Hamilton Lottery

ChrisTyler12882 Profile Photo
ChrisTyler12882
#1Hamilton Lottery
Posted: 6/16/17 at 10:03am

Has anybody tried it recently? I know it's next to impossible, but I'm meeting a friend in the city on Wednesday and we were both going to enter for the matinee before we get tickets to something else. What are our odds?

n2nbaby Profile Photo
n2nbaby
#2Hamilton Lottery
Posted: 6/16/17 at 10:09am

The only time I won was the first time I entered, after that I've had no luck. Also, if you're trying for a Wednesday matinee, make sure it isn't the week of the Hamilton education performance, as that is closed to the public. 

macnyc Profile Photo
macnyc
#3Hamilton Lottery
Posted: 6/16/17 at 10:11am

Your odds are not great. But miracles do happen!

Big Apple2 Profile Photo
Big Apple2
#4Hamilton Lottery
Posted: 6/16/17 at 10:15am

I say it's worth entering even if the odds are not that great. Do not throw away your shot. 

akmiller_98
#5Hamilton Lottery
Posted: 6/16/17 at 10:20am

I won two weeks ago on a Friday. Three other people where I work have also won in the last few months so it's definitely possible! I believe they added more lotto seats recently, no?

tiramisu_girl
#6Hamilton Lottery
Posted: 6/16/17 at 11:42am

akmiller_98 said: "I won two weeks ago on a Friday. Three other people where I work have also won in the last few months so it's definitely possible! I believe they added more lotto seats recently, no?

Jealous. Can I get a job at your work? Maybe that's the key. Haha.

settochange Profile Photo
settochange
#7Hamilton Lottery
Posted: 6/16/17 at 11:44am

I can't tell you how many times I've tried, no luck yet. Waiting in line right now to try for SRO. Maybe today will be my day? Lol

thebookofwhizzer Profile Photo
thebookofwhizzer
#8Hamilton Lottery
Posted: 6/16/17 at 11:57am

I was in New York to see falsettos and I had two free nights to see a show before i saw Falsettos on a matinee and left. I entered for Hamilton on the first night, lost and entered again on the second night and Won! It was a miracle so don't loose hope! 

“6 AM. The sky glows. Somewhere a bird chirps. I want to shoot it.” ~ Jonathan Larson, Tick...Tick..BOOM

chuckydisc
#9Hamilton Lottery
Posted: 6/16/17 at 6:32pm

ChrisTyler12882 said: "Has anybody tried it recently? I know it's next to impossible, but I'm meeting a friend in the city on Wednesday and we were both going to enter for the matinee before we get tickets to something else. What are our odds?"

Odds of winning = 2 / number-of-entries

Broadway Flash Profile Photo
Broadway Flash
#10Hamilton Lottery
Posted: 1/26/19 at 10:35am

Where are the seats for this?

schubox
#11Hamilton Lottery
Posted: 1/27/19 at 12:40pm

Broadway Flash said: "Where are the seats for this?"

For NY it’s the entire front row of the center orchestra. They may have changed it but that’s what it was. I know some of the tours they’ve added the second row too, but I think in NYC it’s still just the first row 

n2nbaby Profile Photo
n2nbaby
#12Hamilton Lottery
Posted: 1/27/19 at 12:43pm

As far as I know, it is the first two rows. The added a second row of tickets awhile ago.

Huss417 Profile Photo
Huss417
#13Hamilton Lottery
Posted: 2/1/19 at 12:01pm

I just won the lottery and will find out tomorrow if it is now the first two rows. Last time I won was over 2 1/2 years ago and at that point it was just the first row. Hoping now it is the second row as well. :)

I just found this article dated 11/29/18 from Time Out Magazine. They are saying the first two rows.

https://www.timeout.com/newyork/theater/hamilton-lottery

"I hope your Fanny is bigger than my Peter." Mary Martin to Ezio Pinza opening night of Fanny.
Updated On: 2/1/19 at 12:01 PM

HunterK Profile Photo
HunterK
#14Hamilton Lottery
Posted: 2/1/19 at 6:08pm

I won this past Wednesday evening and we were in the second row (A 105-106). I was VERY happy to be in the second row, found it much easier on the neck. Congratulations!

GreasedLightning Profile Photo
GreasedLightning
#15Hamilton Lottery
Posted: 11/4/19 at 5:51pm

Sorry to bring up an old thread. Does anyone know if the Hamilton app/Broadway Direct lottery are connected? If you enter both are you violating the “1 entry per person” rule or just entering the same pool twice? Just curious. Thanks

FlyHigh523 Profile Photo
FlyHigh523
#16Hamilton Lottery
Posted: 11/4/19 at 7:14pm

GreasedLightning said: "Sorry to bring up an old thread. Does anyone know if the Hamilton app/Broadway Direct lottery are connected? If you enter both are you violating the “1 entry per person” rule or just entering the same pool twice? Just curious. Thanks"

I believe they are connected. I tried to enter both, and BroadwayDirect told me that I already entered. 

everythingtaboo Profile Photo
everythingtaboo
#17Hamilton Lottery
Posted: 9/14/21 at 3:02pm

Has anyone tried the Hamilton Lottery for the return performances? I've only just downloaded the app so I'm a bit confused. Do they tell you day of, or in advance? 

"Hey little girls, look at all the men in shiny shirts and no wives!" - Jackie Hoffman, Xanadu, 19 Feb 2008

Huss417 Profile Photo
Huss417
#18Hamilton Lottery
Posted: 9/14/21 at 3:08pm

everythingtaboo said: "Has anyone tried the Hamilton Lottery for the return performances? I've only just downloaded the app so I'm a bit confused. Do they tell you day of, or in advance?"

Entered it last week. Didn't receive any confirm but looked on the app and each date showed I didn't win. I now know to keep looking at the App the day of the drawing.

"I hope your Fanny is bigger than my Peter." Mary Martin to Ezio Pinza opening night of Fanny.