News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Mr. Wormwood

Mr. Wormwood Profile Photo
Member Name: Mr. Wormwood
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 7/21/24
 Jul 23 2024, 03:20:25 PM

gibsons2 said: "I know the capacity is still high, but is Cabaret kind of... fizzling out? I thought it would've bea juggernaut :"

Doing $1.6mil weekly is not what I would call fizzling out but it is down a bit from where it was pre-Tonys. The real test will come when fall hits and Redmayne leaves.

Olympics on my mind: Showtunes that could be theme songs at the 2024 Games
 Jul 22 2024, 11:45:52 PM

Paris Holds the Key (to Your Heart)

Pocahontas needs to be a broadway musical!
 Jul 18 2024, 04:54:31 PM

I know Broadway Flash says crazy stuff and this is one of them but I could see Disney trying to tackle this again in some way in the future with many more indigenous people involved and some serious rewrites. Whether that be a movie, stage show, etc. I could see them trying to work through it. Who knows if that would be successful and perhaps they've already tried. It does have a very pretty score.

Nontypical show times
 Jul 14 2024, 12:19:49 AM

I say it every time this comes up and I'll say it again. I LOVE nontraditional showtimes. For someone who can only get into the city once or twice a year, I love packing in as many shows as possible and nontraditional times help a lot with that.

Stephanie Mills Hadestown
 Jul 12 2024, 11:04:54 PM

ACL2006 said: "It's believed her delayed start was due to having COVID. She missed over a week of rehearsal time. I'm sure she'll settle into the role. Lillias White was also a bit rough in her first few weeks."

I loved Lillias White in that role so much. Excited to see clips of Mills.

George Clooney is coming to Broadway.
 Jul 10 2024, 11:03:38 PM

At the risk of getting political on this forum, Clooney is making points everyone else is saying in private, including many who are still publicly supporting Biden. If you can't see that this ends with a different Democrat on top of the ticket then you are not opening your eyes to the direction this is heading in. So Clooney is not speaking out to cause division, he's ahead of the curve. And his points are thoughtful and articulate. He's certainly not slamming Biden, he's just

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 7/7/24
 Jul 9 2024, 01:34:08 PM

Not a bad week considering the holiday. Merrily's numbers are still insane to look at even after first hearing the news yesterday.

Water For Elephants seems to be losing some steam.

Broadway Real Estate 2024-25
 Jul 8 2024, 03:13:01 PM

I updated the first post to add the Hayes to Subscription Houses. Thanks for the reminder!

Broadway Real Estate 2024-25
 Jul 8 2024, 12:05:29 AM

I thought with the speculation of shows, it might be worth taking a look at the theaters all in one place. Let me know if I missed anything or if you disagree with anything. I know some of these theaters may be spoken for but not announced but I did not include that.

AVAILABLE IN 2024-25:
Booth (The Roommate scheduled to close 12/15/24)
Circle in the Square (Romeo + Juliet scheduled to close 1/19/25)
Ethel Barrymore (Our Town scheduled to close 1/19/25)
Hud

MERRILY WE ROLL ALONG Reviews
 Jul 4 2024, 09:20:56 PM

^^ well said

I saw it today for the first time. I feel like a lot has been said but I was so pleasantly surprised by how strong Mendez was. I kind of got the vibe that she was the weakest of the three but I adored her in the role. Maybe more than Radcliffe though he was great too.

MERRILY WE ROLL ALONG Reviews
 Jul 4 2024, 09:22:01 AM

bear88 said: "Factoring in profits and critical acclaim, where doesMerrily We Roll Alongrank on the list of successful revivals?Chicagois in a class by itself, of course.The Music Manmade big money but the revival didn’t get as much critical acclaim or Tonyslove.Funny Girlessentially restarted with Lea Michele but even she didn’t sell out the entire run.Hello, Dolly!seems like the most obvious comp, but it revived a hitshow, no

Protesters at Suffs tonight
 Jul 3 2024, 09:28:32 AM

ErmengardeStopSniveling said: "This is the website and “agenda” for more context —

https://www.cancelsuffs.com/realstorysuffs

This is surely not a stunt. This was a deeply sensitive matter in the writing and rewriting of the show and I’m sure it really rattled Shaina.
"

Yeah, given the context of the protests,  there's no way Shaina would have been OK with it as a publicity stunt. She did seem a bit rattled on stage immediately after but the audience was so receptive and I think that helped her and the rest of the cast get back on track quickly

Jul 3 2024, 06:53:39 AM

CoffeeBreak said: "Are they selling the boxes now? It does not look it from seating chart. When we saw the showboth boxes were empty, seemingly for use ofcast banner drops, yelled lines at stage and then removal.

Did ushers not see these peoplesneak to the boxes? How long were they there?
"

The box on House Right is the sound board. There was a woman siting in the box seats on House Left who was not with the protestors. The sign was there for a few mins bef

Jul 2 2024, 11:01:35 PM

I was there tonight, it was quite an experience.

About halfway through Act 1, there were people hanging a sign in the box seats on House Left. I hadn't seen the show before so I thought maybe it was part of the show until I read the sign. Then they started chanting during the first Woodrow Wilson scene. The show stopped for a few mins while it was dealt with. Staff and cast handled it great.

Later in the act when the "Vote Wilson Out" sign comes down in the sa

Incoming new musicals
 Jul 2 2024, 04:23:26 PM

I haven't really been paying attention but is there still speculation that Hercules will replace Aladdin following its West End run?

7 or 8 o’clock curtain?
 Jul 1 2024, 09:18:38 PM

EDSOSLO858 said: "I prefer a 7:00 curtain most weeknights, and 8:00 Friday and Saturday."

That's how I feel too. I think it's probably psychological more than anything but it feels more like an "event' to be 8pm on a weekend.

New Broadway Theater
 Jun 27 2024, 10:43:18 AM

hearthemsing22 said: "They're struggling to fill current broadway houses but sure- let's have them build another one!"

Do you mean fill them with shows or with audiences?

Either way, you're wrong

TOMMY To Close on July 21, 2024
 Jun 25 2024, 08:36:55 PM

I thought it would last a little longer than that but not much longer. I had no interest in this revival but sorry for those who enjoyed it.

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 6/23/24
 Jun 25 2024, 02:12:21 PM

EDSOSLO858 said: "All the “the Tonys don’t make much of a difference” defenders are eating their hats this week, me included.

I never expected to see Stereophonic cross a million in their Broadway run. Good for them.

Notebook, Tommy, and Suffs are good as gone by Labor Day at the latest.
"

Like others have pointed out, I would not include Suffs in that list. It's trending in the right direction right now. I don't think i

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 6/16/24
 Jun 19 2024, 10:10:13 PM

The Notebook is a great example of why the Tonys matter. If it had gotten a nomination for Best Musical and Water For Elephants hadn't, I'm guessing the situations would have been reversed. Of course there will always be shows that don't need the Tony recognition (BTTF, Gatsby) to have decent to good numbers, but for those "on the fence" shows, it can make a very big difference.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You