wouldn't have been a hit on Broadway. 

I only learned about it after being cast as the Visitor in a local production a while back. So happy to have a cast recording to listen to! 

Novels that could be musicals/plays?
 Aug 15 2020, 01:38:38 PM

Station Eleven could be really interesting with a director who could make it all work. I'd love to see some really inventive staging to clarify the two timelines.

Broadway Ensemble songs for Wedding?
 Jan 17 2020, 02:10:36 PM

At my wedding, our friends sang Seasons of Love from Rent as we left the altar together. It was lovely and the guests really got into clapping and singing along at the end

Great Comet Discount
 May 28 2016, 03:13:55 PM

Wow, thanks for the heads up! Just got two onstage seats for a saturday night show in January. Can't wait!

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You