News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Amharclann

Amharclann Profile Photo
Member Name: Amharclann
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Julie Andrews to Sing Again!
 Nov 25 2009, 05:06:15 PM
Performing or singing I think it will be fabulous. Bought my ticket on presale earlier today and can't wait.
re: The Sutton Foster 'Wish' Love Thread
 Feb 22 2009, 09:57:00 AM
I love this album and thank you for the great concert review. I do secretly wish another bonus track was her song from Joe's Pub about Patrick Dempsey :)
re: Sutton Foster debut solo CD Wish
 Feb 2 2009, 02:51:32 PM
Double Post
re: Sutton Foster debut solo CD Wish
 Feb 2 2009, 02:51:31 PM
Mine arrived this morning and cheered up a snowy wet evening in Ireland. I know it is weeks before its release date but I guess that doesn't apply to Ireland at least. I have only listened to two songs Sunshine on My Shoulders which is great and Air Conditioner which is hilarious :)

Loving it.

re: New shows in ireland.
 Jan 29 2009, 11:59:27 AM
First of all let me take back my earlier recommendation of Macbecks. Even though I went to see it as a comedy and not as a musical it is so dreadful that I considered walking out....avoid at all costs.

As for theatre in dublin. Apart from Ticketmaster there is no other real website. The main theatres all have websites of their own and they The Gaeity, The Olympia, The Gate and The Abbey....hope that helps.

re: New shows in ireland.
 Jan 28 2009, 06:13:07 AM
Hi JKW. The nearest thing to a musical in Dublin at the moment is Macbecks which is really a comedy show but set to music. I am sure you have heard ppl giving out about it as its about Victoria and David Beckham but as its a parody I would recommend it.

Also the Kenwright tour of Joseph and his Technicolour Dreamcoat is coming back for a few weeks. Its an ok production and better than nothing.

As for new musicals.....nope not in the near furture although if we get out big new T

Songs dedicated to broadway stars
 Jan 25 2009, 11:31:55 AM
I was just listening to "The Song of Sutton Foster" and I was wondering how many other broadway stars have had songs written about them? Does anyone know of any more?
this thread is SO [title of show] cuz it [you know what] ROCKS!!!
 Aug 24 2008, 11:52:51 AM
Hey,

Can some one tell me the order of the phone messages pretty pretty please.....

Via PM if necessary

Shrek
 Aug 24 2008, 08:24:34 AM
I think it looks fun....But Sutton definately suits a blonde more than red head
re: Robert Reviews 'Shrek'!
 Aug 15 2008, 07:21:09 PM
I know the people who have seen this said that Fiona's transformation is not impressive that Sutton just walks off stage for a min or two and comes back on as Ogre Fiona but seeing as it takes Brian D'J 2 hours to get into costume I still don't get how they make up her face etc. I can see that she can just step into a fat suit and wig but her face???

Can some one explain please or PM me if you don't want to post spoilers. Thanks

Fairytales Can Be Rewritten
 Aug 15 2008, 07:20:19 PM
I know the people who have seen this said that Fiona's transformation is not impressive that Sutton just walks off stage for a min or two and comes back on as Ogre Fiona but seeing as it takes Brian D'J 2 hours to get into costume I still don't get how they make up her face etc. I can see that she can just step into a fat suit and wig but her face???

Can some one explain please or PM me if you don't want to post spoilers. Thanks

re: USA Today Reveals First Picture of d'Arcy James in SHREK
 Aug 13 2008, 05:52:48 PM
Oh dear although I am not surprised. A lot of the people this will attract will not have heard of it yet. We need to give it time. I hope for Sutton's sake this is a success as if not that is two non critically aclaimed shows in a row although she in gneral at least tends to do well with the critcs.
re: USA Today Reveals First Picture of d'Arcy James in SHREK
 Aug 13 2008, 05:52:48 PM
Oh dear although I am not surprised. A lot of the people this will attract will not have heard of it yet. We need to give it time. I hope for Sutton's sake this is a success as if not that is two non critically aclaimed shows in a row although she in gneral at least tends to do well with the critcs.
re: Favorite Opening Sequence In a Musical
 Aug 13 2008, 05:15:42 PM
I like the opening to the new London production of the Sound of Music. A figure on a crucifix on the scrim fading to become Maria on the hill in the same pose.
re: Official Shrek The Musical Thread
 Aug 11 2008, 03:34:33 PM
I think this lokks just pure fun....

And since when does Sutton have Nieces and nephews?

re: How About Funny Girl with...
 Aug 10 2008, 10:51:59 AM
Didn't want to start a new thread for a simple question but I watched the Actors Fund Funny Girl concert yesterday and can someone explain why Sutton was not in the finale? Where did she go to?
this thread is SO [title of show] cuz it [you know what] ROCKS!!!
 Jul 20 2008, 07:37:48 PM
Can someone tell me about the voice mail messages bit or PM me if you dont want to spoil it please.....I LOVE The [Title of Show] Show but I am never going to get to see it living in a diferent continent and this intrigues me :~)

Pretty pretty please? thanks

re: Emma Thompson penning the 'My Fair Lady' re-make
 Jul 20 2008, 12:03:27 PM
I would like the film a lot more if she didn't go back to the ancient, misogynist bully that is Prof Higgins.
re: Saw Mamma Mia movie tonight
 Jul 11 2008, 01:34:14 PM
I loved it!!! infact I am going back in two days time with other friends.....at last they are appreciating having a friend who loves musicals as they all want to see this film and are happy to have someone to go with.....Great fun.....although when they went to the trouble to write a whole new song why did they give it to the worst singer of the lot???

Oh and Greece looked amazing.

re: New musicals we'd love to see get written and produced...
 Jul 8 2008, 03:41:55 PM
"oh, or a musical set in an office. i imagined it beginning with a big opening number of the characters going to work on the underground/subway, and the main character being the new girl amongst all the suits. "

Sort of like Throughly Modern Millie without the subway :)

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You