News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Clyde15

Member Name: Clyde15
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Other possible bio-musicals?  Jul 13 2022, 10:41:13 PM

I want a Lady Gaga bio-musical so bad. Her rise to fame and controversy, the failure of the album Artpop, her turn to jazz music w/ Tony Bennett, and then rise to fame again with A Star is Born! Think of the amazing costumes and she has a pretty impressive catalog. 

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending March 27, 2022  Mar 30 2022, 07:02:39 PM

KKeller6 said: "Would seem odd for CFA to go thru January and February just to close in the next month or two."

I can’t remember which articles it appeared in but I remember they said CFA running costs were around 450k -500k per week. I’m sure it’s gone up slightly with more swings being added because of covid but can’t imagine they are anywhere close to bleeding money. They will survive at least through the summer 

Space, Sci-Fi and Broadway  Sep 2 2020, 12:24:27 PM

JBroadway said: "It's just hard to do sci-fi and space travel justice onstage because the scale is so massive. You can do a play about a bunch of astronauts in a shuttle, but it's hard to capture a grand sense of adventure across planets and galaxies. It's not that it can't be done (and I'm sure it has been done), but it just doesn't lend itself naturally to the medium.
"

That’s a completely fair. I hadn’t thought much about t

Space, Sci-Fi and Broadway  Sep 1 2020, 11:33:12 PM

Im curious on peoples thoughts on why we dont see more Space related and Sci-Fi musicals/plays on Broadway. I think there could be some incredible source material to adapt. Also with the universe being limitless there are endless stories to be told about Space.

Ive had this thought upon coming across this song on YouTube. Its based upon a video game called The Outer Worlds. But this song sounds just like it could be from a modern musical.

https://youtu.be/vvANy49Kqhw

Maybe Happy Ending at the Alliance Theatre  Feb 12 2020, 08:32:39 PM
Has anyone seen this show? I searched for posts on this board but nothing came up. With Michael Arden directing I can only imagine they are hoping this show goes somewhere
The IN THE HEIGHTS Film Adaptation Thread  Dec 12 2019, 10:10:40 AM
Oh it’s everything I hoped and more!
WEST SIDE STORY (2019 Revival) Preview Thread  Dec 10 2019, 12:50:54 AM
Saw this on Twitter

“So much to unpack in the new “West Side Story” revival. But basic reminders :

Only female song cut ✅
Girls cut from “Cool” ✅
Anita’s quintet solo has Bernardo ✅
“America” cuts Rosalia adds men ✅”

https://twitter.com/ellynmarsh/status/1204239500337176576

Can’t remember if all of this information had been released or not but WOW

WEST SIDE STORY (2019 Revival) Preview Thread  Dec 10 2019, 12:00:51 AM
So was anyone at the final dress?
Diana on broadway. How will New York respond  Dec 9 2019, 04:36:08 PM
Oof is that really what they are trying to sell the show with? That was not good
& Juliet  Dec 1 2019, 03:00:42 PM
Has anyone heard if this could make its way to New York in the next few years? I want to see it so bad but don’t have the funds to make it to London for a while
Favorite Flop?  Nov 20 2019, 12:09:16 PM
Tuck Everlasting for sure! I love the music and that final ballet was beautiful. I think some better direction and it could have been a hit. It didn’t need to be a big show in a huge house with a large cast.
THE WHO'S TOMMY Will Return to Broadway in 2021  Oct 22 2019, 12:05:46 AM

uncageg said: "Clyde15 said: "FANtomFollies said: "I'm only vaguely familiar with Andy Mientus - in all seriousness - where is the hate from?"

Having seen the production of Whos Tommy he did in Denver it was... not good... to say the least. It sounded like he was straining the entire show and the direction left much to be desired
"

Was this the production at the Theater Company?

I saw the 1st National Tour of t

THE WHO'S TOMMY Will Return to Broadway in 2021  Oct 21 2019, 11:58:20 PM

FANtomFollies said: "I'm only vaguely familiar with Andy Mientus - in all seriousness - where is the hate from?"

Having seen the production of Whos Tommy he did in Denver it was... not good... to say the least. It sounded like he was straining the entire show and the direction left much to be desired 

Becoming Nancy Previews/Performances Atlanta  Sep 19 2019, 12:38:59 AM
I haven’t been able to find any professional reviews. Anyone know where to find them?
Becoming Nancy Previews/Performances Atlanta  Sep 8 2019, 12:54:08 AM
Has anyone seen the first couple of previews? I love the music I’ve heard so far but dying to hear how the show is as a whole
Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 8/25/19  Aug 26 2019, 05:08:30 PM
I wonder if Colleen could come back after she tours. I think her tour finishes the middle of November so she could come back for the holidays and help close out the show
Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 8/4/19  Aug 5 2019, 04:12:20 PM

little_sally said: "ChildofEarth said: "Jujamcyn isnt going to have to worry about tenants for some time by the looks of these numbers for all of their shows.

Come From Away seems to be slipping ever so slightly, but wow I still can’t believe they’ve made it this far.
"

I was wondering about Come From Away as well but I think they've made so much money, both on Broadway and globally, that they'll be around for a lot longer.<

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 8/4/19  Aug 5 2019, 03:47:41 PM
Happy to see Beetlejuice and The Prom up when everything else was down!
Roles on Broadway that are not normally wigged?  Aug 2 2019, 11:23:00 PM

raddersons said: "taylortrensch said: "usually unwigged females: alana (deh), natasha (tgc), all alisons (fun home), all females in ooti except for timoune,female papa ge, hermione granger (hp:tcc)"

I seem to recall an interview with Kate Shindle when she was cast as Big Alison on the Fun Hometour -- I think she wanted to do a wig, but the producers made her cut her hair.
"

I believe it was the other way around. I think the producers offe

Finding Neverland Question  Jul 26 2019, 03:38:09 AM
I’m assuming it’s not available yet because they announced another tour for this upcoming year. Hopefully this will be the last non-equity tour and other theatres can start getting their hands on it soon. I would love to direct it!
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You