pixeltracker

Megan Mullally and Nick Offerman, should they have a show on broadway?

Megan Mullally and Nick Offerman, should they have a show on broadway?

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#1Megan Mullally and Nick Offerman, should they have a show on broadway?
Posted: 10/9/18 at 10:03pm

I love them as a couple, but I love them even more as a comic duo. I think it would be amazing if they wrote a two person play then brought it to broadway. Perhaps during the summer or holiday months.

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

zainmax
#2Megan Mullally and Nick Offerman, should they have a show on broadway?
Posted: 10/9/18 at 10:11pm

I could see them have a stand-up show together in a Broadway theater.

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
zainmax
#4Megan Mullally and Nick Offerman, should they have a show on broadway?
Posted: 10/9/18 at 10:21pm

haterobics said: "They were both Off-Broadway together a few years ago...

https://variety.com/2013/legit/news/megan-mullally-and-nick-offerman-head-off-broadway-1200748683/
"

I think that I remember them doing a tour, as well.

NOWaWarning Profile Photo
NOWaWarning
#5Megan Mullally and Nick Offerman, should they have a show on broadway?
Posted: 10/9/18 at 11:17pm

I wish they could have replaced in Hello, Dolly! 

Updated On: 10/9/18 at 11:17 PM

bwayboy22 Profile Photo
bwayboy22
#6Megan Mullally and Nick Offerman, should they have a show on broadway?
Posted: 10/10/18 at 12:03am

I would love to see them in Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf?

I also think they'd be great in Sweeney if Nick can sing it. 

Wee Thomas2 Profile Photo
Wee Thomas2
#7Megan Mullally and Nick Offerman, should they have a show on broadway?
Posted: 10/10/18 at 6:49am

haterobics said: "They were both Off-Broadway together a few years ago...

https://variety.com/2013/legit/news/megan-mullally-and-nick-offerman-head-off-broadway-1200748683/
"

Annapurna really was a fun little show.

GiantsInTheSky2 Profile Photo
GiantsInTheSky2
#8Megan Mullally and Nick Offerman, should they have a show on broadway?
Posted: 10/10/18 at 8:46am

I would love to see them do an actual show together, but even a performance piece (similar to “Oh, Hello”) would be great. Take my money. I watch plenty of their interviews and love their new book.

I am big. It’s the REVIVALS that got small.

Niles Silvers
#9Megan Mullally and Nick Offerman, should they have a show on broadway?
Posted: 10/10/18 at 3:50pm

I love Megan, but I have a special place in my heart for her uber-daddy husband.  

Esther
#10Megan Mullally and Nick Offerman, should they have a show on broadway?
Posted: 10/10/18 at 5:26pm

bwayboy22 said: "I would love to see them in Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf?

"

He said the same thing re: VW at Symphony Space last week at a book reading/interview they had in conjunction to their joint memoir being published,

BrodyFosse123 Profile Photo
BrodyFosse123
#11Megan Mullally and Nick Offerman, should they have a show on broadway?
Posted: 10/10/18 at 5:36pm

I could see them have a stand-up show together in a Broadway theater.

Both Megan and Nick come from a stage background.  They both have never been stand-up comedians therefore it’s a platform they both would never consider doing.  I just asked Megan (via DM).  

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#12Megan Mullally and Nick Offerman, should they have a show on broadway?
Posted: 10/11/18 at 9:55am

They don't do stand up, but I could definitely see them playing heightened versions of themselves and doing a show about love, sex, and their marriage. It's already a part of their personas and Offerman has already done a one-man show as "Nick Offerman."  

I love them both and would love to see them together onstage in something that really gives them the opportunity to shine. Their chemistry is palpable- even when they just cameo in the other's projects.

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

gleek4114 Profile Photo
gleek4114
#13Megan Mullally and Nick Offerman, should they have a show on broadway?
Posted: 10/11/18 at 12:06pm

They toured a stand-up like show a few years ago called "Summer of 69: No Apostrophe" that was basically about their relationship and sex life. It was a mix of stories and songs and was hilarious. I'd love to see them do that in NYC for a limited run, and maybe film it for Netflix.

Updated On: 10/11/18 at 12:06 PM

greensgreens Profile Photo
greensgreens
#14Megan Mullally and Nick Offerman, should they have a show on broadway?
Posted: 10/11/18 at 12:38pm

Oh my. I think I nearly fainted. They would be IDEAL to lead Hello, Dolly somewhere! It would allow them both to do their "schtick" and serve the show perfectly.

I was lucky enough to catch Nick opening/supporting Megan's band (can't remember the name of the other vocalist). The way they play off each other is incredible! I mean, can you imagine the Harmonia Gardens scene and soon after, Megan chowing down those dumplings??? And then the deep sincerity of the closing scene? Wow, just, wow.

Jay Lerner-Z Profile Photo
Jay Lerner-Z
#15Megan Mullally and Nick Offerman, should they have a show on broadway?
Posted: 10/11/18 at 1:59pm

I love them both and would love to see them together onstage in something that really gives them the opportunity to shine.

Like Gleek said, they toured Summer Of 69 : No Apostrophe a couple of years ago, it was exactly the show you have described! Music, comedy, I loved it...

maybe film it for Netflix...

It's been filmed already, and went out on Epix. You can watch it here, if you have access (or probably track it down elsewhere).

Beyoncé is not an ally. Actions speak louder than words, Mrs. Carter. #Dubai #$$$
Updated On: 10/11/18 at 01:59 PM

Auggie27 Profile Photo
Auggie27
#16Megan Mullally and Nick Offerman, should they have a show on broadway?
Posted: 10/11/18 at 8:33pm

A few years ago, they would've been wonderful in Gionfriddo's "Becky Shaw." The brother and sister roles? Anyone else a fan of the play?  That's the kind of stuff they could nail. Someone suggested "Frankie and Johnnie," but Meghan, good as she is, doesn't read as that type of striving woman.  

"I'm a comedian, but in my spare time, things bother me." Garry Shandling

Sally Burns
#17Megan Mullally and Nick Offerman, should they have a show on broadway?
Posted: 10/13/18 at 7:00am

Esther said: "He said the same thing re: VW at Symphony Space last week at a book reading/interview they had in conjunction to their joint memoir being published,"

The Curran in SF had free tickets when they were in town for their book tour last weekend and I had to miss it because I was out of town. So jealous you got to see them!

Patash Profile Photo
Patash
#18Megan Mullally and Nick Offerman, should they have a show on broadway?
Posted: 10/24/18 at 12:45pm

Call me stupid but I saw them do Annapurna a couple years ago in New York..  At the time I had no idea there were married, and I arrived just before curtain so didn't have time to read the Playbill and find that out.  It wasn't till later when I read that I realized why their onstage chemistry was so great.  

Updated On: 10/24/18 at 12:45 PM

BeNice Profile Photo
BeNice
#19Megan Mullally and Nick Offerman, should they have a show on broadway?
Posted: 10/24/18 at 1:02pm

Far out fantasy BUT if they ever made Overboard a musical she nails those high status characters and Nick Offerman is literally a carpenter.