Under rated shows

UniversalTheatreLove2
#1Under rated shows
Posted: 5/8/08 at 3:20pm

What are some shows you have seen recently that you loved, but are barely discussed? I am looking for more unusual lesser known shows to see this summer.

WithoutATrace Profile Photo
WithoutATrace
#2re: Under rated shows
Posted: 5/8/08 at 3:21pm

I really enjoyed THURGOOD, and no one on the boards is talking about it...

Roscoe
#2re: Under rated shows
Posted: 5/8/08 at 3:25pm

ADDING MACHINE -- a terrific show, it hasn't gotten nearly the attention it deserves.

"If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don't have to worry about the answers." Thomas Pynchon, GRAVITY'S RAINBOW "Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away." Philip K. Dick My blog: http://www.roscoewrites.blogspot.com/

LimelightMike Profile Photo
LimelightMike
#3re: Under rated shows
Posted: 5/8/08 at 4:42pm

"Recently" as in ... within a year's time, I would DEFINITELY make mention of FRANKENSTEIN (the one that played 37 Arts) over the winter months in '07. I thought it was wonderful.

UniversalTheatreLove2
#4re: Under rated shows
Posted: 5/8/08 at 5:01pm

I meant recently as in shows that are still playing so I can see them. But I guess we can also talk about past shows you liked...

I especially want to see more off-Broadway shows.

nitwit Profile Photo
nitwit
#5re: Under rated shows
Posted: 5/8/08 at 5:05pm

FULL MONTY!!! Any show with a hot male stripper as the opening number works for me!!!

blaxx Profile Photo
blaxx
#6re: Under rated shows
Posted: 5/8/08 at 5:06pm

underrated

Listen, I don't take my clothes off for anyone, even if it is "artistic". - JANICE

LimelightMike Profile Photo
LimelightMike
#7re: Under rated shows
Posted: 5/8/08 at 5:38pm

GUTENBERG! THE MUSICAL!

By far, THE MOST underrated and underappreciated show EVER to play Off-B'way, in my opinion. Having garnered so much praise, it closed SO SO SO prematurely, and it made me sad. I thoroughly enjoyed the performances of one, Jeremy Shamos and David Turner (whom replaced Chris Fitzgerald) later on in the run at Actors' Playhouse. It was truly wonderful!

osage08 Profile Photo
osage08
#8re: Under rated shows
Posted: 5/8/08 at 6:03pm

The Adding Machine was good and I'm seeing The Occupant this Sunday so I'll tell you how it is.

"Perhaps, when we remember wars, we should take off our clothes and paint ourselves blue and go on all fours all day long and grunt like pigs." Kurt Vonnegut, Cat's Cradle

Videos