Memphis on THE TODAY SHOW 5/27

Pippin Profile Photo
Pippin
#1Memphis on THE TODAY SHOW 5/27
Posted: 5/27/10 at 9:50am

that is all.

"I'm an American, Damnit!!! And if it's three things I don't believe in, it's quitting and math."
Updated On: 5/28/10 at 09:50 AM

bjh2114 Profile Photo
bjh2114
#2Memphis on THE TODAY SHOW in about 2 minutes!
Posted: 5/27/10 at 9:53am

Oh Chad Kimble... how ridiculous you look.

ETA: My bad... KIMBALL. I have a friend with the last name "Kimble". Sorry that I switched two acceptable spellings of the same name... Updated On: 5/28/10 at 09:53 AM

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#2Memphis on THE TODAY SHOW in about 2 minutes!
Posted: 5/27/10 at 12:01pm

Just watched it. Why do you think Chad looked ridiculous? He was fun. I forgot that Derrick Baskin is in the show. I hung out a bit with him in Denver when "Mermaid" opened here. A really nice guy. I really do want to see this show.

Just give the world Love.

broadwayfreak2 Profile Photo
broadwayfreak2
#3Memphis on THE TODAY SHOW in about 2 minutes!
Posted: 5/27/10 at 12:37pm

Any video? I missed it.

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#4Memphis on THE TODAY SHOW in about 2 minutes!
Posted: 5/27/10 at 12:39pm

Check the Today Show website. It might be there.

Just give the world Love.

broadwayfreak2 Profile Photo
broadwayfreak2
#5Memphis on THE TODAY SHOW in about 2 minutes!
Posted: 5/27/10 at 12:50pm

Found Kathie Lee and Hoda talking about it, but not the performance. Perhaps it will be up later.

DRSLOL776 Profile Photo
DRSLOL776
Elke Profile Photo
Elke
#7Memphis on THE TODAY SHOW in about 2 minutes!
Posted: 5/27/10 at 5:19pm

Oh Chad Kimble... how ridiculous you look.

As ridiculous as someone who can't spell a performer's name correctly?

On a sidenote: Chad wasn't wearing his wig, was he? Is he still wearing it in the show?

DRSLOL776 Profile Photo
DRSLOL776
#8Memphis on THE TODAY SHOW in about 2 minutes!
Posted: 5/27/10 at 6:17pm

Elke,

he wears a wig? I had no idea!!

HeyMrMusic Profile Photo
HeyMrMusic
#9Memphis on THE TODAY SHOW in about 2 minutes!
Posted: 5/27/10 at 8:02pm

When I saw it a couple weeks ago, he was wearing a dreadful wig. I thought it was just bad hat hair, but it seemed like a wig later on in the show.

~Steven

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#10Memphis on THE TODAY SHOW in about 2 minutes!
Posted: 5/27/10 at 8:19pm

What a dreadful, uninspiring performance that will sell no tickets. Whose idea was it to choose that number, where you have Kimball rolling around on the floor like a dog, and Glover doing an "easy listening" song (and sounding really weak)?

That was awful.

HeyMrMusic Profile Photo
HeyMrMusic
#11Memphis on THE TODAY SHOW in about 2 minutes!
Posted: 5/27/10 at 8:36pm

I just watched it. I agree, that will not sell any tickets. Even though I was not a fan of the show, that song doesn't even represent the show very well in my opinion. Of all the numbers, that was one of the dullest in the entire show. I just hate the way she sings (or was asked to sing) in that Diana Ross style. She clearly can't pull it off well.

~Steven

Piper3500 Profile Photo
Piper3500
#12Memphis on THE TODAY SHOW in about 2 minutes!
Posted: 5/27/10 at 8:43pm

"As ridiculous as someone who can't spell a performer's name correctly?"

That doesn't deserve ridicule actually. People pointing out a spelling mistake or grammar on a like minded discussion forum, however? hmmmm...

(although, when it is a performer that is well known for his role, i can see you pointing out the spelling of it)

Anyway, i don't think Chad looks ridiculous at all. I kind of feel sorry for Montego as well. Imagine coming off a high like winning an award and waking up to read all the sh** from people saying you shouldn't have won and you and musical are a joke. must be hard, but then again i suppose they are used to to it in this business.

"it's a dirty little war"
Updated On: 5/27/10 at 08:43 PM

TheatreFan4 Profile Photo
TheatreFan4
#13Memphis on THE TODAY SHOW in about 2 minutes!
Posted: 5/27/10 at 8:49pm

Why do they ever bother doing numbers other than Memphis Lives In Me & Underground?

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#14Memphis on THE TODAY SHOW in about 2 minutes!
Posted: 5/27/10 at 8:51pm

. Imagine coming off a high like winning an award and waking up to read all the sh** from people saying you shouldn't have won and you and musical are a joke. must be hard, but then again i suppose they are used to to it in this business.

Why are you assuming she read these message boards? Some people feel her performance is not worthy of winning these awards, and we have the right to express our opinions.
Updated On: 5/27/10 at 08:51 PM

taylorPHENOMENON2 Profile Photo
taylorPHENOMENON2
#15Memphis on THE TODAY SHOW in about 2 minutes!
Posted: 5/27/10 at 9:10pm

Well that was embarrassing.

Piper3500 Profile Photo
Piper3500
#16Memphis on THE TODAY SHOW in about 2 minutes!
Posted: 5/27/10 at 9:32pm

"Why are you assuming she read these message boards? Some people feel her performance is not worthy of winning these awards, and we have the right to express our opinions."

I am not asssuming she is reading these boards or do not think that people cannot have an opinion about her performance. She can read papers and this isn't the only place where people thought she should not have won. It was a general statement about how hard it may be to read negativety like that after a win, period. How you construed me saying that you or anyone else didn't have a right to express your opinions is beyond me. :/

"it's a dirty little war"

phantom39 Profile Photo
phantom39
#17Memphis on THE TODAY SHOW in about 2 minutes!
Posted: 5/27/10 at 9:35pm

They should have done a different number... Chad's "performance" in this is laughably bad.

"Movies will make you famous; television will make you rich; but theatre will make you good." - Terrence Mann.

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#18Memphis on THE TODAY SHOW in about 2 minutes!
Posted: 5/27/10 at 9:40pm

I thought his entire Tony nominated "performance" was laughably bad.

Freakyfreak
#19Memphis on THE TODAY SHOW in about 2 minutes!
Posted: 5/28/10 at 2:13am

It's kinda interesting, that everywhere else besides this board here seems to love Memphis (at least 97% of them). The ratings all over the net are REALLY positive - way more positive than most of other musicals out there..)
There is just a little group of expert-wanna bes (yes, I mean people here) who keep on bashing it whenever it's possible.
Makes me wondering who is wrong: The few posters here, or everyone else??
Hate it or love it, it's your choice - but the behaviour of some of the peeps here is just redicolous.
Why can't you just accept productions you don't like that much, instead of insulting poeple here who love it?? (like I have read it sooo many times here in other threads) Get a life!!

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#20Memphis on THE TODAY SHOW in about 2 minutes!
Posted: 5/28/10 at 2:14am

A shill who cannot spell! YESSSS. Now this is good.

Freakyfreak
#21Memphis on THE TODAY SHOW in about 2 minutes!
Posted: 5/28/10 at 2:25am

well.. not everyone could be as smart as you are..
Maybe it has something to do with the fact that english isn't my native language?

WiCkEDrOcKS Profile Photo
WiCkEDrOcKS
#22Memphis on THE TODAY SHOW in about 2 minutes!
Posted: 5/28/10 at 3:09am

...well...that was interesting. I almost fell asleep during it.

Seriously, if Montego wins Best Actress, I'll never stop laughing.

Freakyfreak
#23Memphis on THE TODAY SHOW in about 2 minutes!
Posted: 5/28/10 at 3:22am

You alreaedy stopped laughing after they anounced the Nominees?
.. And after they have won the awards lately??
Well.. it seems that you aren't THAT an expert at all, bec the critics and people who REALLY have enough influence to pick winners at broadway don't see it the way you do... Memphis on THE TODAY SHOW in about 2 minutes! (THIS makes me laughing btw.. lol)

I didn't like the way the main character Huey was played at all, btw, but this doesn't make MEMPHIS bad at all - that's just my point of view. The Music is catchy and the whole stage performace is great! They deserve winning, if you ask me. - Let's see who will laugh out loudest on June 13th!

Sleep well now! :-P

WiCkEDrOcKS Profile Photo
WiCkEDrOcKS
#24Memphis on THE TODAY SHOW in about 2 minutes!
Posted: 5/28/10 at 4:12am

I'd respond to that if I could decipher it...

Videos