News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for The Rural Juror

Member Name: The Rural Juror
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

The 77th Annual Tony Award Nominations for 2024
 May 16 2024, 09:17:28 AM

He was directed to put different things for "will" and "should" in almost every category? Seems like it will be a frustrating ceremony for him if he really thinks the 95% of the winners are undeserving...

Hilty & Simard to lead DEATH BECOMES HER in Chicago spring 2024
 Apr 29 2024, 02:25:24 PM

BrodyFosse123 said: "The Rural Juror said: "Got tickets to the closing show. Looking forward to hearing some reactions after tonight!"

Do they do an invited dress rehearsal out-of-town? Otherwise, preview performances begin tomorrow: Tuesday April 30, 2024.
"

Oops I forgot what day it was 

Apr 29 2024, 02:11:17 PM

Got tickets to the closing show. Looking forward to hearing some reactions after tonight!

LEMPICKA Reviews
 Apr 19 2024, 09:50:29 AM

I have to say, as someone who found the show fairly entertaining (maybe unpopular opinion) with very strong performances (seems to be the consensus), the ad team is actually doing a genius job marketing this show. Even those rolling their eyes at the ads are at least noticing them. A show with this niche of a subject matter, no celebrity casting, and this middling of reviews would normally be a non-entity in terms of press. However, I feel like it's been the most

LEMPICKA Previews
 Apr 9 2024, 10:17:54 AM

Saw this last week (Saturday March 30th) and found it pretty enjoyable. I liked the design elements, and some of the lighting was very cool. Everyone was in good vocal shape. Everyone down to the ensemble soloists was putting in the WORK for this show. After seeing a couple of leads barely scraping by in Sweeney the night before, it was refreshing to hear even the smallest of solos done flawlessly. I will echo the sentiments that Amber Iman gives a star turn, and Beth Leave

Mar 4 2024, 02:22:18 PM

Sieber is an obvious choice for this, and I'm excited to see it in May! No intended slight to her, but Michelle Williams seems very much like a placeholder to me, and they would go with a bigger "name" for Broadway. Obviously Scherzinger was intended for the role, but Sunset put the kibosh on that.

Hilty and Simard are perfect for these roles, beautiful actresses who can sing and are HILARIOUS. I can't imagine any bigger "names" they would

Little Shop...Who Leads? Anyone know?
 Feb 28 2024, 10:13:27 AM

Jinkx as Audrey is so exciting! I know it wouldn't line up with her schedule of going back to Chicago, but it would be an EVENT if she replaced Sutton in Sweeney. 

Shrek tour
 Feb 26 2024, 01:55:52 PM

Alex Kulak2 said: "Did you direct the full version of the show or the Jr. Version? The Jr. Version has that line changed, but every copy of the full version's libretto that I've been able to find has the original line (unless the PDFs I found are from a pre-2020 version of the script."

It was the full version. PDFs online must be pre-that version. 

Shrek tour
 Feb 26 2024, 01:11:43 PM

darquegk said: "For a while they’d settled on “Shrek and Fiona telling dueling versions of their origin stories.” But I don’t know if that’s still the one."

The version I saw this past December had this opening, so I'm guessing so. 

Shrek tour
 Feb 26 2024, 12:03:49 PM

Alex Kulak2 said: "It seems like Tesori and Lindsay-Abaire have wanted to revisit the material for a while (and for good reason - the current versionhas a transphobic slur in the lyric for "Story Of My Life")"

That slur has been out of the licensed version of the show for at least 4 years. When I directed the show in 2020, the line was "They said I was a fashion mess because I wore a granny dress." So I presume there are other things the

Kimberly Akimbo -- Victoria Clark's Schedule
 Feb 26 2024, 10:19:05 AM

Just confirming that Victoria doesn't do Saturday matinees? Is this listed anywhere officially? I have an open Saturday matinee slot for my visit over Easter weekend, and was considering Kimberly to fill it. But if Victoria is officially not doing that show, I will consider something else. 

Aaron Tveit, Sutton Foster will next star in ‘Sweeney Todd’
 Feb 21 2024, 02:06:35 PM

I feel like they could probably find a duo on the level of Sutton and Aaron to replace if they wanted to. Playing Sweeney and Mrs. Lovett on Broadway is pretty enticing to most musical theatre actors, even as replacements. I'm thinking Jane Krakowski. Audra was my first choice, but it seems Gypsy may have taken that opportunity, which is absolutely fine. 

Cole Escola is Mary Todd Lincoln in OH, MARY! Off-Broadway
 Feb 21 2024, 01:59:18 PM

Thank you gay gods for answering my prayer about extending. Cannot wait to see this!

I tried...
 Feb 20 2024, 10:14:28 AM

As well done as the majority of this movie was, I can't help but feel that the filmmakers totally undercut Fantasia by cutting both the context and intro to "I'm Here." Celie's big 11 o'clock number felt like it had little build up and started a little out of nowhere. Instead of "oh boy here it comes!" I remember feeling like "Oh, here it is?" and being caught a bit by surprise. Not to mention the entire number was filmed in the dark.&nb

Feb 16 2024, 08:28:15 AM

TaffyDavenport said: "On the show's calendar, dates from March 26through May 5 are now darker grey and crossed out, and, if you click on a date, the showtimes come up, so it looks like an extension announcementis imminent."

As someone who really wants to see this AND will be in the city Easter weekend, this would be the BEST news. 

Universal's WICKED Film - News & Discussion Thread
 Feb 12 2024, 08:22:42 AM

I don't think I've ever seen so many conclusions being drawn from 57 seconds of footage of what presumably represents 4-5 hours of finished material. Like I know Broadway fans are fickle, but come ON. 

Tina Fey really did spill about "Broadway TikTokers" on Bowen's podcast last week. 

Linklater’s MERRILY WE ROLL ALONG film recasts Frank
 Feb 7 2024, 08:23:05 AM

Mescal's involvement with this project is kind of its saving grace right now. Both Platt and Feldstein having pretty high-profile, musical-related flops over the past couple years was not great marketing for this. Those, coupled with the tremendous reviews of the current revival and its cast was already painting this movie as the "inferior" version, even though it's still like 15 years away. But Paul Mescal is one of the most promising up-and-comers in the industry, and is l

Jan 30 2024, 02:20:43 PM

Any chance this extends? I'm going to NYC on Easter weekend, and this would be at the top of my list to see if it happens to still be playing. 

Actors With Unhealthy Singing Technique?
 Jan 24 2024, 09:28:15 AM

BeingAlive44Ever said: 

"In a lot of cases, I think it's more about sounding impressive than being impressive"

I honestly think this is why a lot of the general populace thinks of Idina Menzel as a peak vocalist. Nearly every other Elphaba/Elsa sings circles around her, but she sounds like she's singing "more" because it's more of a struggle for her. Therefore it's mre "impressive&qu

Aaron Tveit, Sutton Foster will next star in ‘Sweeney Todd’
 Dec 18 2023, 08:52:31 AM

jimmycurry01 said: "The Rural Juror said: "There was a similar IMDB page made for anInto the Woodspro-shot with that replacement cast (Block, Arcelus, Rodriguez, Creel) that obviously never happened. Wouldn't take much stock in it."

Occasionally B-roll footage information shows up on IMDB. People in the industry are able to add their names and credits with IMDBpro. It's a good way to keep track of their work in a public, searchable format.

For Into the Woods, there were several scenes that were filmed and shown on a lot of the theatre websites for marketing. Chances are good that entry relates to those scenes.

"

I hadn't considered that, very good point!

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You