in the heights cast recording

wickedpoppinsfan
#1in the heights cast recording
Posted: 6/2/08 at 5:10pm

ok i just received my cast recording of in the heights how is it?? I never saw the show but I am planning on buying tickets to see it, any thought on how the show is??

folkyboy Profile Photo
folkyboy
#2re: in the heights cast recording
Posted: 6/2/08 at 5:17pm

the show and CD are both AMAZING :) i highly recommend it

Drunk Chita Rivera Profile Photo
Drunk Chita Rivera
#2re: in the heights cast recording
Posted: 6/2/08 at 5:37pm

AMAZING!

yankees1253 Profile Photo
yankees1253
#3re: in the heights cast recording
Posted: 6/2/08 at 7:08pm

both are so addicting!!!! its a show and an obcr to have, and i plan to buy the obcr of the revival south pacific tonight too.

suicidalmickeymouse Profile Photo
suicidalmickeymouse
#4re: in the heights cast recording
Posted: 6/2/08 at 7:09pm

FANTASTIC! A must see!

Hunter: Your teeth need whitening./ Heidi: You sound weird./ Jeff: You taste funny.
-Jeff Bowen's worst onstage line flub.

modnar
#5re: in the heights cast recording
Posted: 6/2/08 at 7:55pm

I got my recording today, and it's awesome!

Testing1232 Profile Photo
Testing1232
#6re: in the heights cast recording
Posted: 6/2/08 at 8:45pm

Show and the CD are both great !! They really did an amazing job with the cast recording.

Testing1232
#7re: in the heights cast recording
Posted: 6/3/08 at 10:25am

Just a bump that it's available in stores today--- Just checked
"J & R"- $16.99 there.

Definitely worth it !

Drunk Chita Rivera Profile Photo
Drunk Chita Rivera
#8re: in the heights cast recording
Posted: 6/3/08 at 10:27am

On iTunes for 15.99!

I got very excited this morning when I saw it.

Mealz1042 Profile Photo
Mealz1042
#9re: in the heights cast recording
Posted: 6/3/08 at 11:20am

its probably too late but if not i would reccomend NOT listening to the show before seeing it, or at least only to listen through 96000 the show is beyond incredible and totally worth seeing!

<-- Gwen Stewart, SOLoist at the last show of RENT
Cages or wings? Which do you prefer? Ask the birds. Fear or love, baby? Don't say the answer Actions speak louder than words. (Tick, Tick... BOOM!)

broadwayfan7 Profile Photo
broadwayfan7
#10re: in the heights cast recording
Posted: 6/3/08 at 3:45pm

Got mine today and absolutely love it! Brings back great memories of when I saw the show.

"Everytime you step on that stage it is somebody's first Broadway show and somebody's last Broadway show. Make it count."

suicidalmickeymouse Profile Photo
suicidalmickeymouse
#11re: in the heights cast recording
Posted: 6/3/08 at 4:36pm

I love it! Got mine today!

Hunter: Your teeth need whitening./ Heidi: You sound weird./ Jeff: You taste funny.
-Jeff Bowen's worst onstage line flub.

Mister Matt Profile Photo
Mister Matt
#12re: in the heights cast recording
Posted: 6/3/08 at 5:04pm

I haven't seen the show, but I have the CD. I like it. I'm not wowed by it, but it is ok.

"What can you expect from a bunch of seitan worshippers?" - Reginald Tresilian

Testing1232
#13re: in the heights cast recording
Posted: 6/3/08 at 5:51pm

Matt,

If you see the show, and then listen to the CD, I betcha love it !!! Just a hunch !

Greekmusicalfan Profile Photo
Greekmusicalfan
#14re: in the heights cast recording
Posted: 6/3/08 at 8:29pm

I'm waiting for my CD to arrive any day, but the show is simply INCREDIBLE !!!

vfd88 Profile Photo
vfd88
#15re: in the heights cast recording
Posted: 6/3/08 at 9:36pm

I thought the cast recording was just okay. Although I have a feeling I'll like it better after I actually see the show.

hermionejuliet Profile Photo
hermionejuliet
#16re: in the heights cast recording
Posted: 6/3/08 at 9:56pm

I actually liked the show more after hearing the cast recording. Can I just say that "Everything I Know" makes me cry every time I listen to it. I cried when I saw it too. The girl who plays Nina should have been recognized in the Tony noms.

So, that was the Drowsy Chaperone. Oh, I love it so much. I know it's not a perfect show...but it does what a musical is supposed to do. It takes you to another world, and it gives you a little tune to carry with you in your head for when you're feeling blue. Ya know?

jackson992
#17re: in the heights cast recording
Posted: 6/4/08 at 12:39am

I thought the cd was so boring.

Mister Matt Profile Photo
Mister Matt
#18re: in the heights cast recording
Posted: 6/4/08 at 3:35pm

Testing1232 - That's entirely possible. I've had many instances where I was unimpressed by the CD, but upon seeing the show, fell in love with it. Lord of the Rings and Billy Elliott are the most recent examples. And then there is the opposite...loved the CD, but didn't care for the show when I acutally saw it (Kiss of the Spider Woman and Ragtime). I would like to see In the Heights and hope I really enjoy it.

"What can you expect from a bunch of seitan worshippers?" - Reginald Tresilian

NYCboy2 Profile Photo
NYCboy2
#19re: in the heights cast recording
Posted: 6/4/08 at 4:12pm

There's only few good songs in the cd. most of the songs are generic and water down version of merengue and salsa. there's really no fire in the songs, just added trumpets to make it sound latin! I saw the show a month ago, and i was not impressed at all, considering i'm from brazil and an immigrant to this country, i dont feel any sympathy for the characters. being latino..I am offended by the stereotypes and its a bit over the top! all they can say is paciencia y fe! this show is overrated (imo) sorry i just dont feel it. if you want a good show, see passing strange! and don't settle for a second best show.
Updated On: 6/4/08 at 04:12 PM

verynewyorkcurious Profile Photo
verynewyorkcurious
#20re: in the heights cast recording
Posted: 6/5/08 at 12:55am

I pre-ordered on Amazon and I just got it today. I am on No Me Diga now, and frankly, I am bored if I don't hear Lin-Manuel.

StuckToTheStage Profile Photo
StuckToTheStage
#21re: in the heights cast recording
Posted: 6/5/08 at 12:57am

This is the most beautiful cast album I've ever heard. I'm in love with it. It's flawless, IMO. Inutil makes my heart melt.

"Maybe you could teach me how to LuPwn? No, that seems like something only a bitter delusional queen could enjoy." -JoeKv99 on the remarks of TooDarnHot

Videos