TMZ - Lea/Idina

jennafan
#1TMZ - Lea/Idina
Posted: 9/15/09 at 12:31am

It took them awhile, but TMZ finally realized that Broadway stars Lea Michele and Idina Menzel look alike.

'Glee' Star Is Wicked. Updated On: 9/15/09 at 12:31 AM

RentBoy86
#2re: TMZ - Lea/Idina
Posted: 9/15/09 at 12:38am

It's true. They both are pretty, but they're faces are sort of harsh.

jennafan
#2re: TMZ - Lea/Idina
Posted: 9/15/09 at 12:46am

LOL!

Rudy2 Profile Photo
Rudy2
#3re: TMZ - Lea/Idina
Posted: 9/15/09 at 12:54am

I don't think they look much alike at all. Idina looks more like Nelly Furtado. And Nelly Furtado doesn't much look like Lea Michele.

Feb. 28 - Looped, Feb. 28 - Next to Normal, March 4 - Hair, March 11 - A Little Night Music, March 24 - Time Stands Still, April 6 - La Cage Aux Folles, April 10 - Anyone Can Whistle (City Center), April 10 - Looped, May 9 - Enron, May 15 - A Little Night Music, May 15 - A Behanding In Spokane, May 30 - A Behanding In Spokane, May 30 - A Little Night Music, June 20 - A Little Night Music, June 23 - Red, June 23 - Sondheim on Sondheim, July 13 - A Little Night Music, July 18 - The Grand Manner (Lincoln Center)

binau Profile Photo
binau
#4re: TMZ - Lea/Idina
Posted: 9/15/09 at 1:19am

Lea looks like a female version of Idina :).

"You can't overrate Bernadette Peters. She is such a genius. There's a moment in "Too Many Mornings" and Bernadette doing 'I wore green the last time' - It's a voice that is just already given up - it is so sorrowful. Tragic. You can see from that moment the show is going to be headed into such dark territory and it hinges on this tiny throwaway moment of the voice." - Ben Brantley (2022) "Bernadette's whole, stunning performance [as Rose in Gypsy] galvanized the actors capable of letting loose with her. Bernadette's Rose did take its rightful place, but too late, and unseen by too many who should have seen it" Arthur Laurents (2009) "Sondheim's own favorite star performances? [Bernadette] Peters in ''Sunday in the Park,'' Lansbury in ''Sweeney Todd'' and ''obviously, Ethel was thrilling in 'Gypsy.'' Nytimes, 2000

Gobstopper Profile Photo
Gobstopper
#5re: TMZ - Lea/Idina
Posted: 9/15/09 at 1:20am

Lea looks and sounds *far* more like Jackie Burns from the Hair cast.

Rudy2 Profile Photo
Rudy2
#6re: TMZ - Lea/Idina
Posted: 9/15/09 at 1:22am

qolbinau, ouch!

Feb. 28 - Looped, Feb. 28 - Next to Normal, March 4 - Hair, March 11 - A Little Night Music, March 24 - Time Stands Still, April 6 - La Cage Aux Folles, April 10 - Anyone Can Whistle (City Center), April 10 - Looped, May 9 - Enron, May 15 - A Little Night Music, May 15 - A Behanding In Spokane, May 30 - A Behanding In Spokane, May 30 - A Little Night Music, June 20 - A Little Night Music, June 23 - Red, June 23 - Sondheim on Sondheim, July 13 - A Little Night Music, July 18 - The Grand Manner (Lincoln Center)

Craww
#7re: TMZ - Lea/Idina
Posted: 9/15/09 at 10:47am

I don't think it's uncanny or anything, but I've seen shots where they did look alike. The ones they chose do not illustrate the point well.

HollyGolightly2 Profile Photo
HollyGolightly2
#8re: TMZ - Lea/Idina
Posted: 9/15/09 at 10:59am

LOL, my brain skipped over the 'Michele's in the first and fourth posts and I thought we were talking about Salonga.

So I was thoroughly confused as to what you guys were on about until I saw the article.

Marianne2 Profile Photo
Marianne2
#9re: TMZ - Lea/Idina
Posted: 9/15/09 at 11:21am

I think in certain photos they look similar. But, I honestly did not notice this myself until I watched Glee. It's probably because I don't know Lea Michele as well.

"I don't want the pretty lights to come and get me."-Homecoming 2005 "You can't pray away the gay."-Callie Torres on Grey's Anatomy. Ignored Users: suestorm, N2N Nate., Owen22, master bates

RentBoy86
#10re: TMZ - Lea/Idina
Posted: 9/15/09 at 11:39am

Burns from HAIR does look like the two of them combined. And I have a feeling she can sing better than the both of them combined. That chica hits some high notes!

modnar
#11re: TMZ - Lea/Idina
Posted: 9/15/09 at 11:49am

I don't think they look alike at all.

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#12re: TMZ - Lea/Idina
Posted: 9/15/09 at 12:51pm

It's probably not that it took them a while, but that they had no idea who she was before Glee began airing.

Annas_Priest Profile Photo
Annas_Priest
#13re: TMZ - Lea/Idina
Posted: 9/15/09 at 12:55pm

Lea is far prettier.

spiderdj82 Profile Photo
spiderdj82
#14re: TMZ - Lea/Idina
Posted: 9/15/09 at 12:56pm

^^I agree

"They're eating her and then they're going to eat me. OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!!" -Troll 2

Videos