Your Profile Image

Cat Guy Profile Photo
Cat Guy
#1Your Profile Image
Posted: 6/21/18 at 6:39pm

I enjoy the Profile Images that contributors post.  What is your image and why have you chosen it (or conversely, why do you not have an image posted)?

My image changes frequently.  At the moment, it is a picture of Queen Elizabeth (The Queen Mum), mother of the current Queen Elizabeth II.  She is my favorite "Royal".  I have always admired her, especially for the strength and courage she displayed during World War II.

Elfuhbuh Profile Photo
Elfuhbuh
#2Your Profile Image
Posted: 6/21/18 at 6:43pm

My image is a super official photo of Miss Kerry Ellis as Elphaba in Wicked. I chose it because of my username.

"Was uns befreit, das muss stärker sein als wir es sind." -Tanz der Vampire

dmwnc1959 Profile Photo
dmwnc1959
#3Your Profile Image
Posted: 6/21/18 at 7:04pm

Mine was taken from the walkway and stairs leading into the balcony level of the Benedum Center for the Performing Arts in Pittsburgh. One day I just happened to look up and noticed it would make a wonderful screensaver. You can see part of the proscenium arch and the gorgeous ceiling in the image. It reminds me of the excitement and anticipation I feel before every show there.

Updated On: 6/21/18 at 07:04 PM

Sondheimite Profile Photo
Sondheimite
#4Your Profile Image
Posted: 6/21/18 at 7:06pm

My picture is The Fireman from the first scene of Twin Peaks:  The Return, which I think is the pinnacle of what television could be.  

Broadway World's Fireman.

darquegk Profile Photo
darquegk
#5Your Profile Image
Posted: 6/21/18 at 7:07pm

The Benedum is gorgeous!

Mine is a still from a silly gif with sound of this Blastoise pounding on the keyboard in rhythm with the frenzied piano intro to “The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway.” Made me laugh.

dmwnc1959 Profile Photo
dmwnc1959
#6Your Profile Image
Posted: 6/21/18 at 7:18pm

darquegk said: "The Benedum is gorgeous!"

It really is. And my favorite “home away from home” having seen 13 of my 21 shows there since I started this new love affair with musicals. The other shows were at other gorgeous theaters like the stunning Heinz Hall in Pittsburgh, the breathtaking Academy of Music in Philadelphia, and the wonderful Connor Palace in Cleveland, among others. 

Bell0708
#7Your Profile Image
Posted: 6/21/18 at 9:02pm

Nothing, I don't know how to put one up!

MarkBearSF Profile Photo
MarkBearSF
#8Your Profile Image
Posted: 6/21/18 at 9:14pm

Mine is a shot I grabbed of the upstairs bar at Sardi's (although I always order a negroni there, not a manhattan) To me, that sums up much of my Broadway visits. I also am a non-selfie boomer. (Never used Instagram nor Snapchat and literally have never taken a selfie) I don't have a variety of photos to choose from and I've never felt the need to change it.

thebookofwhizzer Profile Photo
thebookofwhizzer
#9Your Profile Image
Posted: 6/21/18 at 9:15pm

Mine is Molly Ranson as Carrie in Carrie: the musical, which is one of my favorite musicals!

“6 AM. The sky glows. Somewhere a bird chirps. I want to shoot it.” ~ Jonathan Larson, Tick...Tick..BOOM

GavestonPS Profile Photo
GavestonPS
#10Your Profile Image
Posted: 6/21/18 at 9:45pm

Not only is the Benedum gorgeous, as are many other venues in Pittsburgh, but the entire city is one of the most beautiful in the US. It still gets a bad rap because it was such a polluted "steel town" in the 1950s, but Big Steel went to China and the city was cleaned up long ago. It's a large city atop the Allegheny Mountains, verdant in the summer and a virtual wonderland in the winter. 

My profile image is just some photo I found on the internet when I had to write a lyric about a white fedora. I happened to have it on my desktop when we were given that option. FTR, I'm a dude and somewhat older than the lady in the photo.

PatrickDC Profile Photo
PatrickDC
#11Your Profile Image
Posted: 6/21/18 at 11:00pm

On the WICKED website they have a feature like Google Maps that lets you cruise around the Gershwin. Various characters are staged throughout. I saw Fiyero relaxing on a bench with his face covered by a book. I did a screen capture. Not really the biggest fan of the musical...I’ve only seen it once on its pre-Broadway run here in San Francisco in 2003. But I thought the pic was cute and I find Fiyero’s first costume to be incredibly sexy. Don’t know the actor, but he’s tall so I’m thinking Richard Blake or Andy Karl? 

Patti LuPone FANatic Profile Photo
Patti LuPone FANatic
#12Your Profile Image
Posted: 6/21/18 at 11:07pm

My profile image is me with the tour cast of "Chicago" when it made a stop in San Angelo, Texas.  This picture was taken on Sat. May 5, 2018, after the evening performance.  (I had seen both shows on that day.)  I was talking with one of the cast members, when another cast member ask me to be part of their group photo.  

"Noel [Coward] and I were in Paris once. Adjoining rooms, of course. One night, I felt mischievous, so I knocked on Noel's door, and he asked, 'Who is it?' I lowered my voice and said 'Hotel detective. Have you got a gentleman in your room?' He answered, 'Just a minute, I'll ask him.'" (Beatrice Lillie)

dearalanaaaa Profile Photo
dearalanaaaa
#13Your Profile Image
Posted: 6/21/18 at 11:19pm

My profile image is Ben Platt and Ben Levi Ross sitting together and sitting together. The story behind it is simultaneously funny and boring.

During my Christmas break, I came back to the house and since our tree wasn't even up or decorated (It was December 23rd) my mom texted me "Decorate the mini tree with whatever you want. Top it with the cat for all I care." So my first course of action was to download and print out 2 broadway related photos as the tree topper. My first was a photo of Mike Faist as an angel during the Easter Bonnett 2017, and the second was what you see as my profile photo. I put it as the tree topper and decorated the whole thing. Ben Levi even retweeted a video of my tree with him on top! I then put the image up in my closet and thought nothing of it.

Until January came and I realized I had no image! I thought I had added one, but apparently not because it wasn't visible on my (then) recent post. I had only 4 photos on my computer vaguely relating to Broadway: Those two photos, a photo of a Bare playbill and the Newsies album cover. I immediately ruled out the photo of Mike and the Bare playbill, since they weren't square. This left me with the Newsies cover and Ben and Ben (Who will from now on be referred to as Ben²Your Profile Image. Newsies seemed too common as if 20 other people here probably already had it. Ben² was already square and of high quality. I chose it so that it would be easier to find my posts on threads and figure out where I left off (Which works really well in drama threads and satire/popular posts). This has been my icon ever since!

P.S: My mother found Ben² in my closet a month later, and was highly confused as to why I had "Two gay guys in the closet." What a pun opportunity.

TLDR: Due to a joke I played on my mom for Christmas that was put into my closet, Ben² was the clear option as my profile photo for the site.

msmp Profile Photo
msmp
#14Your Profile Image
Posted: 6/21/18 at 11:30pm

Mine is Concha Velasco as Dolly Levi in the Madrid production of Hello, Dolly! No really exciting reason for that; Concha is one of my favorite foreign actresses, and Hello, Dolly! is my favorite musical bar none.

vanbrig Profile Photo
vanbrig
#15Your Profile Image
Posted: 6/22/18 at 2:31am

Mine is the word "love" with paw prints because I love dogs. Seemed like an easy choice.

ChairinMain Profile Photo
ChairinMain
#16Your Profile Image
Posted: 6/22/18 at 2:41am

Mine is the great Sid Ceaser, one of my comedic idols, as Val du Val in the original production of LITTLE ME.

(My user name, by the way, was supposed to be a twist on Man in Chair from Drowsy Chaperone, but of course I threw in a typo and couldn't fix it and thus it has stayed). 

gypsy101 Profile Photo
gypsy101
#17Your Profile Image
Posted: 6/22/18 at 2:45am

mine is a picture of myself from around the time i made my profile!

actually this thread kind of makes me want to change it lol

"Contentment, it seems, simply happens. It appears accompanied by no bravos and no tears."
Updated On: 6/22/18 at 02:45 AM

Fan123 Profile Photo
Fan123
#18Your Profile Image
Posted: 6/22/18 at 6:24am

If you look closely, mine is not a Hamilton musical poster, but rather the cover of a book, one of many Hamilton-themed books that just happen to have been published of late. I haven't read it, but was amused by the unabashed 'tribute' to the musical's artwork. Figured a few people here would get a passing chuckle out of it too.

Bell0708, if you go to https://www.broadwayworld.com/settings.cfm you should be able to upload a picture. (You may find that - like me - you won't be able to see your, or anyone's, profile picture while logged into the site.)

sabrelady Profile Photo
sabrelady
#19Your Profile Image
Posted: 6/22/18 at 7:43am

I change mine periodically as well. The present one is from a series of night skies images. I might change it soon.

Updated On: 6/22/18 at 07:43 AM

pacificnorthwest Profile Photo
pacificnorthwest
#20Your Profile Image
Posted: 6/22/18 at 8:01am

I use my kitties sparingly as profile pics, but I never had any photo at all here for most of my years on these boards. So I added them on a whim one day. People have asked me, "How did you get them to pose like that?" LOL. Pose? Cats? I was lucky to grab my phone (or actual camera, which is usually nearby) before this crazy pair of kitty brothers leapt from their perch on a tall chest of drawers. They're now about four and a half years old. They're crazy, hugely high-maintenance, but so sweet.

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#21Your Profile Image
Posted: 6/22/18 at 8:02am

Just recently changed mine.

My current one was taken inside the men's room of a gay bar in NYC. I took this one when i noticed they change out some of the Play ill covers but leave certain ones.

Just give the world Love.

Wick3 Profile Photo
Wick3
#22Your Profile Image
Posted: 6/22/18 at 8:30am

Mine is a photo I took of the outside walls of the Belasco Theatre when Hedwig and the Angry Inch was there. It's one of my top 5 favorite musicals and just love it! Mainly thanks to its in-person lottery, I saw the show over 20 times!

henrikegerman Profile Photo
henrikegerman
#23Your Profile Image
Posted: 6/22/18 at 8:58am

Bjorne Bjelfenatam as Henrik Egerman in Bergman’s Smiles of a Summer Night, originating the character best known on this board as Sondheim’s “late or rather later Henrik Egerman” in A Little Night Music, “that lawyer’s son, the one who mumbles.”

JBroadway Profile Photo
JBroadway
#24Your Profile Image
Posted: 6/22/18 at 9:20am

As I'm sure many of you can tell, mine is an adorable photo of Sondheim with Mandy Patinkin and Bernadette Peters during rehearsals for the original production of Sunday in the Park with George. I've had the same photo since I joined the boards! It's my favorite musical, and Sondheim is my favorite composer/lyricist. And at the that I chose this photo, I was obsessed with Bernadette and Mandy - especially Mandy. This was when I was in high school, and I had just discovered Sunday. 

I didn't find out until later about Patinkin's history of toxic behavior, but in retrospect that's probably for the best, because it would have really crushed me at the height of my admiration for him. Although he seems to have mellowed out a lot as he's gotten older, which is partly why I didn't know about his reputation during Wild Party and other shows. 

Updated On: 6/22/18 at 09:20 AM

David10086 Profile Photo
David10086
#25Your Profile Image
Posted: 6/22/18 at 9:37am

Mine is a photo from the cover shoot of Streisand's 'The Broadway Album' from 1985. There's a few reasons behind it...

1. As a Streisand fan from the age of 13 (1976-77), this became my favorite album of hers upon receiving it for a Christmas gift that year (1985). I was not familiar with Broadway music that much, as I (my family) never went to touring B'way musicals, etc. I knew some of the songs from singers who recorded them in the 60s and 70s - but never knew the meaning or the context of the songs. Streisand turned me into a fan of Broadway musicals through this album, as I needed to know as much about each song as I could.

2. The photo itself just captures the ambience of what a Broadway theater truly is (IMO) . And the Streisand props - starting with the office chair she's sitting in - is a throwback to her beginnings with "Miss Marmelstein". 

3. I love the photo!