News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Sertzo19

Sertzo19 Profile Photo
Member Name: Sertzo19
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Toni Collette -  Sep 21 2021, 02:13:57 PM

She also sang in the (not so great) Cosi. Would love a Next to Normal big-screen adaptation starring Toni one day. 

Beetlejuice and the possibility of it returning?  Sep 3 2021, 12:52:10 PM

Call_me_jorge said: "Ayanna P. on Twitter is hinting at a show will be announcing they’re reopening soon. I think it’s Beetlejuice

"

Ayanna P also said we were going to get an A-list cast of Chicago that was going make the show sellout instantly.... 

Audience Rewards / Spin The Wheel Promotion  Aug 3 2021, 03:15:33 PM

Thanks for the heads up! Scored 250 my first spin and another 250 on the second. My points were reflected right away in the upper right-hand corner. 

Which Fiyero wore the pants best?  Feb 9 2021, 03:02:56 PM

Nick Adams filled those pants (and shirt and vest) out better than anyone.

Patti LuPone's "Live" CD from 1993  Aug 22 2019, 12:10:57 PM

Also, for anyone who's wondering- this entire live album is on Spotify! Just search Patti LuPone Live and the full 2 disc recording is available in glorious form. 

Camp The Movie - Broadway?  Jun 25 2019, 05:15:50 PM

Um Robin is 34 and he doesn't read anywhere near 16/17, which is the character's age... but yes, a stage adaptation of this could work but that original cast should not be playing any of the principal high school roles. 

Adaptations You Would Like To See?  Apr 3 2019, 11:20:11 AM
This might sound a bit crazy, after the Spider-Man fiasco, but I’d love to see a stage adaptation of Batman Returns. Danny Elfman’s score is gorgeous and there’s enough drama and pathos to make for some great dynamics. Since it was also pre-Blockbuster Batman- there really isn’t THAT much action either, so I don’t think it would have to be as impossible as Spider-Man was at the time. Imagine dream casting a Broadway Catwoman!
SHREK THE MUSICAL- Revival  Mar 26 2019, 03:36:53 PM

Ugh. Please no. 

Does Angels have an online Merc shop?  Apr 6 2018, 12:56:46 PM

They are super responsive on Twitter. Just tweeted them asking, will let ya know what they say! 

Unpopular Opinions  Apr 6 2018, 11:08:55 AM

*Preparing myself for all of the rocks that are most certainly about to get launched my way...

I don't think Glenn Close is a very good stage actress, at least not in the last 2 shows she's done on Broadway. A Delicate Balance was straight up painful to sit through and she flubbed many portions of the endlessly excruciating monologues in that play. I also saw her in Sunset last year and she did the same thing, which I though was surprising considering that she had already been

Has performing a number on the Tony telecast ever REALLY saved a struggling show?  Apr 4 2018, 11:34:31 AM

Hmmm I seem to remember Fun Home being lauded within the theater community pre-Tony;s, but I remember the performance of Ring of Keys drumming up a lot of interest for the show and that coupled with the Best Musical win I think definitely helped extend it's life. 

Next NBC Live Musical  Apr 2 2018, 05:50:53 PM

Bwayfan292 said: "Call me crazy but I would love to see The color purple. Idk if oprah can sing but that would be some Star casting."

There isn't a single meaty role in TCP that Oprah would be age appropriate to play at this point...

EDIT: Unless they stunt cast her as old Celie at the very end to sing I'm Here. But A) There's no way in hell Oprah can sing that song and B) that would destroy the powerful arc an actress has the abi

Unknown Musicals  Mar 28 2018, 12:15:53 PM

Blood Brothers is a good one. Not sure if anyone would consider Parade obscure but it's pretty much forgotten at this point even though it was critically acclaimed in it's initial run. That's probably one of my favorites of all time though, if you haven't listened to it yet- find it! You can find the OBC Recording on Spotify and there's also a recording of the London Donmar Warehouse Cast Recording. The instrumentation in the Donmar recording is more minimal, but it includ

What's a fantasy anyway?  Mar 28 2018, 11:35:37 AM

There isn't much left to say here that others haven't already said. We know the reason Pryor is still alive 5 years after Perestroika is because Belize gave him the (real) AZT Cohn left behind. There's an entire scene devoted to this exchange where Pryor expresses his concerns about the aftermath of AZT and we see those effects on him in the epilogue. Also, although HIV/ADIS was most certainly a death sentence for MANY people, it did not kill EVERYONE who had it. In fact, there are still people alive today who contracted HIV/AIDS in the 80s and early 90s. Here's a link to an article I found through a simple 2 minute Google search with interviews of some of those longtime survivors from 2012. 

This play was written to give hope to those who were still wrestling with these issues and the lethal diagnosis. The play is about hope, resilience and fighting for your right to live. I think the ending perfectly sums all of this up. Pryor didn't live because he was a "good" man, he lived because he fought (and because his friend happened to come across a large source of AZT). Also you can't compare the ending of this play to the re-interpreted ending of MFL, because no liberties have been taken with the ending of this revival of Angels in America. The ending we see today is the ending as it was written and performed 25 years ago. 

Unknown Musicals  Mar 27 2018, 05:30:26 PM

See What I Wanna See is one of my lesser known favorites. I also love Barnum and Nine is often forgotten about, especially since the movie adaptation basically destroyed what made the original show such a delight.

I guess what are the typical musicals you listen to? Classics, pop musicals, newer stuff? What decade of musical theater do you listen to most? Are there particular actors/actresses you look for in a recording or production? 

To Sell or Not to Sell - Frozen  Mar 27 2018, 03:17:14 PM

Rainah said: "I mean, it's not like Frozen is bad in a way people couldn't see coming. It's not even bad, it's just... lukewarm."

YES! This is the perfect description. I saw it this weekend, loved the movie but knew to walk into this with zero expectations after being severely disappointing by Aladdin. Frozen's high points are a million times better than ANYTHING in Aladdin. It wasn't perfect, but it delivered and had a lot going for it. Caiss

NYCC Grand Hotel  Mar 21 2018, 10:30:56 AM

veraclaythorne2 said: "I was at the Dress last night, and there was no intermission. Straight through, it ran about 1 hr 45."

How was the show?? Thinking of seeing the Sunday Matinee but still undecided. Grand Hotel is one of my favorite musicals and I wasn't 100% convinced by this cast. 

Steven Spielberg, keep ben Platt away from the west side story remake  Mar 16 2018, 11:04:09 AM

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I could have sworn I read somewhere that Ansel Elgort was the front runner for this role? The first person that popped into my mind while reading this thread was Casey Cott, so I'm glad to see some of you have already thrown his name out there. I feel like he's recognizable enough where people would go see him in a movie that could then potentially catapult him into a movie star and he looks age appropriate. At least on Riverdale, he still convincingly

once on this island discount code?  Feb 23 2018, 11:35:09 AM

Bump! 

Looking to catch this in about a month. Any one know of any recent discount codes (aside from Today Tix)?

Is "Love Never Dies" worth seeing?  Feb 20 2018, 01:18:32 PM

Is anyone seeing this while it's still in Chicago or in the near future? I didn't buy the recording they were selling because I thought it was the original recording with a new image slapped on it, but now that I know it's a recording closer that what's been touring I'm kicking myself. If anyone is seeing it soon, I would LOVE a copy of the album, obviously I would pay the price of the album and shipping. The album is not available anywhere online and who knows when, if ev

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You