News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for SillySara

SillySara Profile Photo
Member Name: SillySara
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: 'Hedwig'- One Nite Only! 11/24/08- BB Kings- $10 Tix !!  Nov 26 2008, 09:25:27 AM
"I also thought the whole 'I can't say my own name or wear a blonde wig because of copyright infringement' was very tacky and bitchy."

I really didn't see it as bitchy. I more so viewed it as a way to make fun of the situation. If it wasn't addressed, I know I would have been wondering what was up with the red wig as well as why he was skirting around the name Hedwig.

re: 'Hedwig'- One Nite Only! 11/24/08- BB Kings- $10 Tix !!  Nov 25 2008, 11:25:22 AM
To each their own, I guess.

But the crowd was definitely loving him last night.

re: 'Hedwig'- One Nite Only! 11/24/08- BB Kings- $10 Tix !!  Nov 25 2008, 11:01:26 AM
All the right people? Hm.

Well, honestly, if or when they do bring it back, would be perfectly happy with Jonathan Whitton taking on the role full time. He, once again, was breathtaking as Hedwig. Would love to see what he could do with the whole show.

re: 'Hedwig'- One Nite Only! 11/24/08- BB Kings- $10 Tix !!  Nov 25 2008, 09:28:23 AM
Hedwig was amazing last night! Testing and I had a blast. Even with the legal restrictions, it was still a really amazing experience. Favorite Hedwig moment from the evening (besides Hedwig jumping on our table shaking her ass in Testing's face...ha ha ha!) was when she knocked over another table after a song that had a lit candle. Hedwig then goes "Don't worry darlings, the candle is electric...oh wait, no it isn't. Someone should really take care of that." Loved it! And Jonathan Whitton was re
re: HAIR casting -- Groff NOT transferring with the production...  Nov 21 2008, 03:32:17 PM
I am with crushgroove on this one, Gavin Creel would be amazing.
re: 13 will probably close soon.....  Nov 21 2008, 10:08:39 AM
They could stunt cast the heck out of this show and get the target audience to come to the show in droves (just one Nickelodeon or Disney star and they are good to go). It will be a shame if this show closes in January, despite whether or not a person is a fan of the show, seeing as it was at least trying to get kids in the theatre (onstage and in the audience).
re: BCEFA Fundraising Has Begun...  Nov 19 2008, 04:57:14 PM
Musicman, not sure about signed Playbills. I am also assuming that Harvey has signed everything. They said "the entire cast" and he is certainly part of the cast, so I would say that yes, he has signed what they are selling. But the best way to make sure would be to ask the cast members that are selling everything at the merch tables.
re: BCEFA Fundraising Has Begun...  Nov 19 2008, 10:30:03 AM
Hairspray has a lot of great stuff. Signed posters, signed autograph books, signed hairspray bottles (which were adorable), and jelly bracelets. There may have been a couple more items, they had quite a few things on sale. Also, the best part was that everything was reasonably priced. The majority of the items were $20 and under.
re: Winokur to re-join HAIRSPRAY cast  Nov 19 2008, 10:13:26 AM
In regards to the age issue, Tevin Campbell is in his 30s and the "girl" who plays Inez is clearly nowhere near being in her teens. Also, the majority of the ensemble cast members do not look like teenagers either. So at this point, I really do not think age is an issue.

Marissa Perry and Constantine Rousouli looked the most like teens. But considering the company, Marissa JW will be just fine even if she is in her 30s.

re: Winokur to re-join HAIRSPRAY cast  Nov 19 2008, 09:58:57 AM
I actually saw Hairspray for the first time last night, and while I thought Marissa Perry was really fun and was great comedic timing, it will be exciting to see Marissa JW in the role she won the Tony for. Sure it is understandable for Perry to be upset, but it's the nature of the beast. There's no business like show business...and all that...

If any one original cast member should reprise her role, it's Jackie Hoffman. I am such a fan of hers and could not help but think of how hilari

re: How was Tale Today?  Nov 17 2008, 09:46:47 AM
I feel compelled to address the little side debate that's going on about the decorum of audience members at the closing night. While yes, I did hear the man whistling and yes, he did whistle after every song and often times when something funny happened on stage, I think it all sparks from the fact that every song sung, every scene acted, it's the last time it will happen on a Broadway stage. And usually at a closing show, the audience is largely made up of fans of the show. So it's only fitting
re: How was Tale Today?  Nov 16 2008, 11:41:30 AM
While I loved the show in its entirety and was going weekly while it was open, I must make note to Jill (and how lucky we are to have her on the boards posting about her show!) that the reason I kept coming back to the show was the score. I thought it was haunting and special. While some may disagree, and that is your own right, I have to say that I still crave to hear such songs as "Little One" and "I Can't Recall." The voices, the material given, it all meshed together so well. I could have sa
re: XANADU at La Jolla Playhouse 11/12/08  Nov 16 2008, 01:28:45 AM
Seeing the pics of Stanley and Von Essen is so exciting!

Can't wait to hear more reviews of the tour!

Also wondering if cast is ad libbing, especially since it was such a big part of the Broadway show.

re: PAL JOEY -- First Preview Thoughts  Nov 15 2008, 07:30:56 PM
Well, I have to agree with what everyone else has said about the show thus far. (P.S. Hey Jordangirl, I am Testing's friend you were chatting with before the show. Hey! :))

My biggest overall problem with the show was that, besides Plimpton's musical numbers (she was absolutely fabulous), the musical numbers with Hoff and Channing were extremely one note. There was no crescendo or anything. It was very unmusical. I am easy to please, especially when it comes to musicals, and this was ju

re: BILLY ELLIOT REAR MEZZANINE SEATING  Nov 14 2008, 04:35:01 PM
I sat in the rear mezz and the seats were great. You can see everything perfectly fine from up there. Plus, it's a big show so it plays well to the rear mezz.
re: Are They Still Serving Alcohol During 'Rock Of Ages'?  Nov 14 2008, 04:25:24 PM
Hm, it's official...

...let's just all agree to disagree. :)

Can't wait to see the cast on Conan tonight!!!

re: Are They Still Serving Alcohol During 'Rock Of Ages'?  Nov 14 2008, 09:41:58 AM
I certainly do not think the rowdiness would be the same regardless of whether the audience is inebriated or not. There is a noticeable decline in couthe during the second act. At the Halloween show, which I had a blast at, the people sitting directly behind us were just drinking their drinks and enjoying the show during the first act. By the second act, the alcohol had kicked in and they were talking over the cast members. Conversations should not be heard that have nothing to even do with the
re: Are They Still Serving Alcohol During 'Rock Of Ages'?  Nov 13 2008, 03:09:37 PM
While I am not completely against alcohol being served at the show, I do have a problem with people ruining my experience because a) they are being obnoxious and b) a server is screaming over the actors to get an order. There is a level of professionalism that should be achieved at any theatre, on or off broadway.

And yes, the 80s were filled with excess...and that fact is what makes the Stacie Jax character so perfect. But the audience is not in the 80s, they are in a theatre. Spilling

re: How was Tale Today?  Nov 11 2008, 09:26:23 AM
Musicman and Rentboy, I know that he always made a face after that line (saw the show many times). From where I was sitting it just looked like he made an extra silly face. I could be wrong, but that's what I got from it.

If the show tours, they have to do a recording. I mean, it's only fair.

re: Thoughts: 'Repo: The Genetic Opera' on Broadway?  Nov 10 2008, 07:10:45 PM
I think it could be great Off Broadway. The movie was a lot better than I expected. Sure, the lyrics were nothing to write home about but the story was fun and I had a good time watching it. I am a Anthony Head fan but Sarah Brightman stole the show for me. Her final scene in the movie...loved it
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You