News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for yourheartcansing

Member Name: yourheartcansing
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Oscar Isaac and Rachel Brosnahan in THE SIGN IN SIDNEY BRUSTEIN’S WINDOW at BAM  Oct 15 2022, 06:40:18 PM

JasonC3 said: "Quick in and out for member tickets today. Pricing was not as bad as I anticipated, particularly with the 20% member discount."

Trying to plan ahead for the general on sale, what is the high end of the ticket price range? I tend to prefer to sit closer in orch if prices are in my budget. Or maybe I’ll get a membership if with 20% off I’d break even on 2 tickets lol.

A STRANGE LOOP On Broadway - News & Discussion Thread  Jun 21 2022, 04:50:20 PM

pagereynolds said: "BMcGregor said: "I saw the Sunday 6/19 performance and Edwin Bates was announced to be going on as Usher right before the performance. They had to hold the curtain to get the new Usher ready.

Edwin was spectacular beyond belief. I was absolutely stunned. Also I believe this was their Broadway debut that day.
"

I don't think that's the reason they were holding. Edwin went on Saturday as well, and Jacquel h

Bandstand Rush Reports  Aug 4 2017, 08:08:42 AM

I went last night at about 5 minutes til doors and they still had orch rush left, but no mezz. Got row N seat 21, which was a great view, all I missed was the bar and nothing really happens there. Also half the row was empty so I slid over during intermission.

Elsie Fest: October 8, 2017  Aug 1 2017, 10:31:37 PM

PatrickDC said: "LxGstv said: "ChildofEarth said: "How the hell did Criss manage to pull Audra? This is a FANTASTIC lineup (Well, Alan and Audra)"

Hasn't been confirmed yet. Everyone tweeted under it that it's not official yet.
"

Should they be publicizing a big name like Audra before she's confirmed? And without a footnote noting she is not confirmed or "tentative cast", etc.? See

HEDWIG TOUR  May 17 2017, 11:43:16 AM

South Florida said: "Can someone address the situation on Sunday performances because my wife is flying up specifically to see Euan next Sunday and she will be heartbroken.

"

Well, as I don't think there's a show next Sunday according to the show's site, idk which Sunday you actually mean lol. If you mean this Sunday the 21st, since they appear to have a week off before Boston, it's unlikely he'd tak

Hamilton Chicago - 2/10/17  Mar 30 2017, 06:21:29 PM

Call_me_jorge said: "Can't tell if this is from two nights ago or from last night. If it's from last night congrats to him on going on again! Is there another kG3 understudy besides Jin ha and Joseph? I wonder how it would work if Jin were to be out when joseph needed to be on as Hamilton https://instagram.com/p/BSPxnvJgK5D/

"

I saw the evening show last night and Joseph was on as the king. He was fantastic!

A ‘Hamlet’ With Oscar Isaac, Once Canceled, Will Run at the Public Theater  Mar 23 2017, 12:41:53 PM

abbagirl said: "Anyone know if the Public is gonna do one of their Free First Previews for this show? (I'm guessing no?)

"

It's listed on the calendar with the symbol they use for free first previews, and you can't select June 20th when buying tickets, so I'd say they are.

A ‘Hamlet’ With Oscar Isaac, Once Canceled, Will Run at the Public Theater  Mar 23 2017, 12:10:44 PM

I did have to manually refresh the page as it didn't seem to do it automatically, but managed to snag seats in the center section row e, so not bad at all. I had prepared for a mess from what i'd seen on here, so relatively pain free this time it seems.

HEDWIG TOUR  Mar 20 2017, 09:43:47 PM

pg1287 said: "Having seen the tour in both Detroit and Chicago I have noticed that "Angry Inch" is usually the song that triggers most of the walk outs. Saw 2-3 couples leave in Detroit and 4-5 leave in Chicago. I have also had the pleasure of seeing both Euan and Mason go on as Hedwig, and to be honest I actually enjoyed the standby Mason a bit more. Hopefully he gets to go on a few more times before the tour ends.

"

i didn't want to say it befo

HEDWIG TOUR  Mar 18 2017, 12:53:26 PM

I heard of walkouts in Detroit as well, though didn't personally see any due to being closer to the stage than they must have been (mostly had seats side orch third row or closer) Season ticket holders who clearly must not have read any descriptions most likely. 

And as the person above said, they use the lift in every city I believe. Not quite as impressive as the one used on Broadway, but glad they figured a way to still kinda fit it in. 

HEDWIG TOUR  Mar 13 2017, 01:13:35 PM

It wouldn't surprise me if he's still not 100%, he missed six shows in a row in Detroit because he got strep. I actually ended up seeing the standby, Mason, more than Euan (3 vs 1, thanks cheap student rush lol). However, he most likely went on Sunday night because Mason was very good at tweeting every time he was on in Detroit. Hopefully someone who went can respond with how he sounded that particular night.

I saw Euan's 2nd show back aft

Elsie Fest: Musical Theater Coachella?  Sep 28 2015, 12:21:10 AM

Lea was first because she had another event to go to this evening. She more than likely asked to go first so she wouldn't be rushed to get there. Otherwise I have no doubt Starkid would have gone first.

Just like I'm sure since the top names on the posters were Aaron and Darren, they were meant to be the headliners who go last initially, but Aaron went on before Leslie. Leslie probably couldn't get there any earlier with a matinee to perform in, so they worked around

Ladies and Gentleman....Taye Diggs is your next Hedwig  Aug 8 2015, 06:16:32 PM

"Slightly off topic but I'm seeing the show Wednesday night and was wondering how the view was from the last row of the mezzanine?"

I saw it from the very back corner seat of the mezz and all you miss is the audience interaction during sugar daddy. the theater is small enough i don't think there's really a bad seat there.

Ladies and Gentleman....Taye Diggs is your next Hedwig  Aug 5 2015, 10:50:46 PM

"The context doesn't change the meaning. It a ludicrous, ignorant  statement.
I'm not a huge fan of the performance of Taye's that I saw (his first), but I don't think anyone would call about.com an "official" review."

They are literally saying that it wasn't Hedwig (the show), not that JCM wasn't Hedwig (the character). Reading comprehension is a wonderful thing, context does matter. it's an honest statement, if he changed enough

Applause Before  Jul 26 2015, 11:49:40 PM

I've actually had quite a Hedwig filled day since I found an audio of Taye from yesterday, then watched a boot of JCM. Both had applause, JCM's rather loud tbh. My first 2 times live had silence, so I had hoped that was more common, but it seems applause happens more than I would have thought.

also agree that one shouldn't add to the noise if they want silence. Dude next to me shut up pretty fast when he noticed my body language alone (death glare and crossed arms

Applause Before  Jul 26 2015, 11:15:26 PM

I've had a mix of crowd reactions there, some with silence, once w/ too much applause tbh, and once with some scattered applause that ended before the applause track they play, so it wasn't too noticeable tbh.

By far, the silence is the most powerful and preferred for me. There's something powerful in a room full of people practically holding their breath and waiting to see what is going to happen. The time people applauded and cheered (one particularly loud person right

Ladies and Gentleman....Taye Diggs is your next Hedwig  Jul 26 2015, 09:42:57 AM

I'm totally fine with Taye not wanting to sign at stagedoor, he's not obligated to. If I was in their position I'd probably avoid it most nights too (but i'm an introvert and that would be entirely too draining to do often).

However, I do feel they should be straightforward about it, tell the crowd he may not sign or he may not sign for long. Also, if Taye doesn't want to do it, he shouldn't post a pic of him signing on his twitter/instagram so all his fans can get their hopes up w

Hedwig in London  Jul 3 2015, 10:30:00 AM

I don't think you can really read into Alan being at Hedwig though. That person may have just saw him there and assumed it meant something, but he and Darren are friends, so it could also just mean he was there to see his friend.

I do think he'd be a great Hedwig, but with filming for his show being in NYC, i would imagine it'd be pretty tricky to get him in the London version unless it's not actually happening that soon.

Ladies and Gentleman....Taye Diggs is your next Hedwig  Jun 24 2015, 10:05:20 PM

"Taye is going to rock this performance.  
As to the Darren stan, you can chill now.  
I second the afro for Taye!!!

"

lol, literally all i did was answer your poorly worded question, and then get attacked for it, but whatever.

btw, i may be a fan of Darren, but I also am just a fan of Hedwig in general, and am excited to see what Taye does with the role. may even attempt another nyc trip in

Ladies and Gentleman....Taye Diggs is your next Hedwig  Jun 24 2015, 09:26:18 PM

"Yes, I know Darren is half Filipino.
Phrasing it differently, there might be tweaks in the dialogue of HEDWIG to indicate Taye's A black German. 
I don't think Hedwig has ever been adjusted previously per an actors's ethnic background, and that includes Darren.
 "

now that's a totally different question. as you had worded it, you were wrong, he isn't the first POC to do it. If you already knew about Darren, then why ask

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You