News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for HarrietTaylor

Member Name: HarrietTaylor
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

What makes for an effective revival?
 Mar 29 2016, 12:51:41 PM

Pippin was extremely fluid with the changes they made, which is always more exciting to witness but Cabaret, Hair, and anything Bart Sherr does stay true to the material and make for great revivals. 

Tony predictions
 Mar 29 2016, 12:34:47 PM

Hamilton, Shuffle Along, Waitress, American Psycho

The Humans, King Charles, Eclipsed, The Father

Should a Reviewer for the NYT have some theatre background?
 Mar 21 2016, 10:17:58 AM

I believe that critics, as cultural commentators, are theorists. As long as they do keep a general audience in mind I think an understanding of basic theory can only enrich their writing. You don't have to go to school or even create theater to have an understanding of artistic theory, just as context for the medium you're criticizing. 

What's the Best Broadway Song Ever?
 Mar 16 2016, 01:57:47 PM

The first that came to mind is Stars from Les Mis. It's a beautiful song that does an amazing job of humanizing an antagonist. 

That description also works well for Hamilton's Wait For It, a recent favorite.  

Inject some life into Phantom
 Mar 16 2016, 10:58:37 AM

"It might be some kind of temporary hype in the USA, but I think this style of rapping is not very timeless and will fade when the Americans who like to see it have seen it. I truly believe people will get bored of Hamilton because it doesn't hold up. Quality, musically and singing wise."

Just because someone made an unnecessary comparison between the two doesn't mean you have to compare them. They are nothing alike. And I assure you that Hamilton is goi

what is the OFF BROADWAY show to see?
 Mar 16 2016, 10:53:40 AM

I've seen Straight and Robber Baron in the last few weeks and sadly was not impressed by either. 

Greatly looking forward to Rylance in Nice Fish.

Wicked passes $1 Billion-What Does it have in Common with Phantom and Lion
 Mar 15 2016, 02:50:57 PM

All loom large in pop culture, giving them a lot of crossover appeal. Family friendly and fantastical elements probably don't hurt either. It will be interesting to see how long it takes Hamilton or Book of Mormon to meet those numbers, since both are already beloved but certainly closer to 'niche'.  

Another help me choose what to see thread
 Mar 15 2016, 02:42:56 PM

While I thought Laura Benanti was cast perfectly and she does her best to make She Loves Me fun and contemporary, I found the show a little too cutesy and old fashioned. 

I only saw the original cast of Curious Incident but it's absolutely one of my favorite shows on right now, it's so moving. I recommend it to everyone. 

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You