News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Elibal

Elibal Profile Photo
Member Name: Elibal
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Is Satine really gone at the end of the play?
 Feb 18 2024, 06:31:14 PM

As Coroner, I must aver
I thoroughly examined her
And she's not only merely dead
She's really most sincerely dead

Duet Musical Numbers that have a gay guy and straight girl well any girl. (We’re both NOT poc)
 Feb 12 2024, 04:57:00 AM

All the duets between Ziggy and the Robot Waiter on Starmania. The originals are in French, but there's an English translation by Tim Rice called Tycoon. I'm not familiar with the translation, but from the original "La chanson de Ziggy", "Nos planetes se separent", "Duo d'adieu". Admitedly, their respective solos are more interesting.

I'm obsessed with Entertainment Weekly script pages
 Oct 7 2023, 07:22:18 AM

darquegk said: "I love when a successful show publishes its annotated show bible after the fact. I learned so much about writing and rewriting from The Producers Bible."

Wow, I missed the Producers one, seems very useful. Do you know any other shows that have done the same?

Sondheim/Ives HERE WE ARE @ The Shed
 Oct 1 2023, 12:48:59 PM

Ives said on the Frank Rich piece that Sondheim had completed to versions of a terrific song from Altogether Now, the other musical they had been working on. I hope they record it as bonus track at least. But also, since we know everything Sondheim writes at a time tends to sound of the moment, maybe it sounds similar enough to Here We Are that it could be interpolated.

Sondheim's Lost Film Musical
 Sep 30 2023, 05:37:15 PM

On "The almost unknown Stephen Sondheim" there is the sheetmusic for Singing Out Loud, Looks and I can't recall if any other. Also Water Under the Bridge is supposed to have a very prominent counterpoint line that is missing from the recorded versions. A version of the script also floats around. Indeed it seems to me like a natural next film for Lin Manuel to direct as prestige project for some streaming platform.

Sondheim's Final Musical HERE WE ARE will premiere at The Shed this fall (No, really!)
 Sep 26 2023, 08:44:53 AM

ljay889 said: "According to Michael Riedel

”Tunick can’t discussHere We Arejust yet—everybody on the show had to sign a confidentiality agreement that runs until its first preview, on September 28, at the Shed in New York—but sources say he has taken sketches of Sondheim songs and fleshed them out for the second act.”

https://airmail.news/issues/2023-9-23/putting-it-together

I wonder if this is referring to the act two interludes or actual songs that may be in act two now.
"

I have a theory about that, but it involves the plot of the films so I'm putting it on spoiler just in case.

Click Here To Toggle Spoiler Content

As far as we know, the interludes are meant to be used while they are trapped inside the room and cannot leave and feel like songs that never start. But, assuming the musical follows the plot of The Exterminating Angel, they are able to leave once they re-ennact the situation that got them there. Now, Cameron Mackintosh on the article about the famous call were Sondheim played he score, said that was missing was a Loveland-style sequence that he had not written. Now, that "reenactment" at the end seems like a perfect fit for a Loveland sequel. Maybe we are getting both, the interludes and re-constructed version of the solos Sondheim might have sketched for that section.

I guess we will know soon, can't wait.

The brilliant Tom Jones (The Fantasticks, 110 in the Shade, I Do! I Do!) has died at 95.
 Aug 13 2023, 03:59:25 PM

I need to put in a word for Philemon, unjustly neglected and forgotten and yet such an interesting and relevant piece. The PBS proshot of the original production is on youtube for those unaware.

COMPANY Original Spanish Cast Recording Thread (featuring Antonio Banderas)
 Oct 29 2022, 09:11:43 PM

The concept of the production is that Bobby is 50 and reminiscing about his life and past decissions.

Bad Overtures?
 Oct 26 2022, 02:46:51 PM

Probably controversial but Showboat, so many glorious tunes and the overture does a terrible job of selling them. Similarly I don't think I've ever liked a South Pacific overture.

Unfinished Sondheim Material
 Oct 15 2022, 08:10:29 PM

Ke3 said: "TotallyEffed said: "What is Singing Out Loud?"
 No one's ever seen the script though so maybe it's in much better shape than its shelving implies*.
*I will say, maybe the script is fine, and Barbra being busy got it shelved. No one has said that, but I can't imagine this happening without her or another singer of her stature.
"

It is not true that no one has seen the script, it circulates on social media and

PHANTOM OF THE OPERA Murder Mystery Anthology Series in the Works
 Sep 9 2022, 06:18:42 PM

It is also the plot to Stage Fright

Antonio Banderas/Stephen Schwartz's Picasso headed for Broadway
 Sep 4 2022, 07:50:26 PM

Who knows, he's producing but he might star like in A Chorus Line and Company. I'm also excited for a new Schwartz score.

Antonio Banderas/Stephen Schwartz's Picasso headed for Broadway
 Sep 4 2022, 07:18:41 PM

Stephen Schwartz was recently in Malaga to oversee Antonio Banderas' new production of Godspell at his Teatro del Soho, but he was also accompanied by director Gordon Greenberg and a look to the projects section of his web (https://www.gordongreenberg.com/projects) reveals the following:

Cast announced for Netflix movie musical adaptation of 13
 Aug 13 2022, 02:37:06 PM

I had to struggle to find it on my account despite being on my list since it was added before release, however, it was the first thing on my little brother's child profile list of new releases.

Unfinished Sondheim Material
 Aug 2 2022, 08:51:58 PM

I don't know about the state of Square One, but Singing Out Loud is supposed to be finished, please Netflix, Disney+, Apple TV, whomever, Spielberg or Lin-Manuel ask some favours and make the movie.

Jun 4 2022, 03:09:40 PM

Yes, by searching The Sunset Project podcast on google you get multiple results. I'm adding the spotify link, probably the most useful along with the link on the previous message. 

https://open.spotify.com/episode/20OFeCPYC3Iprw8B2lFHjv?si=8cea7a0d6a3147da

Jun 3 2022, 01:11:25 PM

The last episode on the "Sunset Project" podcast about Sunset Boulevard is an interview with Amy Powers where she is quite explicit about how terribly they treated her and the whole experience. She mentions that she was prohibited to have a lawyer read her contract and it estipulated her contribution was to be counted by the exact number of words put by her on the final version, not concepts, meaning, titles, rhyme schemes, syntax etc, hence why many small changes to say the exact s

Antonio Banderas set to direct and star in Company
 Oct 22 2020, 06:16:19 PM

He said in the press conference that Sondheim didn't allow them to do any version that had already been done and encouraged them to try new things, so this production will be set in the seventies, but in a deformed liquid way, as if it is all a memory and the character is remembering his youth. 

Stephen Schwartz's THE MAGIC MAKERS (aka SCHIKANEDER) concert in Australia
 Mar 4 2020, 06:26:54 PM

Back when it was premiering, Schwartz did a promotional event and sung excerps of like two or three songs in English, and I liked the English lyrics, I've been hoping for an English recording since then. I'm not sold on  "The Magic Makers" as a title though.

Collaborators who didn't get along
 Jan 9 2020, 01:03:22 PM

Bob Fosse and Stephen Schwartz during Pippin.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You