pixeltracker

Sutton Foster debut solo CD Wish

Sutton Foster debut solo CD Wish

Sh-K-Kate Profile Photo
Sh-K-Kate
#1Sutton Foster debut solo CD Wish
Posted: 1/22/09 at 10:24am

For those of you who are interested, you can pre-order now at Sh-K-Boom! We will be getting them in very soon : )
Pre-Order Sutton Foster - Wish

*** To learn more and purchase your favorite CDs visit www.sh-k-boom.com

*** Check out http://shkbuzz.wordpress.com/ for the latest news on what the Sh-K-Artists & shows have been up to... concerts, interviews CD signings and more!

*** To find out which incredibly famous Broadway stars have stopped by the office today and how loud the sirens are outside my window follow us on Twitter @ShKBoom

Pianolin717 Profile Photo
Pianolin717
#2re: Sutton Foster debut solo CD Wish
Posted: 1/22/09 at 11:55am

SO EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Amharclann Profile Photo
Amharclann
Posted: 2/2/09 at 2:51pm

Mine arrived this morning and cheered up a snowy wet evening in Ireland. I know it is weeks before its release date but I guess that doesn't apply to Ireland at least. I have only listened to two songs Sunshine on My Shoulders which is great and Air Conditioner which is hilarious :)

Loving it.

Amharclann Profile Photo
Amharclann
Posted: 2/2/09 at 2:51pm

Double Post Updated On: 2/2/09 at 02:51 PM

TotallyEffed Profile Photo
TotallyEffed
#4re: Sutton Foster debut solo CD Wish
Posted: 2/2/09 at 7:42pm

I absolutely love this album. She sounds amazing and it's so relaxing and adorable and charming.

But I can't help but wondering if a few of her song choices are about her failed marriage. D:

bluesoprano Profile Photo
bluesoprano
#5re: Sutton Foster debut solo CD Wish
Posted: 2/2/09 at 8:19pm

Can't wait to get the cd and listen to all the tracks. From what they have on Sh-K-Boom it sounds great.

TheaterBaby Profile Photo
TheaterBaby
#6re: Sutton Foster debut solo CD Wish
Posted: 2/2/09 at 8:37pm

I received an advanced copy last week. I love Sutton, but I am a bit underwhelmed by the album. Her song choices are good (mostly what she's sung at Joe's Pub in the past); but it's the quality of the CD itself that keeps me from raving about it.
Her voice is so powerful, it over-shadows the music. There's just no balance between the two.
It's nice to have because it is Sutton. It's her debut CD. I just hope if/when she intends to make a second CD, she puts more of that big, brass orchestra sound into it. She is Broadway. She's not Patty Griffin. I expected to be blown away by a belter, and I just am not.

"It's the little things; the details, that distinguish the Barbra Streisands from the Rosalyn Kinds."~Gilmore Girls~
Updated On: 2/2/09 at 08:37 PM

allyk Profile Photo
allyk
#7re: Sutton Foster debut solo CD Wish
Posted: 2/2/09 at 8:38pm

I finally just ordered it... I should get it in a few days because I had it shipped to my dorm on Long Island. Listened to the preview tracks and it sounds wonderful!

B3TA07 Profile Photo
B3TA07
#8re: Sutton Foster debut solo CD Wish
Posted: 2/2/09 at 9:23pm

I have to admit it was extremely underwhelming to me.

-Benjamin
--http://www.benjaminadgate.com/

LiTtLeDaNcEr729 Profile Photo
LiTtLeDaNcEr729
#9re: Sutton Foster debut solo CD Wish
Posted: 2/3/09 at 12:08am

I am enjoying it- even though some of the song choices are a tad bit dull.

I think the arrangement of "Flight" is breathtakingly beautiful. I have been listening to it nonstop. Amazing.

Videos