News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for IslandBoy27

Member Name: IslandBoy27
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

New Hermes in Hadestown??
 May 29 2022, 01:46:55 AM

With today being the day, no one is hired yet? Can’t be. And maybe I missed this or it’s wishful thinking but what about Chris Sullivan. Isn’t THIS IS US completely done filming? Maybe Chris Sullivan for a limited engagement then a new face? It would be so exciting to see a newcomer take this on. Why they always gotta bring in a name? Especially if a show is doing so well. 

Meryl Streep, Patti LuPone, more to perform for virtual Sondheim 90th birthday celebration
 Apr 26 2020, 11:51:19 PM

Bettyboy72 said: "Judy Kuhn nailed my fave rare Sondhiem song. I am so glad she chose it. I wept. Katrina singing Johanna made my cry too. Stunning."

Did it not bother anyone else that she changed the lyrics from her/she to him/he?

Just pick a different song if you can’t sing the actual words. This is to honor him. Sing his words. 

Hardest Roles Currently on Broadway
 Jul 15 2019, 03:16:05 AM
Satine.

Karen Olivo.

I could never imagine doing this every night. On all levels.

People have said that she isn’t sickly looking enough to do this. But the thing is, you can’t be sickly and do this 8 shows a week. No way.

Marilyn- An American Fable
 Oct 25 2018, 03:00:17 AM

As an unknown actor you got to tell the producers and creatives, what you felt needed fixing? I cannot imagine why you got fired"

Are you kidding? You are obviously not an actor. Or an amateur at that. That is WHAT WE ARE HERE FOR IN DEVELOPMENTAL PROCESSES. To tell producers and creators what we think. {edited by BWW staff}. That is what workshops and labs and readings, and out of town tryouts are about! Development. Most producers aren’t creative producers. WE as actor

Mean Girls- Principal Attendance
 Aug 6 2018, 12:56:17 AM

Elegance101 said: "Btw, they didn’t add a Regina/Gretchen standby, Ixchel Cueller just joined on as a vacation swing for the summer."

They did actually. And her name is Ashley De La Rosa. She is the new Regina/Gretchen Standby. 

Who could be coming into Waitress post-McPhee?
 Jul 22 2018, 04:10:42 AM

reginula said: "The truth is I didn't know much about Nicolette Robinson. I think she sounds great! I can imagine her "She Used To Be Mine".
(also, I've seen some tweets from before this thread began of people who hoped to see her as Jenna some day)

This clip is amazing. She’s such a great actress with a great voice that I dont actually care about the voice first. Personally, I could care less about a voice if
Born For This: A New Musical (Boston Run)
 Jun 23 2018, 12:39:34 AM

Born For This: A New Musical (Boston Run)
 Jun 23 2018, 12:39:34 AM
I was wondering about this! Donald was the best Hamilton I ever saw. I hope this is great so it transfers and I get to see him do something else big. He’s a star. And Loren Lott was great when I saw her in Island. What is the story?
Was Springsteen booed?
 Jun 11 2018, 01:23:39 AM
On both of his entrances there seemed to be a noticeable boo coming from the audience. Did anyone else notice this? Does santons know what this is about?
What would have made Frozen Better
 Jun 3 2018, 01:31:37 AM
The MOST this.
Hamilton Chicago
 Apr 12 2017, 02:46:26 AM

So did anyone see Daniel Breaker tonight in his debut? So curious! 

Dream replacement: JOSH GROBAN
 Feb 10 2017, 12:08:01 AM

Alex M said: "IslandBoy27 said: "This replacement is SO good. I don't know how much of a draw he will be. But it is a bit of a jaw drop. A VERY interesting choice to say the least. "

Any idea when itll be "

That I don't know. 

Dream replacement: JOSH GROBAN
 Feb 9 2017, 11:45:49 PM

This replacement is SO good. I don't know how much of a draw he will be. But it is a bit of a jaw drop. A VERY interesting choice to say the least. 

Sheryl Lee Ralph in Wicked
 Nov 6 2016, 12:06:33 AM

nasty_khakis said: "Morrible: How many times do we have to go through this? Witchin' does not put food on the table. Witchin' does not pay the bills. Witchin' is no guarantee to a future. even if you have got talent. Elphie. If you want to win in life. then keep your nose in them books and out of the clouds. Elphie. I know how you feel. Really. I do. But there are a lot of talented people right down there on the streets... witchin' their "shoulda-c

What's Happening in Times Square
 Oct 9 2016, 10:17:15 PM

Correct. A mini concert.

Chance the Rapper.

Alicia Keys. 

Jay-Z

HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
 Sep 29 2016, 12:32:13 AM

I said this a week ago and know it all neon brushed me off. The poster outside clearly lists him as a principal. But neon said that didn't necessarily mean anything. Just saying. 

The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
 Sep 22 2016, 08:52:21 PM

I walked by the Hamilton theater tonight. Seth Stewart is now listed with the principals on the poster next to the door. Andrew Chappelle is still listed with the ensemble. That must mean Seth is the new Laff/Jefferson. Right? He's also on the board as playing it. Hmmmmm. 

Highest Note Required in a Musical?
 Sep 12 2016, 01:54:39 PM

Can we shift this to the men? What is the highest note written for a man? Not embellishments. I think there is an E flat written for the brother in MARIE CHRISTINE. I could be wrong. 

The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
 Sep 5 2016, 06:33:08 PM

What day is the Hamilton alternate's scheduled performance on?

Also, does anyone know if Nicholas or Andrew has ever gone on for Burr? 

Replacement Rules
 Aug 23 2016, 11:27:21 PM

AEA AGMA SM said: "According to the Production Contract a replacement (whether an internal promotion or someone new to the production) must be contracted and begin performances no later than two weeks after an actor leaves. 

"

Two week? Or two months? Two months seems more appropriate. Are you stating that as fact? Is there a link to share on that info? I'd like to read it if possible. 

And can can two people sh

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You