News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for UniversalTheatreLove2

Member Name: UniversalTheatreLove2
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Catch Me If You Can
 Jun 22 2008, 09:25:20 AM
I thought Aaron Tveit was playing Frank.
re: Usage of microphones in Plays
 Jun 21 2008, 10:33:22 PM
What a great article.
 Jun 20 2008, 07:33:45 AM
Interesting...So there would be a mic hidden say at the dinner table?
 Jun 19 2008, 10:07:49 PM
Bump
 Jun 15 2008, 10:14:04 AM
I definitely prefer actors to not wear mics. I think not only is it distracting to see the microphone coming from their forehead, but it also separates the audience more from the action on stage.
Usage of microphones in Plays
 Jun 15 2008, 08:18:57 AM
Hi everyone. Can anyone inform me a little about the use of mics in straight plays? I have seen quite a few that appear to me to be using just the projection of the actor's voices. Is that true? If so what makes some productions decided to use the actor's ability of projection while other plays (non-musicals) have their actors wearing body mics?
re: Under rated shows
 May 8 2008, 05:01:59 PM
I meant recently as in shows that are still playing so I can see them. But I guess we can also talk about past shows you liked...

I especially want to see more off-Broadway shows.

Under rated shows
 May 8 2008, 03:20:30 PM
What are some shows you have seen recently that you loved, but are barely discussed? I am looking for more unusual lesser known shows to see this summer.
South Pacific Mics?
 Apr 16 2008, 01:50:33 PM
Hi everyone. I saw South Pacific last night, and I couldn't help but wonder if some of the actors were wearing mics. Particularly Kelli O'Hara when she sang "Gonna wash that man", I did not notice any microphone. Its hard to believe that someone nowadays can be heard over a 30 member orchestra without amplification.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You