Susan Blackwell!

Myglass989
#1Susan Blackwell!
Posted: 8/4/09 at 2:51pm

Anyone know what she's up to? I thought I saw her downtown on 5th Ave near Washington Square Park on my way to work a few weeks ago...and then I saw the same person again this morning. If I see her again, shall I start singing about killing vampires (I might just do that anyway!), or be sad that even though she looks a whole lot like Susan, it isnt her?

dramadude2 Profile Photo
dramadude2
#2re: Susan Blackwell!
Posted: 8/4/09 at 3:11pm

susan blackwell is my favorite person.

No one wants to see a musical called Thoroughly Modern Mildred.

Soliantu Profile Photo
Soliantu
#2re: Susan Blackwell!
Posted: 8/4/09 at 5:38pm

She's awesome, I haven't heard anything about what she's currently doing though. She was doing some Die Vampire Die lectures or something. I dont know what's next though. I'm gonna look around

lull89 Profile Photo
lull89
#3re: Susan Blackwell!
Posted: 8/4/09 at 5:46pm

Her website started up recently, and it's awesome with a lot of great clips from much of her work (http://www.susanblackwell.com). I believe she's still doing her day job, and I know that the [tos] gang was working on a new piece which debuted on the R Family cruise and then was worked on for a week at the O'Neill center (and performed again), so she's involved with that. It's an expansion of the My First Time piece that was performed at last year's Gypsy of the Year, and I REALLY hope they perform it in NY soon!
Updated On: 8/4/09 at 05:46 PM

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#4re: Susan Blackwell!
Posted: 8/4/09 at 5:48pm

She and the [tos} gang were just at the Eugene O'Neil Center (Sun.) workshopping their new venture. I have a friend that attended but have not talked to her.

I do know that all through {tos} Susan never left her office manager job she held, although she did cut back her hours. (Or at least that's what the "word" was.)

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

HeightOfNonchalance Profile Photo
HeightOfNonchalance
#5re: Susan Blackwell!
Posted: 8/4/09 at 6:06pm

I've seen her twice in that exact location you describe, but not recently.
Updated On: 8/4/09 at 06:06 PM

CATSNYrevival Profile Photo
CATSNYrevival
#7re: Susan Blackwell!
Posted: 8/4/09 at 9:05pm

I think Broadway.com or one of the other sites should give her a permanent position interviewing people at special events. Her Broadway Bares video was hysterical.

once a month Profile Photo
once a month
#8re: Susan Blackwell!
Posted: 8/5/09 at 11:48am

In July, right before the Rosie Cruise, I ran into her at Angus McIndoe. She was waiting and on her laptop. She was also on Law and Order this week.

taylorPHENOMENON2 Profile Photo
taylorPHENOMENON2
#9re: Susan Blackwell!
Posted: 8/5/09 at 11:52am

I hear she's starring in a little play called Corporate Whore

Videos