News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for donnak

donnak Profile Photo
Member Name: donnak
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: LBB to Judge Miss America Pageant in January
 Dec 1 2008, 04:00:08 PM
The pageant moved to Vegas four years ago.
LBB to Judge Miss America Pageant in January
 Dec 1 2008, 01:11:22 PM
Received a press release from Miss America organization today and Laura Bell Bundy will be one of the seven on the panel of judges to select Miss America 2009 in Las Vegas next month. She is the cousin of last year's Miss KY and attended the pageant during a vacation from Legally Blonde.

Here is the link:

http://www.missamerica.org/news/press-releases.aspx?id=353

re: How bad has the Spamalot stage door been lately?
 Nov 4 2008, 12:49:00 PM
We went a few weeks ago on a Friday night, and there were only a few of us at the stagedoor. But, Clay had called out that night, so that could have been why. I am sure it is busier when he is on.
re: LEGALLY BLONDE Tour reviews: Raves So Far
 Sep 25 2008, 08:03:55 AM
LOL - that is a typical review for this writer. But, he often doesn't like many of the shows that stop in Providence, so LB did well!
re: Who's seeing Legally Blonde Tour opening night today?
 Sep 22 2008, 06:41:25 PM
The program book lists Jan Rosenberg as Conductor. James Sampliner is listed as Vocal Supervisor on the title page right above Jerry Mitchell's name. The orchestra sounded great - I guess about 5 travel and then they hire local musicians in each city. I counted about 10 when I looked into the pit at Intermission.

Paulette's wig was a platinum-blond updo.

Sep 21 2008, 10:26:54 PM
Well, again, I'm really not that familiar with the NY production having only seen it once, but I didn't find it strange that the cast did a lot of the set moving - having been in lots of shows myself over the years that have done it. It did seem strange not having the house there in the beginning and no stairs - the girls just formed a straight line as they passed the book to Becky. Wasn't there also a scene when the girls appear in windows? That was out, too. I missed seeing Elle rise up fro
 Sep 21 2008, 09:59:31 PM
Well, I just got home and I absolutely LOVED it! I am not a LB "expert", having only seen it once before in NY with my D - sitting in the front row in student rush seats. You tend to miss a lot when you sit that close. Tonight, H and I were in 6th row Center Orchestra (upgraded by the house manager who is a friend of H) and it was great. I thought Becky was terrific, as was the rest of the cast. The Greek Chorus was excellent, and I thought Riannon was great. It was fun seeing her and Lauren
re: Legally Blonde Tour Blog
 Sep 20 2008, 08:29:46 PM
One of the Providence TV stations just did a 1/2 hour special about the opening of the LB tour tomorrow. If you go to wpri.com and click on the LB link in the upper right hand corner, it takes you to several video interviews with some of the cast and with Bill Berloni.

www.wpri.com

re: Legally Blonde Tour Blog
 Sep 20 2008, 07:39:40 AM
Love reading the tourblog! It is getting me excited to see the show tomorrow night. H works for a local radio station and was given 2 tickets, which was a very unexpected surprise, as D (fellow BroadwayWorld.com member Allyk) bought me a ticket for Mother's Day to see the show next Saturday night. She is coming home from college in NY for the weekend, just to see the new tour cast (has seen the NY show "multiple" times - LOL!) There has been lots of publicity here in the RI/MA area leading up t
re: Should I go see Legally Blonde in Providence?
 Sep 15 2008, 07:59:07 AM
You should go! The Amtrak station in Providence is about a 10-15 minute walk to PPAC, or there are always cabs available at the station if you don't want to walk. Downtown Providence has undergone a wonderful revival the last few years and is a very safe place to walk around the downtown area. The train station is right across the street from the Providence Place Mall, which has some really nice restaurants if you want to get something to eat. We are going to see LB on the Saturday night - my
re: Legally Blonde: The Search for the Next Elle Woods official airdate!!!
 May 1 2008, 10:35:41 AM
As a high school teacher, I can attest that most of my students are still up well past 10:00 PM - LOL! I would fully support having school start at 9:00 AM the earliest instead of our current 7:30. The first two periods of the day are tough!
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You