News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for eyeonbroadway

eyeonbroadway Profile Photo
Member Name: eyeonbroadway
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Taye and idina singing 'As Long As You're Mine'!
 Oct 8 2005, 05:13:52 PM
Umm...I say Taye in Wicked back in Dec '03 while Norbert was out with his back injury, and I thought he was just awful. It's probably unfair to compare him to Norbert, but even beyond that, it didn't look like he really stepped into the role and did anything with it.
re: I’ve made my Broadway debut….Spelling Bee Friday, 10/7
 Oct 8 2005, 01:12:05 PM
Interesting, tkts. When I saw Spelling Bee in July, the same thing happened. The boy they chose (maybe 9 or 10) spelled his "exit" word correctly, everyone acted surprised but they played along with it. They got him out with xenophobe, I think it was, because he started to spell it with a "z", also, so that must be their "back up plan" for when it happens. It seemed very spontaneous, though. The audience loved it and the kid got a big ovation when he sat down.
re: EYES ON BROADWAY
 Oct 8 2005, 01:00:40 PM
How could I NOT respond to this thread?

When I saw Dirty Rotten Scoundrels in July, I was struck by how much John Lithgow expresses with just his eyes. The mischief behind those eyes adds so much to his character!

re: Turning a gay teen straight ... on 'Good Morning America'
 Jul 29 2005, 11:49:54 AM
The bottom line for me is that anyone presuming to know God's intent...and who then uses that smug "knowledge" to justify hatred, oppression, and the emotional abuse of children...is not only delusional and dangerous, but an affront to the very concept of God...
re: Night Of The Hunter
 May 9 2005, 07:22:21 PM
I have the CD and, though I like some of it and think the story has possibilities, it comes across as a work in process and musically "not quite there".
re: Please help; Identify this show!
 May 9 2005, 01:11:18 PM
Ummm... "A Piece Of My Heart" perhaps? By Shirley Lauro?
re: When is a theater weekend not a theater weekend?
 May 7 2005, 04:33:21 PM
I was in NYC the week between Christmas and New Year's two years ago...and it was pretty busy. We're tourists so we had to do New Year's Eve in Times Square at least once...and I'd never do it again...but the rest of the week was great! We had all of our evening tickets in advance but took a chance and managed to get matinee tickets to Boy From Oz the afternoon of New Year's Eve. I think it was a fluke that we managed to get them, though. Hope you enjoy yourself!
re: What has happened to Broadway?
 May 7 2005, 03:52:12 PM
I agree that this is a reasonably good season on Broadway. I can't wait to see Dirty Rotten Scoundrels and I'm having an awful time getting tickets to Spamalot the week of July 4...
GOOD VIBRATIONS was Dreadful!
 May 7 2005, 03:38:33 PM
Glad to see that there is at least some disagreement about whether the show is "dreadful" or not... My wife and I will be in New York for a week this summer and it's one of the shows we have tickets to...so I want there to be at least SOME hope that we'll enjoy it!
re: Millie Tour Ends
 May 7 2005, 03:27:54 PM
I saw the touring production twice and enjoyed it both times. It isn't one of my favorite shows, but it was high energy and fun!
re: BP in Song and Dance...
 Oct 16 2004, 05:28:32 PM
Not sure from your post whether you liked Unexpected Song with BP or not... Personally, I think the Song and Dance cast recording of her Unexpected Song is awful...maybe because it's one of my favorite songs and she sounded so tired and shrill on it. I love the rest of the cast recording, though, and, if you've read anything that Margo had to say about it, BP's actual performance was amazing. I never saw the show, but I believe the name comes from the fact that the first act was all sung and t
re: Broadway abridged...you'll love this
 Sep 3 2004, 06:39:56 AM
Great site! Bookmarked!
re: Good Broadway Love Songs for Weddings?
 Sep 2 2004, 08:30:55 AM
Can't go wrong with One Hand, One Heart from WSS....
re: West Side Story revival...
 Sep 2 2004, 07:47:43 AM
I hope it happens...and I hope it's well done. It's one of my favorite shows and it would definitely get me to NYC to see it!
re: favorite caroline songs
 Sep 2 2004, 07:30:28 AM
I've had my Caroline only a week so I don't have a strong favorite yet...but I'm REALLY liking the show! My only exposure to it had been the Tony's, which wasn't exactly a stellar endorsement, but after getting urged by other board members I bought it anyway. I always try to discipline myself to listen to a show 3 times before I decide whether I like it or not...I know, it sounds kind of rigid and systematic, but it works for me. Most of the time, when I give a show three chances, I find the g
re: My First Time to Hear 'Forbidden Broadway'
 Aug 27 2004, 03:39:06 PM
Glad you discovered it! Only true theatre geeks will get it and that's what's fun about it. I guarantee if you play it for your non-theatre-ish friends they're going to look at you with blank faces. Saw it our last time in NY and REALLY enjoyed it!!
re: I think...
 Aug 27 2004, 10:57:08 AM
Matt, you're right. The "dumbing" of America seems to be happening at an odd time in history considering the incredible access to information today. And, I was pretty liberal about what I allowed my kids to be exposed to...but it's because I knew them, how I'd prepared them to handle things, and because I'd consciously decided to be "responsibly liberal" with them on just about any subject. I was challenged in that decision a few times...I distinctly remember driving down the road listening to
re: Isabel Keating fans...
 Aug 27 2004, 10:13:36 AM
When I saw BFO last December I loosely knew that there was a "Judy Garland" character in the show but I honestly didn't know much about the show other than all of the hype about Hugh. When Isabel stepped on the stage as Judy and started singing I leterally got chills. I remember the last years of Judy Garland when she was skinny and shaky from her vodka diet and Isabel was spot-on. I totally believed that she was Judy Garland. I even heard the guy behind me mutter, "My God, I thought she was
 Aug 27 2004, 10:06:58 AM
Ok, Glitz you got me there...There doesn't seem to be a "norm" for what a parent's job is anymore...Not that there was ever a time when all parents fit a mold, but "protection of the offspring" used to be a pretty basic parental instinct and that included some level of protection from situations that were too adult for them to understand or deal with. That sometimes takes a little work and sacrifice. In this case, the parent should have worked a little harder and I can't help but think that what
 Aug 27 2004, 09:45:25 AM
I am a "tourist" and I can easily understand a non-theatre tourist being oblivious to the "age appropriateness" of certain shows. If the thought was, "hey, while we have the kids in New York to see the Empire State Building let's see one of those Broadway shows...oh, look...here's one with puppets...and didn't that win some award?". I can see that happen. She shouldn't be mad at anyone, though, other than herself because it is a parental responsibility to determine what you're going to expose
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You