News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for hork

hork Profile Photo
Member Name: hork
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

7 or 8 o’clock curtain?
 Jul 1 2024, 09:54:18 PM

I hate 7 o’clock curtains and I hate that they’re taking over. 7 o’clock is dinner time. Why are you starting your show in the middle of dinner time?

Mayer-helmed GALILEO musical and more part of Berkeley Rep season
 Jun 3 2024, 05:01:06 PM

I saw it last week and mostly echo the sentiments above. Esparza is giving it his all but the show itself is strangely lacking in energy for a rock musical. I agree about the pope's flip. Their relationship reminded me of that between Becket and Henry II in Becket, but there you absolutely feel the emotion and here there's just nothing. I was pretty engaged throughout the first act but started getting bored and antsy during the second act. Some of the songs are stirring in th

What is the BEST Show You Have Seen on Broadway
 May 24 2024, 12:22:24 PM

Best show: Fun Home

Best Experience: American Idiot with Billie Joe Armstrong as St. Jimmy

Follies inspired skit on SNL
 May 20 2024, 01:58:01 PM

I googled the difference and still don't think there's really a difference. Even the dictionary defines "skit" as "a short theatrical sketch or act."

What is the worst production you have ever seen on Broadway? What is the worst show?
 May 18 2024, 10:50:07 PM

VernonGersch said: "

Joesph & The Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat - (Pantages Theater, LA, 2014) starring Ace Young and Diana DeGarmo from an early season of American Idol. It was easily the worst thing I have ever seen - although first time seeing that show"

Ah, yes, I also saw that at the Pantages and yes, it was the worst thing I’ve ever seen. 

What is the worst production you have ever seen on Broadway? What is the worst show?
 May 18 2024, 03:05:26 PM

Kimberly Akimbo. It was like watching a bad sitcom with forgettable musical numbers shoehorned in. 

City Centers 24-25: Ragtime, Urinetown, LaChiusa's Wild Party, Love Life
 May 14 2024, 01:33:20 PM

Ragtime and Urinetown top my list of shows I want to see but never have. Too bad I probably won't be able to see these.

Sleep No More - what kind of shape is it in?
 May 14 2024, 12:07:38 PM

I did it two weeks ago and the crowds were ridiculous. It seems like they get worse every time I go. It's now impossible to follow actors or get one-on-ones. I've seen it eight times now and I think that's enough. It used to be my favorite thing but I don't find much enjoyment in it anymore, so I probably wouldn't go back even if it wasn't closing. Which is not to say I don't recommend seeing it if you've never gone. I think it's still worth doing at least

George Clooney is coming to Broadway.
 May 13 2024, 05:02:03 PM

ErmengardeStopSniveling said: "everythingtaboo said: "People have to mortgage their homes to afford to see all these A-Listers."

Nobody has to do anything and see everything.

But if they did see everything, they would have to mortgage their homes. Was the joke really not clear?

The 77th Annual Tony Award Nominations for 2024
 May 5 2024, 06:54:39 PM

Broadway Flash said: "I haven’t seen Jessica Lange yet, but I thought Rachel McAdams was pretty wonderful in Mary Jane. I think I appreciate her performance more now thinking back on it than I did in the theatre. Does anybody think she will beat Sarah Paulson?"

I don't think she will but I hope she does. I found her performance extremely moving, whereas Paulson's performance was very one-note, I felt.

(Insert Name or Show) Was Robbed!
 May 3 2024, 07:18:20 PM

I sense no self-entitlement from that article, merely someone being honest and vulnerable about her emotions on an Instagram post and Playbill for some reason picking it up as a news story. 

May 2 2024, 12:35:20 AM

thirtythirtyninety said: "Well yes of course. I meant betweenAvenue Q & Wicked"

Eh, I still say the best show won (I’m not a fan of Caroline).

ILLINOISE Reviews
 May 1 2024, 11:15:15 PM

ColorTheHours048 said: "Matt Rogers said: "Does anyone dislike this thing or is justtotal love? I recently saw it and my opinion definitely does not match theraves posted here or from the critics."

I didn’t like it at the Armory. The two folks I was with also didn’t care for it, so you’re definitely not alone.

I haven’t seen it on Broadway, but one of my biggest issues was that it felt swallowed up by the Armory space -

ILLINOISE Reviews
 May 1 2024, 10:16:50 PM

Matt Rogers said: "Does anyone dislike this thing or is justtotal love? I recently saw it and my opinion definitely does not match theraves posted here or from the critics."

I wouldn’t say I disliked it, per se, but I definitely didn’t like it. It felt like a weird pantomimed production of Godspell a lot of the time. 

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 4/28/24
 May 1 2024, 03:29:03 PM

No, of course not, but I think it would do okay. 

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 4/28/24
 May 1 2024, 03:07:35 PM

hearthemsing22 said: "Why can't things just be special Broadway runs?"

They can, but they can also be things experienced by people who want to see them but can’t get to New York. And since that way benefits many people and the other way benefits no one, I don’t see a problem with it. 

May 1 2024, 02:46:53 PM

BeingAlive44Ever said: Tell me right now that Avenue Q is a better musical with a better book and score than Wicked. ."

Avenue Q is a much better musical with a far better book and score than Wicked.

MARY JANE Reviews
 Apr 28 2024, 04:33:32 PM

I saw the matinee today and loved it. In a NY trip that so far has included Merrily We Roll Along, Kimberly Akimbo, Stereophonic, Mother Play, and Appropriate, this is the best thing I’ve seen all week. It’s hard not to love Rachel McAdams and I honestly think she deserves the Tony for this. But the whole cast is good. April Matthis was my favorite part of The Piano Lesson and she continues to impress here. Brenda Wehle is the other big standout. 

This was

MERRILY WE ROLL ALONG Reviews
 Apr 24 2024, 10:32:19 PM

I was also at the matinee today. I didn’t expect to like it because I’m not a Sondheim guy and my only other experience with this show was that terrible L.A. production a few years ago, but I thought it was really good. All three leads were impressive. 

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 4/7/24
 Apr 10 2024, 04:36:14 PM

hearthemsing22 said:

And so they won't replace, and their July closing is final. Why so desperate for an extension?"

The question is, why does it bother you when people talk about extensions?

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You