News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for round2

round2 Profile Photo
Member Name: round2
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Dave Malloy's THREE HOUSES at Signature  May 2 2024, 02:52:12 PM

Any new reports from THREE HOUSES? I hope to get in to see it before it closes.

ILLINOISE Reviews  May 1 2024, 06:05:57 PM

I love Robbie Fairchild, and his performance in ILLINOISE was excellent. I saw it twice at Bard last summer, and have to say that as wonderful as Robbie was and is - I missed Brandt Martinez in this. He brought a warmth and spirit into the show through his performance that felt galvanizing to the community it represents that I missed in his absence. 

FOLLIES at Carnegie Hall  Apr 19 2024, 04:15:17 PM

TheatreAddict said: "Those tickets went fast! By my count, there are only 35 tickets (aside from partial view and accessible/companion seats) still available."

And now, apparently - it's sold out crying

What is the Off Broadway show to see?  Mar 27 2024, 01:28:08 PM

Was excited to see Oh, Mary!... and was disappointed. As camp as I can be, this show just wasn't as funny or sharp to me as it apparently is to so many people. Elements I could admire, but it was a soufflé that didn't rise - for me.

NY City Center Encores 2024 season: ONCE UPON A MATTRESS with Sutton Foster (adapted by Amy Sherman-Palladino), JELLY'S LAST JAM, and TITANIC  Mar 4 2024, 10:01:49 AM

I saw yesterday's matinee closing performance and want to congratulate the Encores leadership team, director Robert O'Hara, choreographers Edgar Godineaux + Doremeshia, and the SPECTACULAR cast led by a very impressive Nicholas Christopher (wish I'd seen his Sweeney), Joaquina Kalaukango, Billy Porter, Leslie Uggams, with a flawless, extraordinary ensemble across the board. Brilliance everywhere you looked.

NY City Center Encores 2024 season: ONCE UPON A MATTRESS with Sutton Foster (adapted by Amy Sherman-Palladino), JELLY'S LAST JAM, and TITANIC  Jan 29 2024, 09:48:22 AM

UWS10023 said: "My friend who works at City Center says that the show has tightened considerably since the invited dress which she says is usually the case due to the short rehearsal process. She said it is selling very well. She said that some people have commented on Sutton’s age and the age difference between her and Michael. That did not particularly bother me.

The five year age difference between 40-somethings Michael Urie and Sutton Foster didn't regis

APPROPRIATE Reviews  Dec 19 2023, 10:50:41 AM

I am feeling like Rip Van Winkle while I look at purchasing tickets for Appropriate. Aren't these ticket prices surprisingly high for a play presented by a nonprofit theater? Seeing nothing in the orchestra for under $200, with almost all significantly more than that.

KIMBERLY AKIMBO Reviews  Dec 11 2023, 12:09:24 PM

Am I missing it, or is there no way to know the schedule that Victoria Clark is performing now? I'd love to return and bring someone who hasn't see it with her performing, even though I'm sure the standbys are very good.

Where Are You, Dollypop?  Nov 11 2023, 02:37:15 PM

Glad to hear it's just technical issues that's separated Dollypop from us! Hoping they're resolvable soon.

MERRILY WE ROLL ALONG Previews  Sep 25 2023, 09:48:39 AM

Anyone know which row in the Hudson Theatre the dress circle overhangs the orchestra? I'm striking out trying to find that information out online, so far...

Your favorite Broadway show based on a movie?  Aug 11 2023, 09:26:35 AM

The Band's Visit, A Little Night Music, and Once (only saw it at the NYTW, though)...

Didn't see, but wish I had: Nine, Waitress, Sweet Charity.

2023-2024 Touring Season  Jul 5 2023, 02:15:40 PM

Call_me_jorge said: "Wasn’t it assumed the To Kill a Mockingbird tour was going non-equity this upcoming season? At least I thought it was. I was shocked to see this press release about Richard Thomas signing on for another year."

How phenomenal that Richard Thomas has committed to a third year of touring with To Kill a Mockingbird. No doubt he helps make it an event in the places it plays, like Auburn, Huntsville, and Birmingham in Alabama, and Chattanooga and Knoxville in Tennessee, and Fayetteville in Arkansas, and other locations in Southern states where the story may play especially powerfully. Many kudos to him!

Sufjan Stevens & Justin Peck's  Jul 2 2023, 10:59:31 AM

Saw this exhilarating performance last night. What a very special show it is. I had enjoyed the original album after it came out in 2005, but had not listened to it enough to become intimately familiar with it. Listening to it again for the first time in years this week, I was reminded that it is quite a beautiful and impressive, and somewhat mysterious, piece of work.

Peck's and Drury's production is itself a gorgeous achievement. The music was terrifically well-served by

Keep Me In Your Thoughts  Jun 28 2023, 09:06:09 PM

Hope to hear you're okay soon, Roman!

The 76th Annual Tony Award Nominations (2023)  Jun 7 2023, 10:23:02 AM

When is the deadline for voters to submit their ballots for this year's Tony's?

available: 2 $44 Wolf Play tix for Sun. 3/12 at 2:30pm  Mar 11 2023, 01:00:51 PM

I have 4 discounted tickets for tomorrow's Wolf Play matinee, and two are now available. Let me know if you want them. Looking to get what I paid for them - $44 each including fees. Looking forward to seeing it!

SOME LIKE IT HOT On Broadway - News & Discussion Thread  Nov 30 2022, 12:50:08 PM

I'm curious about which elements of SOME LIKE IT HOT leave some people surprised it's not doing bigger business in previews? It doesn't have ticket-selling stars, the property can't be ticket-selling to most current audiences (the movie is 63 years old), there's no recognizable pop music tunestack, and so on. What are the elements that would sell the show big right out of the gate?

Confirmed: Radcliffe to lead MERRILY revival at NYTW  Aug 24 2022, 12:40:22 PM

Took 36 minutes of trying, but finally got through. Not a lot left, on my date (Dec. 10 matinee) at least.

Confirmed: Radcliffe to lead MERRILY revival at NYTW  Aug 24 2022, 12:20:27 PM

I get in now, after many, MANY error messages, but it doesn't show a choice of dates.

Angelica Ross (POSE) will play Roxie in Chicago  Aug 4 2022, 11:23:21 AM

I'll be making a visit to the Ambassador to see Angelica Ross. In addition to her performing talents, I've long admired her for founding and nurturing TransTech Social Enterprises, which is "an incubator for LGBTQ Talent with a focus on economically empowering the T, transgender people, in our community. At TransTech, we learn and work together to develop skills and value within marginalized LGBTQ communities." Long befor

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You