News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for modnar

Member Name: modnar
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Anyone seeing LEND ME A TENOR tonight?
 Mar 12 2010, 11:52:51 PM
I saw the show tonight and was impressed. The entire cast did great, especially Shalhoub and LaPaglia. The audience reacted well with lots of applause and laughter throughout and a standing ovation at the end.
The Addams Family 1st Preview...
 Mar 10 2010, 12:28:47 PM
I thought the red curtain was used very effectively. It seemed organic and did a great job of framing scenes.
 Mar 10 2010, 11:51:26 AM
jamiekennywicked: What as it before?
 Mar 10 2010, 11:14:31 AM
Well, I thought the show was pretty good last night. The music pieces were fun and performed well (for the most part). Krysta Rodriguez did *great* as Wednesday!

I did not think Morticia's costume was hideous at all.

I see all the diatribes against the show and just don't understand them. I didn't go expecting a life-changing theatre experience. What I had was a fun night at the theatre with some great musical numbers and a downright entertaining show.

I am by no m

Thousands win FREE tickets to WICKED in HUGE TEXT SCAM!!
 Mar 9 2010, 03:41:58 PM
I got the text, too. I recognized short code the message came from as one "Passing Strange" used a couple years ago. However, I hadn't entered any contest, so I was pretty sure something was awry.
LATEST Addams Family thoughts?
 Mar 9 2010, 12:47:31 PM
I'm going to the show tonight. I'll post thoughts and any other info for those interested tonight.
re: TMZ - Lea/Idina
 Sep 15 2009, 11:49:19 AM
I don't think they look alike at all.
re: Jessica Phillips on as DIANA TONIGHT!!!
 Sep 15 2009, 07:03:24 AM
Ask and you shall receive. :)

I saw the show with Jessica Phillips last night. In summary, I thought she was great!

Overall, I enjoyed her vocals much more than Ripley's. When I saw the show in May with Ripley, her vocals at times were screeching...or simply the wrong pitch.

Jessica was spot-on with the vocals and, at times, every bit as powerful as Alice.

On the non-musical side of her performance, Jessica also did very well. She was very believable as th

re: In NY Nov 22-28
 Nov 17 2008, 03:40:07 PM
Thanks for the tips everyone! We have tickets to Billy Elliot, Speed-the-Plow, and a few others.
In NY Nov 22-28
 Nov 14 2008, 10:22:47 AM
Okay, I'm not a total newbie when it comes to Broadway, so go easy on me. :) I've spent a couple months at a time working in NY, so I hope I know a little more than the average tourist.

Anyway.... My wife and I are going to be in New York Thanksgiving Week (!), Nov 22-28. I know this is a pretty busy week for Broadway and am looking for a couple things:

1) Advice on new shows (musicals or plays) in the last 6 months that you experts would recommend we see. To get a hint of

re: RENT: Live from Broadway (Film) - Thoughts
 Sep 30 2008, 12:14:57 PM
I thought this was excellent! I'm hoping it's released on DVD AND Blu-ray!
re: Best Musical is IN THE HEIGHTS!
 Jun 16 2008, 07:50:47 AM
Awesome and Congrats!
re: in the heights cast recording
 Jun 2 2008, 07:55:35 PM
I got my recording today, and it's awesome!
re: addicted to broadway? watch this...
 May 31 2008, 11:53:39 AM
Hilarious!

"B-roadway doesn't stop!"

re: Original RENT cast and Current LION KING cast to perform on Tony teleca
 May 29 2008, 07:31:40 PM
I think it's great! If it can draw in new viewers and make it more likely the Tony Awards will continue to be televised, I'm for it. Actually, I'm for it just because it seems logical to honor those shows.
re: Original RENT cast and Current LION KING cast to perform on Tony teleca
 May 29 2008, 01:19:19 PM
"This is a celebration of two shows that have been Broadway Smash hits!"

BWAHAHAHAHA!! THIS is an EXCUSE to have two extremely popular musicals perform on the telecast to try and bring in more ratings, disguised as "a celebration of two shows that have been Broadway Smash hits!"

There's nothing that says both of those statements can't be true.

#5 top
 May 29 2008, 01:30:46 AM
The cast recording is currently the #5 "soundtrack" (iTunes' wording, not mine :) ) and #33 overall top album on iTunes.

Way to go Passing Strange!

re: In The Heights CD
 May 28 2008, 05:15:06 PM
Availability on iTunes was also discussed in one of the other ITH threads. It's already listed on Amazon.com's MP3 download site, but not yet available to download.
re: The Official 'In The Heights' Love Thread....
 May 28 2008, 03:31:55 PM
BDavis0092 said
"I'm sure this has been pointed out already but anyone notice how Benny's mic changes a lot in the video of 96,000?"

Yep, I noticed that as well. Knowing nothing about how these things are usually recording, my guess is that they sang the song a few times, sometimes using different mics on different actors to get a different sound, and the video is just parts of those recordings edited together.

listening party
 May 28 2008, 09:57:43 AM
In iTunes, just right-click on each track and click "Convert selection to mp3" (it says something like that). Then just copy to your Zen.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You