News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for akmiller_98

Member Name: akmiller_98
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

What is the best Stage Performance You Have Ever Seen?  Nov 8 2018, 12:29:25 PM

Ben Platt: Dear Evan Hansen

Alan Cumming: Cabaret (first run on broadway)

Kevin Cahoon: Hedwig at Jane Street

Mary Louise Parker: Proof

calming broadway songs  Nov 5 2018, 09:07:55 AM

"A Soft Place to Land" from Waitress

HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements  Oct 13 2018, 12:58:29 PM

Not sure if this has been mentioned but Bryan Terrell Clark's last day as GW is Oct. 28. I'll definitely miss him. He was great.
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bot2Z7ZgJr-/?hl=en&taken-by=therealbtc

Upcoming Waitress cast replacements?  Sep 19 2018, 09:56:45 PM
Well holy hell. I saw it today and you can now add me to the list of Nicolette super fans. She was fantastic. My favorite Jenna.
What shows have you walked out on?  May 24 2018, 06:41:15 PM

I was given comp tickets to Present Laughter. I left at intermission. I just couldn't sit through another hour of it. It was so dated and boring. People were laughing but I guess I didn't get a single joke.

HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements  May 5 2018, 12:39:44 PM
Donald Webber is going on as Burr. Hmm maybe getting ready for a Chicago run as Burr replacing Gregory Treco? If so, it would be such a loss for the Broadway cast. He is such a talent and brings great energy.
Was Kristolyn Lloyd making a dig towards DEH?  Apr 19 2018, 12:18:58 PM

She was mostly reposting a thread from Carolyn Richardson.
It was a fantastic post.

1. Just casting POC in roles that were written by white people for and about white people isn't the end game in diversity casting.

2. Kristolyn did say she has been the token person of color in several shows. I assume she means DEH as one example. However, she wasn't insinuating it was a bad experience at all.

3. One of the main points that I got from of the thread is that the

Going from Fan to Friend (Is it possible?)  Dec 19 2017, 05:53:45 PM

I think it's highly unlikely that it will happen if you try to make it happen. It's always possible that you may end up at a party (or something like that ) with someone you admire. When you live in a place like New York, you end being friends with people that are in all kinds of industries, so you never know who you will meet.  I met a broadway actor at a bar back in '98. I wasn't a fan of his, just a fan of broadway. (He wasn't at all famous.) I was there with my si

DEH November 19 The Day Has Come!  Nov 19 2017, 07:22:00 PM

Yes. Margo is correct. I had a good view of Justin Paul and he was one of the first people to leap to his feet. Ben started crying when this happened--the applause when on for a quite a long time. Then he took a deep breath, pulled himself together, and started the show.

Dear Evan Hansen - Cancellation Line/Lottery/Ticketing Questions  Nov 8 2017, 05:05:36 PM

When I do will call, I usually just show up 15 minutes before the show starts. The will call line at DEH has always been shorter than the ticket holder line. In fact, usually there is no line at all. You just go to the window and then straight into the theater. You don't have to go back outside and into the ticket holder line. There is still plenty of time to find your seat and use the bathroom.

Jason Mraz to Make Broadway Debut in WAITRESS  Nov 6 2017, 02:47:20 PM

I saw the show on Sunday. I had seen it twice before, both times with Sara.

Betsy: Her voice is sublime. She plays a sadder Jenna right from the get go. And she had tears streaming down her face during "She Used to Be Mine. " Sara was more playful and peppy. I think I prefer Sara, but Betsy was great.

Jason: Yeah. He was a bit stiff and doesn't have much comedic timing. (I had seen Chris Diamantopoulos twice before and he really went for the laughs.) Jason got a li

Dear Evan Hansen Question  Oct 17 2017, 06:29:15 PM

I can't seem to find it, but I saw an interview with Ben and he was asked whether or not Evan is Jewish and he said Evan is not.

Kinky Boots or Waitress?  Sep 7 2017, 04:18:11 PM

Another vote for Waitress.

Kinky boots is cute, but it didn't blow me away.

I was very "meh" about going to see Waitress but I left absolutely loving it so much more than I thought I would. I listen to the cast recording all the time. I knew I had to go back and take my sister. Now I want to go back and see Betsy.

HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements  Sep 4 2017, 12:21:24 PM

That's a bit business minded, but with all the actor blog posts, and tweeting, and blah blah blah, replacing an actor with two terminal illinessss and an injury based on an attendance can be very merky territory.

He does NOT have two terminal illnesses. As far as I know, he did not disclose what kind of cancer he had but his treatments were successful. He is also HIV positive, hardly considered terminal anymore. It is a

Dear Evan Hansen - Ben Platt Attendance  Sep 2 2017, 01:54:07 PM

hmm. I had no problem getting a refund. I was hoping to see Ben before he left. I saw MLB last week. I work in midtown so I just dropped by the box office on my way home. They couldn't exchange the tickets for anything before Ben leaves but they were fine refunding me.

A premium ticket popped up on telecharge this morning for an evening show, so I bought that. 

What should I see?  Jul 13 2017, 03:39:23 PM

Another vote for Groundhog Day!

deleted  Jul 12 2017, 11:49:51 AM

Most Vocally Demanding Roles  Jun 26 2017, 11:19:54 AM

What about Aida and Celie?

(I'm not a singer but they both seem demanding to me.)

Hamilton Lottery  Jun 16 2017, 10:20:17 AM

I won two weeks ago on a Friday. Three other people where I work have also won in the last few months so it's definitely possible! I believe they added more lotto seats recently, no?

THE OFFICIAL 2017 TONY AWARDS VIEWING THREAD  Jun 11 2017, 09:51:50 PM

SO happy for INDECENT!

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You