News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for KODALY

KODALY Profile Photo
Member Name: KODALY
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Groban & Ashford in SWEENEY TODD On Broadway
 Jun 14 2023, 01:05:58 AM

No need for a rumor. 

Per the June 1 entry on Mr. Tewksbury's Facebook page:

"Just wanted to share that I will be out of Sweeney Todd until sometime this summer. I have been dealing with osteoarthritis in my right knee and will be getting gel injections in the coming weeks. Unfortunately, I will not be performing on the Tony’s, however I will be cheering very loudly for my amazing cast mates, crew, orchestra, management, producers and pulling for Annel

Why hasn't Patti LuPone played Dolly?
 Jan 3 2023, 01:10:42 AM

Betty registered touching warmth and tenderness as Dolly in the tour performance I saw.

Into the Woods
 Dec 17 2022, 10:38:15 AM

Dylan Smith4 said: "https://www.washingtonpost.com/theater-dance/2022/12/06/into-woods-broadway-kennedy-center/

Meant to say Rapunzel's Prince which per the article had not yet been cast.

According to this article, many from the current BWAY cast will be going to DC including SJB, Sebastian, Montego, Gavin, and Kennedy.
"

Does anyone know who Rapunzel's  cast will be for the tour?

Mw

Has anybody seen Laura Shoop in She Loves Me
 May 26 2016, 07:25:58 AM

Laura missed seven performances when she was out sick- Wed 4/6 - Sun 4/10 and two or three prior to that.

Not sure how many she has missed since then.

Has anybody seen Laura Shoop in She Loves Me
 May 25 2016, 06:58:54 PM

Saw Laura Shoop three times and she was Terrific (may come off as more vulnerable than Bennati- who we did not see.  

Sorry that Michael McGrath had to leave the show - hope he is alright and not sure if the show clicks the same way without him.   The time we saw it with his understudy playing Sipos, it seemed as though the show had lost its heart. 

Unpopular Opinions
 Apr 30 2016, 08:57:07 PM

That the recent refusal to license or allow performances of shows in NC and Mississippi hurt the people they intend to help much more than they impact the persons they intend to effect.

Recommendations for Cast Albums to workout to
 Apr 28 2016, 06:50:03 PM

Barnum.  

The numbers are mostly peppy and uptempo.

Why Isn't She Loves Me a Monster Hit
 Apr 5 2016, 11:02:12 PM

Mr. Nowack said: "Ironic indeed Mr. Kodaly, ironic indeed. A great song yes but a great title no.

Think if they called it "Ice Cream" ...

or "Come with me Ilona"

Why Isn't She Loves Me a Monster Hit
 Apr 5 2016, 10:37:18 PM

Mr. Nowack said: "I also hate the title honestly. "Dear Friend" maybe could have been a better one if they wanted one from a song.

Somehow it's ironic that Mr. Nowack "hate(s) the title" - it being also the song through which his character  expresses his realization and joy in Amalia's love for him.

BREAKING! ANDY KARL to Star in GROUNDHOG DAY on Broadway
 Mar 11 2016, 04:25:43 PM

Very fond of Andy but are we sure this will make it to Broadway if it tanks (or is less than well received) in London.  THINK- "Love Never Dies" of Andrew Lloyd Webber.

She Loves Me previews
 Mar 10 2016, 09:25:28 AM

Cupid Boy2 said: "henrikegerman said: "Actually, Kodaly, Kuhn did transfer to Broadway but left during the run.  In fact, she was nominated for a Tony."

Not sure about the arcane rules involved with the Tony nominations but Judy Kuhn did not continue with the show after the transfer (see attached excerpt from 10/3/93 NYT .

THEATER; Encore for 'Ice Cream' Team

By AVE

She Loves Me previews
 Mar 9 2016, 07:31:57 PM

Judy Kuhn did not transfer with the show to Broadway or participate in the recording made of the Broadway transfer due to her commitment to Disney to be the voice of POCAHONTAS in the movie of the same name.

She Loves Me
 Feb 16 2016, 06:03:30 PM

Not sure what tickets for what time frame were available/released when but the publicly announced run announced on 5/13/14 was just extended one time for two weeks on 4/30/15.  (See links below)

I find it hard to believe , even if the theater is available, that Benanti, Levi and Krakowski with their TV and other commitments would all be available to extend for more than a couple of weeks

http://www.playbill.com/news/article/on-the-twentieth-century-with-kristin-chenoweth-and-peter-gallagher-sets-20-218284

http://www.playbill.com/news/article/on-the-twentieth-century-revival-starring-kristin-chenoweth-extends-on-broadway-348027

She Loves Me
 Feb 15 2016, 11:26:21 AM

I believe that the originally scheduled run of ON THE TWENTIETH CENTURY was 4 weeks longer than what has been scheduled for SHE LOVES ME and that there was only one extension of the run (by 2 weeks).

Met Opera Backstage Tour
 Dec 31 2015, 01:53:35 PM

Yes the Met is at Lincoln Center.   As one who has done both tours, I cannot recommend the Met tour enough.  It  truly gets you backstage to see the inner workings of a theater like no other tour I know of in NYC.

Oh, Jesus. Barbra Streisand won't Destroy GYPSY
 Nov 12 2015, 10:03:56 PM

Gypsy has been done to death and she is clearly too old for the part.

Would be perfect in SUNSET BOULEVARD, Sure wish she would do it.

Songs That Have Moved You To Tears
 Sep 5 2015, 09:44:08 PM

He Plays The Violin - 1776 (Especially Betty Buckley's rendition)

SHE LOVES ME Casting
 Sep 3 2015, 04:22:54 PM

Birthdates for the record

Kelli O'Hara 4/16/76 Laura Benanti 7/15/79 Zachary Levi 9/29/80

Not sure why someone would say that Kelli "reads" younger than Laura. Zach and Laura are nearly the same age - Kelli is several years older than both of them.

SHE LOVES ME Casting
 Sep 3 2015, 04:22:52 PM

Not sure why someone would say that Kelli "reads" younger than Laura. Zach and Laura are nearly the same age - Kelli is several years older than both of them.

SHE LOVES ME Casting
 Sep 3 2015, 04:22:39 PM

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You