Catch Me If You Can

ucjrdude902 Profile Photo
ucjrdude902
#1Catch Me If You Can
Posted: 6/21/08 at 11:10pm

Any update on this? Weren't they just on the hunt for Frank Jr?

Neverandy Profile Photo
Neverandy
#2re: Catch Me If You Can
Posted: 6/22/08 at 12:24am

Actually I think it was about a year ago that they were looking. I might be wrong though. Haven't heard too much about this one recently, but from what I remember, it is probably ready to be taken out of the workshop phase and put up on its feet in an actual theater.

Other than that, did you enjoy the play Mrs Lincoln?

legally_popular Profile Photo
legally_popular
#2re: Catch Me If You Can
Posted: 6/22/08 at 12:40am

I think they're just waiting for the right theater (both for an out of town tryout and on Broadway) and while they're waiting, still working on the material (not that it needs much improving, just making it even better). I haven't heard much about it recently though. I can't wait 'til this show moves forward and hope to finally see it on Broadway by 2010.

Greekmusicalfan Profile Photo
Greekmusicalfan
#3re: Catch Me If You Can
Posted: 6/22/08 at 3:30am

2010 ????????? Wasn't it suppose to open sometime later THIS year ???? Can't wait for this !

B3TA07 Profile Photo
B3TA07
#4re: Catch Me If You Can
Posted: 6/22/08 at 4:07am

With such a high-profile creative team all around, they are ALL busy I can imagine. Surely they've set a date that lines all their schedules up..if not this could be on the back burner 'till '10/'11, at least. Just my guess/speculation, I don't claim to know anything about it. re: Catch Me If You Can

-Benjamin
--http://www.benjaminadgate.com/

legally_popular Profile Photo
legally_popular
#5re: Catch Me If You Can
Posted: 6/22/08 at 4:51am

"2010 ????????? Wasn't it suppose to open sometime later THIS year ???? Can't wait for this !"

Well, I really don't know anything, I just mean BY 2010 and even better if it's earlier. Man, I WISH this year! That would be great. I thought it was aiming for the 2008/2009 season, but if not then hopefully 2009/2010. I can't wait to hear more about it though.

MuseOfComedy
#6re: Catch Me If You Can
Posted: 6/22/08 at 9:00am

Didn't they consider Christian Borle, or didn't he do it in a reading? I'd love to see Matt Morrison though.

UniversalTheatreLove2
#7re: Catch Me If You Can
Posted: 6/22/08 at 9:25am

I thought Aaron Tveit was playing Frank.

Marc Shaiman Profile Photo
Marc Shaiman
#8re: Catch Me If You Can
Posted: 6/22/08 at 12:35pm

....soon....

BrookArtsCenter Profile Photo
BrookArtsCenter
#9re: Catch Me If You Can
Posted: 6/22/08 at 12:50pm

I'm sure on your side of the fence, Mr. S., are many people telling you to keep the news to yourself....

And on this side of the fence, are many people excited about any kernels of info...

We all hope that soon, means very, very soon...

-------------------- Brook Arts Center closed due to flooding from April 2007 Nor'easter. Watch www.brookarts.org for more info.

Dre2387 Profile Photo
Dre2387
#10re: Catch Me If You Can
Posted: 6/22/08 at 12:57pm

all i know is that the Old Globe Theatre (where a lot of Jack O'Brian's shows have started) is too small for Catch Me If You Can. Supposedly, it is a huge show. Bigger than Dirty Rotten Scoundrels, for one thing.

<--- the set of A Midsummer Night's Dream that I was assistant stage manager for during the 2007 season at the STNJ outdoor stage.

-Dre-
You must remember all the same that at the crux of every game is knowing when it's time to leave the table... And it's important to be artful in your exit. No turning back, you must accept the con is done... It was a ball, it was a blast. And it's a shame it couldn't last. But every chapter has to end, you must agree.
~Dirty Rotten Scoundrels~

There's a special kind of people known as show people. We live in a world full of dreams. Sometimes we're not too certain what's false and what's real. But we're seldom in doubt about what we feel.
~Curtains~

It is a far, far better thing I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest I go to, than I have ever known.
~A Tale of Two Cities ~

skeetshooter
#11re: Catch Me If You Can
Posted: 6/22/08 at 1:05pm

Morrison's the only one who could do justice to the role. I'd like to see him do that, and Tony in West Side Story and the Monkey King in the Bruce Lee musical, and all at the same time.

EponineAmneris Profile Photo
EponineAmneris
#12re: Catch Me If You Can
Posted: 6/22/08 at 1:06pm

Nathan Lane is still involved.

"TO LOVE ANOTHER PERSON IS TO SEE THE FACE OF GOD"- LES MISERABLES--- "THERE'S A SPECIAL KIND OF PEOPLE KNOWN AS SHOW PEOPLE... WE'RE BORN EVERY NIGHT AT HALF HOUR CALL!"--- CURTAINS

Thesbijean
#13re: Catch Me If You Can
Posted: 6/22/08 at 1:47pm

It's scheduled right now to come to Broadway in Spring of 2010, especially since this season already has two HUGE high profile shows opening, Shrek and Billy Elliot, plus 9 to 5 as well.

mr.scribble Profile Photo
mr.scribble
#14re: Catch Me If You Can
Posted: 6/22/08 at 5:01pm

I know Annaleigh Ashford, from Wicked and Legally Blonde, did the workshop as Brenda Strong

theaterdude87 Profile Photo
theaterdude87
#15re: Catch Me If You Can
Posted: 6/22/08 at 6:23pm

I sent my resume in last year when they were looking for Frank Jr. didn't hear. Oh well. I love Shoshana's version of "Fly, Fly Away." So good.

for fierce, fabulous and fun times visit eric mathew's world. http://ericmathew.blogspot.com/

ucjrdude902 Profile Photo
ucjrdude902
#16re: Catch Me If You Can
Posted: 6/22/08 at 6:30pm

When in doubt March Shaiman appears with answers! This year was the year of the plays is 08-09 going to be the season of musicals?

mc1227 Profile Photo
mc1227
#17re: Catch Me If You Can
Posted: 6/22/08 at 9:34pm

I saw Christian Borle yesterday in Legally Blonde. He doesn't really have a very strong singing voice at all. Has he been a lead in any other musical? CMIYC is going to require a younger talent who is on stage most of the time. Do you think he can fill the bill??

The only review of a show that matters is your own.

Videos