News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Danster

Member Name: Danster
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Aladdin Disney Plus
 Nov 19 2020, 04:29:48 AM

Has anybody heard anything about Aladdin Live from The West End on Disney Plus. https://whatsondisneyplus.com/aladdin-live-from-the-west-end-coming-soon-to-disney/

I thought it was going to premiere in December 2020.

Next Live Show
 Jun 17 2019, 05:04:40 PM

Honestly I do believe that Patrick Wilson in White Christmas has potential, plus the show would need another three stars. Music Man can also be good but that being said they need a title which is similar to the sound of music which is family friendly and possibly a well loved classic 

They toyed with contemporary titles like Hairspray The Wiz, A Christmas Story but all failed to  deliver the ratings TSOM did

Next Live Show
 Jun 16 2019, 06:45:05 PM

Patrick Wilson as Bob Wallace in White Christmas. That could bring them the ratings they
Are looking for. Fiddler on the Roof could also be a draw.

Funny Girl/The King & I
 Dec 16 2018, 10:08:25 AM

Will both West End's Funny Girl and The king and I be on PBS' s Great Performances.
Unfortunately these were not shown in our movie theatres

West End King and I
 Jun 23 2018, 04:33:56 AM

I hope its filmed for a theatrical release. 

What will be the first show announcing closing after the Tonys?
 Jun 11 2018, 02:41:28 PM

I wonder how long will My Fair Lady last. 

Which original casts have you seen?
 Sep 3 2017, 05:24:42 PM

This is going to be long but here goes

Jersey Boys,

Wicked

9 to 5

An American in Paris

Aladdin

The Little Mermaid

Shrek

The Pirate Queen

The Addams Family

Aida

All Shook Up

Billy Elliot

The Boy from Oz

Chitty Chitty Bang Bang

Cinderella

Grey Gardens

Hairspray

Holiday Inn

In the Heights 

Jane Eyre

Legally Blonde

The Light in the Pia

Rank the TV LIVE musicals
 Sep 3 2017, 01:08:19 PM

Both NBC and FOX choose two good titles to start with, but from then things went downhill. And ratings proof it. Titles that were not adapted for television before gets my vote. But I sure would love to see both White Christmas and the king and I

King and I Tour
 Dec 11 2016, 11:15:56 PM

I loved the show with Kelli O`Hara and Ken Watanabe. I was going to go back last August to see Marrin Mazzie and Daniel Dae Kim, but it closed earlier than anyone had expected. Although I would love to see the show again, I am sure this is a scaled down version especially the beginning so I am not tempted to go.

Thanks for your comments

Next NBC Live Musical
 Dec 11 2016, 05:57:06 PM

How can they do it better than this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wjUgJbjU8N4

Next NBC Live Musical
 Dec 11 2016, 05:46:39 PM

GreasedLightning said:  When was RENT on TV? 

Rent was officially filmed live on Broadway and I think it was shown on PBS Great Performances. As much as I love Rent and think it needs a Broadway Revival, I don`t think it needs another television remake. Rent, Les Mis, Phantom and Miss Saigon needs to be experienced live in theatre but kept away from the camera. 

Next NBC Live Musical
 Dec 11 2016, 10:29:07 AM

BlackElleWoods said: "I would TOTALLY love for them to do legally blonde since I'm obviously obsessed with it lol but I would also love to see RENT . I know most people think it's played out but I absolutely can't get enough of it 

It feels like a merry go round. I do understand that everyone is going to route for their favorite show, but why turn to titles that were already shown on television. Peter Pan, Bye Bye Birdie, Legally Blonde,Rent, all of

Next NBC Live Musical
 Dec 10 2016, 07:55:25 PM

Was The King and I live ever considered? I think it had enjoyed a nice run at the Lincoln center and it would be a hit, if they had to bring either Ken Watanabe or Daniel Dae Kim to reprise their role for TV. 

Next NBC Live Musical
 Dec 10 2016, 07:49:43 PM

Bye Bye Birdie is already in production, so it is very unlikely this would be changed, unless the network decides to cancel these live broadcasts because of the decline in ratings which is more likely to happen.

Next NBC Live Musical
 Dec 10 2016, 03:30:36 PM

Bye Bye Birdie is already in production so it won't be canceled. However I do believe that they are not expecting ratings from this one. My predictions would be around 6 to 8. 

Next NBC Live Musical
 Dec 10 2016, 03:14:25 PM

lovebwy said: "Mrtrobz said: "The time feels right for West Side Story Live. I just think it would dazzle on TV and it's one f those classics that people will tune in for. 
"

West Side Story live could be so great. Get real, young Broadway dancers. You could get star power with Tony and Maria. The problem is, I think they'd be tempted to cast "stars" as Anita, Riff, and Bernardo. I would like to see those parts with hardcore d

HAIRSPRAY LIVE! Viewing Thread
 Dec 10 2016, 01:13:30 AM

The problem with these broadcasts is that on the night they are live, negative comments which are very influential and affecting one's views are bombarding social media. Frankly, I cannot understand how someone can judge a performance by toying with their device and the show is going on. But for that night it is becoming much more interesting to read/type tweets than watching the actual show.

Fortunately and unfortunately once these are released on DVD they are much

Next NBC Live Musical
 Dec 9 2016, 12:23:45 PM

Actually I rather they would have taken a well known classic like West Side Story or Fiddler on the Roof. Maybe get Kelsey Grammer as Tevye. 

HAIRSPRAY LIVE! Viewing Thread
 Dec 9 2016, 12:50:01 AM

I cannot understand why and who decided to toy with the libretto of a Tony Award Winning Show. The cuts they did were not necessarily and what was frustrating because they wanted to add those interviews to make it look like Grease.  

Next NBC Live Musical
 Dec 9 2016, 12:46:38 AM

The Rodgers and Hammerstein organization owns The Sound of Music entirely, as for White Christmas its owned by the estate of Irving Berlin and Paramount Pictures, who definitely will not grant rights to Universal. 

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You