News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for wolfwriter2

Member Name: wolfwriter2
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

THE PRICE Previews
 Feb 18 2017, 11:53:58 PM

Well, it's no Cherry Orchard. Thank goodness. But, it's also not very engaging or interesting. Mark Ruffalo needs a character and a director who can tell him what to do.

I admit to not being an Arthur MIller fan. He's hit or miss with me. I dislike Death Of A Salesman but think Incident At Vichy is Miller's most underrated and one of his best. But, I continue to try and see his work in case I'm missing something. I'm also not

Josh Groban Performance Schedule
 Feb 9 2017, 12:58:54 AM

Mr. Groban was back in tonight, after his reported illness. He was in excellent voice and was even better, than the first time I saw him. His acting seems to have deepened and only become better. Denee Benton impressed me more, as well. But, this time and last, we left, talking most about Brittain Ashford, who is making her Bway debut. Her 'Sonya Alone' is my favorite song in the show and her delivery is perfection. Tonight, it was soul crushing (in a good way).

The au

Effie, I'm tired. It's all over.
 Jan 14 2017, 01:44:59 PM

Mildred Plotka said: "Say 2 nasty bullies and bigots.  

The amount of irony, lack of self-awareness and blatant narcissism, in this thread, by people who supposedly love theater, supposedly support freedom of speech and supposedly support "______rights," is astonishing.

Irrespective of my dislike or like for Trump or anyone else, a bully is a bully and name-calling comments, devoid of substance and designed to shut down an opposin

The rockettes to perform at the Dons inauguration
 Dec 22 2016, 11:46:12 PM

Some people have a lot of growing up to do. 

Audience Rewards revamped site
 Dec 14 2016, 11:11:26 PM

Just curious. Has anyone else been frustrated by the revamped Audience Rewards site?

It used to be so simple to use, if not totally "flashy." It was easy to find what I was looking for, whether, for purchases or redemptions. Now, unless I'm doing something wrong, it all seems so convoluted and I've almost lost interest in looking at the site. Does anyone have any tips for making it easier to browse? Thanks

Les Liasons Dangereuses
 Dec 8 2016, 01:18:37 AM

Just saw this, tonight and was sorry I didn't stay home and watch Hairspray.

I concluded, about midway through, that one of my favorite novels, has not translated well, into a play. This revival is surely better than the last, with Laura Linney (just dreadful, in every way), but it's not worth your time.

I agree with others that the film is far superior to the play and closer to the novel. This play needs passion and fire to be believable. This play was on quaaludes

GYPSY on PBS
 Nov 11 2016, 11:52:03 PM

Glad you enjoyed it. I heard numerous great things about it, but it just didn't work for me, on any level. But, that's why I love theater. Two people can watch the same show and see something totally different.

GYPSY on PBS
 Nov 11 2016, 11:38:43 PM

This is the single worst production of Gypsy, I have ever seen. I thought it was me and hadn't said anything, but my friend, with whom, I'm watching, finally started making fun of it. Imelda Staunton screams her way through the show. We thought her head would explode during Rose's Turn. The direction (maybe just the video direction) did not do the show any favors.

I looked for a thread on this but didn't see anything. I wonder if anyone who saw it

NATASHA, PIERRE & THE GREAT COMET OF 1812 Previews
 Nov 10 2016, 11:35:48 PM

Saw this, last night as well, albeit, in a far better mood than 'wonderfulwizard11'...while I was not totally taken in by Denee Benton (good, but not great), this is my absolute favorite show this year.

I did not see it downtown, so I had no previous exposure to it. I also like plays far more than musicals, as a rule. But, this was exceptional on every level.

I won't rehash what everyone has said. I expected Josh Groban to sound great, but he really earned

Kristin Chenoweth's MY LOVE LETTER TO BROADWAY Thread
 Nov 5 2016, 07:41:16 PM

I saw this last night and really enjoyed it. It's not the greatest concert I've ever seen on Broadway, but it is certainly enjoyable. My quibble is that it seems so scattered (and yet, I also liked that quality, to a degree).

There is nothing cohesive to hold any of the songs together. It seems, just a collection of whatever Ms. Chenoweth feels like singing and there's nothing wrong with that, at all. It just makes the proceedings, at times, feel a little 'disjointed&#3

Lottery Ticket Past-Date Question
 Oct 13 2016, 04:39:07 PM

Curious if anyone has had experience past-dating a lottery ticket.

I won the Falsettos lottery the other day, but had an emergency with my elderly mom and couldn't attend. I've never heard of past-dating a lottery ticket, but thought someone may have done it or might know who to contact, to ask.

Thanks much, for any advice.

Betty Buckley sings Radiohead
 Sep 24 2016, 12:28:06 PM

Never thought I'd see those names in the same sentence, but last night at Joe's Pub, Betty Buckley performed her newest show called 'Story Songs'. It wasn't, at all, what I expected (although with Betty, it never really is).

Like most of her shows, it was a mix of pop, country, showtunes and jazz, except, this one had a bit more rock thrown in. Radiohead, Jerome Kern, Peter Gabriel, Rodgers & Hammerstein and Emmylou Harris. And, somehow for 90 minutes,

THE CHERRY ORCHARD Previews
 Sep 17 2016, 01:38:25 AM

What in the world is Roundabout thinking? This may not be the worst thing I've ever seen, but it is certainly the worst production of Chekhov, I have ever seen (and I walked out of the Cate Blanchett, Uncle Vanya travesty).

I agree that Whizzer is being way too generous. My companion leaned over and whispered to me "am I missing the funny?" I replied, "No, they are."

I love Diane Lane and most of the cast I've seen before and en

Tony-Winning Director Jack Hofsiss has died
 Sep 15 2016, 01:20:14 PM

A reminder how quickly life can change.

He wrote a one-man show about the accident, called Jack From Above. He had not intended to perform it, but had the opportunity at the Kennedy Center. It was quite good, much of it telling how he went to China for six months right after the accident because he was told a 'medicine man' could cure him. He mined the story for all the humor he could. He told me there was a film in the works (maybe for HBO, if I recall) and

Tony-Winning Director Jack Hofsiss has died
 Sep 14 2016, 09:12:01 AM

http://deadline.com/2016/09/jack-hofsiss-elephant-man-director-dies-at-65-1201819247/

I was fortunate to have known Jack for years. He directed a play I wrote, a number of years ago and it was quite an experience to have the youngest director to win a Tony Award, direct my work. His style was almost like a tangible non-sequitur. I never quite knew what he would do next and just before opening, I wasn't even sure we had a show and somehow, professional that he was, he made it work. I just went with it and it's a fun memory to have worked with him.

He was also inspirational to watch. He told me he was always in some physical discomfort and distress, but it didn't stop him from working and being witty, smart, sarcastic and fun to be around.

Despite his paralysis and hardships (he once told me it took three hours for him to get ready, if he had to go out of the house), he tried to never let it stop him from doing what he loved.

Access10 Tix 'The Price'
 Sep 12 2016, 09:55:45 PM

I know I shouldn't share a secret, but if you haven't tried the app, it's very smooth and quick and I've had really good luck grabbing tix as soon as they go on sale (when I remember the on sale date :)

Access10 Tix 'The Price'
 Sep 12 2016, 09:27:43 PM

Sorry. I usually remember, but totally forgot this morning. I lucked out and two not-great seats later in the day and I only saw one left. Sometimes additional $10 seats pop up, but it's really hit or miss.

Access10 Tix 'The Price'
 Sep 12 2016, 08:57:20 PM

Last I checked, there were no $10 tickets for If I Forget, but, in case, anyone needs a single for The Price, there was one left for Saturday. 

Holiday Inn Previews
 Sep 2 2016, 06:55:09 PM

Mr Roxy said: "Looked  damned good for a first preview.

Agree completely, that it looked in very good shape for a first preview, despite a barely noticeable glitch or two. The cast was, for the most part, first rate, but the material (book) is so lackluster and the songs, so oddly used, that, I just couldn't wait for it to be over.

I'm always glad when folks like a show, even if I don't. FWIW, my companion was annoyed at me that I didn't l

Holiday Inn Previews
 Sep 2 2016, 12:12:20 AM

I saw this tonight, as well, and would have left at intermission if I had been alone (numerous empty seats near us after intermission). This is a long mess of a production that left me wondering why Roundabout was mounting this, in the first place.

I can only echo much of what Whizzer has said. The cast is game and tries hard to breathe life into this, but when I thought 90 minutes of the first act had passed, it was only 30.

I knew I was in trouble, when halfway throu

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You