News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for And Peggy

And Peggy Profile Photo
Member Name: And Peggy
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Bag Storage near Theatres
 Jul 29 2019, 04:15:25 PM

Hotel Pennsylvania (right across from Penn Station) will store luggage for $5 a piece and does okay in a pinch, but it would never be my first choice. 

Explain your favorite broadway show horribly.
 Apr 2 2019, 12:49:49 PM

A young girl rides a bus. 

Andrea Mcardle
 Oct 23 2018, 10:01:47 PM

morosco said: "It was taken off of YouTube years ago but I wish I could again see Andrea as Madame Rose in GYPSY again. It's the only production of GYPSY that I know of that had back up dancers alongside Madame Roseduring Rose's Turn."

I've never wanted to see anything as much as I want to see this. 

Roles for King Kong?
 Oct 15 2018, 08:51:31 PM

That Song and Dance revival Michael Riedel wants to make happen. 

Moulin Rouge Colonial Theatre Previews
 Jul 14 2018, 10:53:47 PM

the.hard.part said: "In general would front balcony be alright for this or is it worth splurging?"

As I mentioned, I was in row D of the balcony and with the exception of the posture queen in front of me blocking some of the action on the stage right passerelle I felt I had an excellent view.  

Jul 14 2018, 09:56:22 PM

millie_dillmount said: "P.S. There were two ladies a few rows in front of me in the dress circle (row H??) who seemed drunk. One lady kept dancing in her seat, bobbing her head obnoxiously, singing, and waving her hands in the air."

I was in row D of the balcony and this was happening to some degree or another in the three rows in front of me. (Well, thankfully no singing, but lots of dancing and bobbing along, etc.) At times it reminded me of the crowd

Jul 11 2018, 09:13:57 PM

Elizabeth Moore said: "The poster is a thick poster paper but not as thick as card stock. I bought mine before the show because there was no way I was waiting in that awful line after the show to stage door in time. It was bent up a little from sitting in the tiny seats but once I frame it it will look fine. :)

Thanks for that! Was it 14x22 or 11x17? I only ask because if it's 11x17 I have a small poster tube that I can fit in my (gasp) BACKPACK, but if it's 1

Jul 11 2018, 08:23:24 PM

KatVer said: "bdboston said: "Question re. the poster for sale at the merchandise booths: is it generic, or does it mention the Emerson Colonial Theater?"

"

I can't tell from the photos that have been posted. Is the poster 14x22 on cardstock or 11x17 on paper? I'll be travelling by bus to see this and I'm trying to anticipate the logistics involved in getting it home without it getting mangled. 

Betty Buckley in Song and Dance
 Mar 28 2018, 05:19:49 PM

Auggie27 said: "They had trouble costuming her, infamously, and you could tell."

I would LOVE to hear more about this!

How Do You Report Someone Selling Bootlegs?
 Mar 7 2018, 09:51:05 AM

BuddyStarr said: "This is white collar crime."

This fall on Fox!

Westport Country Playhouse EVITA Re-Casts Eva Peron Due to Racial Concerns
 Jan 26 2018, 11:38:14 PM

I can't believe that headline has been posted for as long as it has and we aren't already five pages deep into a racially problematic argument with all of the usual players saying all of the same things. Is this growth, or did I just miss something?

ETA link: https://www.broadwayworld.com/article/Westport-Country-Playhouse-EVITA-Re-Casts-Eva-Peron-Due-to-Racial-Concerns-20180126  

Riedel on Pretty Woman changes
 Jan 24 2018, 01:43:12 AM

Dallas Theatre Fan said: "I would post a picture of it but this website is fighting me tooth and nail to post it so, you can see it on the Broadway in Chicago website."

Not trying to threadjack, but I had this problem just now and I can't figure out what's going wrong. I've successfully posted images to this board many times in the past. 

Broadway Coffee Table Books
 Nov 15 2017, 08:07:28 PM

Mildred Plotka said: "Cesare2 said: "Hal Prince's 1974 Broadway environmental production of CANDIDE was also a large coffee table book. 

Do you know the best way to search for the Candicebook? Having a hard time locating it.
"

I second this request! An exact title or ISBN number would be extremely helpful. 

ETA - Is this the one you were referring to?
CANDIDE - THE COMPLETE WORDS AND MUSIC OF THE DRAMA CRITICS AWARD WINNING BROADWAY MUSICAL

Lea Michele announces on WWHL she wants to return to Broadway in FUNNY GIRL
 Oct 12 2017, 11:25:17 PM

I want Fanny Brice to be played by Pregnant Betsy Wolfe, who will be replaced in Waitress by Robot Hal Prince. 

Who's going to Comet's final performance?
 Sep 4 2017, 01:06:48 AM

irishgator1 said: "broadwaygirl89 said: "I'm in theFront Mezz Center, Row E if anyone else is seated near there!"

I'm in Rear Mezz Center Row F with my kids (controversial, I know!), husband, twin sister and her husband.
"

I was in F 10 and there was a man with two kids to my right. Was that by chance you? If I'd seen this post before I would have said hello!

It was just such a glorious performance all around. One day I

Paulson expose On Great Comet controversy
 Aug 31 2017, 11:41:27 PM

Hellob said: "Am I the only one who didn't want to see a 64 year old man pining for a 24 year old girl? Creepy af."

Except, I wouldn't really say that Pierre pines for Natasha in the context of the show. They have a very sweet exchange at the end of Act Two and part ways. In the larger context of War and Peace I could see the problem, but within the world of Great Comet it wouldn't have bothered me to see Mandy Patinkin opposite Denee Be

Who's going to Comet's final performance?
 Aug 30 2017, 09:47:41 PM

I'll be there in the rear mezz. I saw Scott in Cambridge, then Josh Groban from onstage SA3 (GOD I wish I could have gotten that seat again!) and I'm really looking forward to seeing Dave on Sunday.

I booked this last-minute when some seats opened up a couple of weeks ago so my flight's too expensive and my hotel is a fleabag, but I'm just happy to be able to be there at all. 

The Mystery of the Vanishing Thread...
 Aug 24 2017, 10:56:40 PM

bear88 said: "But it's interesting which threads survive, and which ones don't." 

I was surprised that BWW didn't publish an article about it that contained no more information than the thread before lunch and Michael Riedel didn't have an article quoting "unnamed sources" posted by late afternoon. It must be truly dire. 

"

Bernadette To Replace Bette?
 Aug 24 2017, 10:34:17 PM

Was her split from Steve Martin amicable? Have they worked/appeared together in the years since they broke up? I know he's bringing in a play this fall so it's probably not feasible, but that would be some EVENT casting.

THE GREAT COMET Announces September Broadway Closing; Final Performers for Role of 'Pierre'
 Aug 20 2017, 11:28:19 PM

I saw this at ART with Scott Stangland and fell in love. I wasn't convinced that Josh Groban was the right casting, but I bought an onstage ticket this past April and fell in love all over again. Now I have a ticket in the rear mezz for the final performance and I'm happy that I'll be seeing Dave Malloy in the role. This show deserved to run longer, and I hope it gets a revival with better producers and receives the kind of appreciation it deserves. 

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You