News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for DRSLOL776

DRSLOL776 Profile Photo
Member Name: DRSLOL776
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: re: 'Memphis' Lives in Us: The Official Love Thread
 Aug 3 2010, 06:42:49 PM
Someone was concerned that Montego’s understudy might not be good since she's on vacation. I know Wayman had already posted a clip, but here is a differenct clip (got it from the Memphis blog) of Dan’yelle Williamson performing Colored Women @ the Playwrights Horizon event. Her voice is FANTASTIC! I've hit the reply button soooo many times!

I really wish I was in NY to catch her performance as well as Bryan Fenkart. It seems like the understudies have been going on a lot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YqNKiMicF6E&feature=player_embedded

Zepka102 – there was a thread that was started discussing the CD’s sound quality. One of the members explained it really well why the sound is like that. I’m not gonna go into details because I’m terrible at explaining things!I have both the limited edition and the regular one. Unfortunately, both versions sound quality sounds the same thing. Oh well, at least there’s a CD for us Memphis fans!!

To the new fans who's recently chimed in: welcome to the Memphis thread! It's wonderful to hear you guys raving about the show. Continue spreading the Memphis love!!

Jul 7 2010, 04:30:15 PM
Tonight is Memphis’s 300th performance! I would like to say congratulations to the cast and crew for their 300th performance!! Every single one of you ROCK!!!
MEMPHIS Box Office Sales Jump After Tony Wins
 Jun 14 2010, 08:01:42 PM
YAAYYY for them!! stage door is going to be CRAZY over there for the next few months!
 Jun 14 2010, 03:55:43 PM
I too would like to add on my congratulations to Memphis for their win!! I was so happy for them when the entire cast was jumping and screaming for joy after Ms. Peters announced “Memphis” for best musical!!! All their hard work has paid off!

CONGRATULATIONS MEMPHIS!!!

And here’s a video showing their BIG WIN!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a43B0sxmcSs

Memphis on THE TODAY SHOW in about 2 minutes!
 May 27 2010, 06:17:46 PM
Elke,

he wears a wig? I had no idea!!

Memphis on THE TODAY SHOW in about 2 minutes!
 May 27 2010, 02:30:26 PM
here's the link!

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/36606816/vp/37376382#/37376382

May 5 2010, 05:50:39 PM
05/05 -- Broadway.com just posted this! They did a wonderul job covering Chad Kimball as he went to the 2010 Tony Award “Meet the Nominees” press junket today. I LOVE the pics!

http://www.broadway.com/shows/memphis/buzz/broadwaycom-exclusive-memphis-star-chad-kimballs-whirlwind-new-life-tony-award-nominee/

Rant about the Tony nominations here
 May 4 2010, 06:02:51 PM
Don’t get me wrong. I am THRILLED that Memphis received 8 noms. In my opinion, it would have been wonderful if Sergio was also recognized for the chorography. The show surrounds itself with a lot of dancing. So I am surprised that he was not nominated. Even a few people here have ranted that they were surprised. Even the HATERS are surprised! Nevertheless, I hope Memphis goes home with a lot of awards that evening.
Rant about the Tony nominations here
 May 4 2010, 05:36:35 PM
I am big big fan of Memphis. I just don’t understand why they were overlooked for best choreography?!
 Apr 12 2010, 05:33:45 PM
I was there for their 200th performance!! The audience was a lil’ dead. But the cast was sizzling hot with tons of energy!!! It was my 4th time seeing the show and I have no idea when I’ll be back in NY to see the show again.

To all you NYorkers Memphis fans – I envy you!! Soak up Memphis as much as you can!!

Apr 9 2010, 03:30:29 AM

Wednesday (4/7) was my 3rd time seeing Memphis. I know 3 times is not that many in comparison to those who've seen it 5 or 10 times. I haven't seen it since October and it was SO great to see the show again!! It's amazing how much joy this show gives me from start to end! My 3rd visit has to be the best by far. I had a great seat, weather was good (this was important since I waited at stage door), and got to briefly go on stage after the show. Chad said since October, there were a few small

re: 'Memphis' Lives in Us: The Official Love Thread
 Dec 31 2009, 02:49:32 PM
I just read on Memphis's blog that the last 3 performances were SOLD OUT!!!

YAYY!!!

http://www.memphisthemusical.com/blog/

Dec 22 2009, 04:44:35 PM
Elke, you win, hands down. You are much farther away than I am!

froggy2 -- LMAO at your "head-scratcher" and "he's not all that large" quote!!

Dec 22 2009, 02:56:57 PM
You guys are lucky to be in NY and see the show as many times as you want!

Correct me if I'm wrong, does Chad have 2 understudy?

Dec 21 2009, 03:30:40 PM
Love love love the show! The dancing, the music, the story, love it all! And all of the cast members are so nice when I waited @ stagedoor.

Thanks Wayman for starting the thread!

re: Memphis on the View
 Dec 17 2009, 04:13:54 PM
Oh man, that really sucks that he could not hit that high note. I’m sure he is feeling pretty bad himself. Especially when this is airing in millions of people’s home. Maybe this is why they gave out the free tickets and CD...
re: The MEMPHIS OBCR
 Dec 17 2009, 03:17:49 PM
JudasIscariot,

Why would they not include a lyric book when the CD starts selling in the stores, Amazon, etc? That doesn't make sense to me. I've purchased many OBCR and all of them have always had a lyric book.

re: Memphis on the View
 Dec 17 2009, 12:55:49 PM
Wayman,

THANK YOU for the recap! I’m at work so I knew I was going to miss it. And I don’t have DVR so I will wait until someone uploads it on youtube.

I just about fell off my chair (okay, not really!) when I read the part “everyone in the audience at 'The View' would be getting an original cast album and a pair of tickets to "Memphis”. They are so so so lucky and I hope they enjoy the free show.

who have you gotten stuff back from?
 Dec 11 2009, 03:27:36 PM
Next2Awesome2,

Why did Montego send you a torn page from the Memphis playbill? I thought you usually request an autograph headshot from the actors?

The reason why I ask is because I plan on sending something to Montego and I'm just wondering if what I'll be getting back is a torn page!!

The Entire Cast of "Nine" will be Nightline tonight
 Dec 10 2009, 03:40:11 PM
Nightline (on ABC) will have a feature on "Nine" tonight. Cynthia McFadden is interviewing the entire cast all together. It starts @ 10:35PM in my time zone and I believe it starts @ 11:35 in the East Coast.

http://abcnews.go.com/Nightline/slideshow?id=9283824

Sorry if this is a double post. I did search in the message board and did not find any mention about this.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You