News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for HeightOfNonchalance

HeightOfNonchalance Profile Photo
Member Name: HeightOfNonchalance
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

The new rotating cohosts of Theater Talk are...
 Dec 23 2017, 08:50:43 AM

I don't know why people are falling over themselves praising Reidel's sense of humor.  Cackling every thirty second does not a sense of humor make.  Did he ever say anything quick or witty?  Ever?

The show is a billion times better now.  Regarding the co-hosts, I quite like Jesse Green, Jan Simpson, Michael Musto, and Jason Zinoman.  The only disaster was Donna Hanover.

Surrender, Dancers (spoilers)
 Oct 14 2017, 08:25:43 PM

Okay, does anyone have the paper and is willing to share the identities of the dancers for any performance?

Surrender, Dancers (spoilers)
 Oct 14 2017, 06:00:10 PM

In The Terms of My Surrender, it's apparently a secret that there's more than Michael Moore on stage.  The dancers are not listed in the Playbill or on IBDB.  Does anyone know who the dancers are?

Donna Karger gone from OnStage?
 Feb 8 2017, 09:06:20 AM

It's worth mentioning, I think, that Roma Torre is wonderful.  I'd watch her for a half-hour, if Frank DiLaLa wasn't in the way.

IMDb closing their message board, thoughts?
 Feb 5 2017, 11:26:27 AM

Well, they're unlikely to change their minds about closing them.  I use the boards for old movies and episodes of less-popular and British TV shows, often to discuss characters and confusing or seemingly unresolved plots, but I'll continue to use IMDb for the cast lists and the bios.

My question is, does anybody know of a good alternative to the IMDb message boards? 

Donna Karger gone from OnStage?
 Feb 4 2017, 01:55:29 PM

Remember the good old days when Frank was a behind-the-scenes producer?  

I've reacted to the recent changes by removing One Stage from my DVR season pass and never watching it.  NY1 won't make changes based on complaints, but they will if no one watches.

Frank DiLella
 Apr 30 2016, 09:04:09 PM

DiLella is okay but he’s certainly not fresh.  He irks me on On Stage with his ordinary and expected coverage, his constant use of tired clichés such as “across the pond” and “left coast," his Deputy Dawn-sounding narratives, and his Ronald Reagan hairdo.  Mostly though, it’s his focus on self-promotion with all those oh-so-interesting stories about him doing something with various shows’ companies, going to an actors’

TheaterTalk can be great
 Apr 2 2016, 12:34:17 PM

On several recent episodes of TheaterTalk on TV, Jesse Green has been the substitute host.  He is fantastic and adds background and intellect where there was none before.  He asks questions that stimulate conversation and when Jesse is on it is very interesting.  I wish he was the permanent host, or someone, give him a show.

Is Anyone Here Also A Member Of All That Chat?
 Aug 6 2012, 01:16:54 PM
I actually prefer the All That Chat format. Sure it looks quaint, but if you view it in the "Flat Mode" it's simple to navigate within topics, and you can easily see the new topics because they're sorted by the date of the first post; or you can sort by the date of the latest post when you desire. It's uncluttered and user-friendly.
New Board Design!
 Apr 13 2012, 12:13:25 PM
It's an improvement. My suggestion is to drop the (Number of) Views column. It's nothing but clutter.
Rosie O'Donnell to star in Annie-according to Huff Post
 Mar 21 2012, 10:29:43 AM
I hope it happens. She was excellent in Encores' No, No, Nanette.

In The Heights...
 Jan 12 2010, 07:16:56 PM
In the Heights is unsubstantial and ridiculous. Nothing much happens, yet they carry on about their problems as if they're starting another French revolution.
re: Pee-Wee Herman readies his comeback play......
 Dec 9 2009, 09:24:29 AM
I'm looking forward to seeing Miss Yvonne in her 60s. Pee-Wee is nothing if not creative -- it'll be great.
re: UnGLEEful
 Sep 17 2009, 10:14:09 AM
The pilot was good, but the first two episodes have been filled with cliched writing and direction, and every three minutes there's a close-up of Matthew Morrison giving his overcome-with-emotion expression. So far I'm still watching hoping for a musical number that makes it worthwhile, and Mercede's moment in the most recent episode was almost good enough.
re: And the 'Worst Logo of theYear' award goes to RAGTIME
 Aug 6 2009, 06:17:52 PM
It's not a logo, it's a graphic design.
re: Susan Blackwell!
 Aug 4 2009, 06:06:50 PM
I've seen her twice in that exact location you describe, but not recently.

re: Finian's Rainbow
 Mar 28 2009, 11:59:52 PM
It is a delightful production. I agree with all the positive comments, and the negative reaction to Bosco who couldn't manage to get through his two short scenes. Best of all was Jeremy Bobb -- so playful, charming and adorable.
re: Misleading Titles
 Jan 7 2009, 09:26:57 AM
Laughter on the 23rd Floor. I thought it would be funny.
re: NY Post Closing Headlines
 Dec 31 2008, 10:18:29 AM
Two, two, two closings in one (I know, limited run...):

Spam-a-lot, you joked a lot
And now you are broke, but you earned a lot
Pal Joey and the Knight's Tale - no more

re: NY Post Closing Headlines
 Dec 31 2008, 09:33:04 AM
Sprung Awakening
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You