News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for BigRed

Member Name: BigRed
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Come From Away rush
 Jan 28 2018, 10:41:36 AM

I rushed yesterday (Saturday, 1/27), got there at about 6:45 a.m. and was 5th in line. Got rush seats for the matinee in row C that were partial view but not bad at all. Just an FYI for those of you looking to rush soon. The first person was there at 5 a.m. and the line started to get really long around 8ish.

Tony LePage was on for Chad Kimball and was really great in the role. Otherwise full company and wonderful energy and performances from the entire company.

Pippin Tour?
 Aug 9 2015, 09:38:08 PM

I saw the matinee today, and it was great! Erik was out this weekend, so Henry was on for Lewis and Kate has been on as Fastrada all week.

I actually loved Brian Flores as Pippin. With almost one week of performance under his belt he seems to be settling into the role. He sounded great today and his acting is even better. I saw Sam Lips the week before who was great as well, but Brian's acting stood out to me as more memorable. He's still working on some small things like some of t

Pippin Tour?
 Aug 5 2015, 10:33:05 PM

I can vary by performance, but they've typically been giving tickets in the back of the orchestra on the side. They're actually great seats for the show.

Pippin Tour?
 Aug 2 2015, 01:31:58 PM

And I saw the evening performance last night -- Sasha was back in. She tweeted about missing the matinee. Seems like she maybe wanted to rest up for her last day today. I thought she was great, but definitely sounded a little sick and cut notes short...but still an amazing performance! She made the role her own and had some nice riffs.

Otherwise, it was a full company except Henry was on for Borris. I saw the OBC in New York, and this tour is great, but just doesn't have the same c

Emma Hunton left Wicked?
 Feb 18 2015, 01:12:18 AM
I'm sure this answer isn't really out there...but is there any indication why Emma left earlier? Was it in fact a voluntary choice on her part because of vocal issues? She said something on her Twitter that she is OK, just wondering if anyone possibly knew why?
Kinky Boots cast changes
 Dec 3 2013, 12:02:44 PM
Looks like Christy will be a swing...

http://christyfaber.com/Christy_Fabers_Website/Resume.html

Broadway bound Jekyll & Hyde gets negative reviews in Chicago
 Mar 22 2013, 09:09:43 PM
The projections were well done, I just thought the whole confrontation section was way too much. And on Wednesday Emmy sounded absolutely amazing and didn't have any mishaps. I know she's gone on a couple times at this point so she's probably a little bit more comfortable now.

When I walked in there were a couple people disappointed that Cox was out and got refunds since she is billed above the title. However, In my opinion, I think Emmy probably gave a better vocal performance anyway.

Broadway bound Jekyll & Hyde gets negative reviews in Chicago
 Mar 22 2013, 08:35:44 PM
I saw it Wednesday night and overall did not love the production. I think it's a great show and was definitely disappointed with many aspects of the show. Deborah Cox was out for both shows on Wednesday and Emmy Raver-Lampman was on as Lucy and was definitely the best part of the show. Teal Wicks was also very strong as Emma.

I just didn't like how they updated many of the songs to a more rock feel. It really didn't work. They ruined the song Murder, Murder in the opening of Act II and

Book of Mormon Chicago cast?
 Feb 17 2013, 09:23:46 PM
I believe that Melanie is still just a vacation swing and maybe covers for all 3 companies. Since Mercado is out for 3 weeks it would make sense it would make sense that they brought her in to have 2 swings.

Jeff Heimbrock is also with the Chicago company right now...he's listed as a swing with the Broadway company, but I'm guessing he's also a vacation swing?

Feb 5 2013, 09:01:04 PM
Mercado said that she will be out of the show for 3 weeks.
 Feb 3 2013, 05:43:52 PM
Looks like Camille made her debut as Nabalungi today in Chicago.

Feb 3 2013, 05:09:36 PM
I saw that Syesha Mercado just tweeted that she is on bed rest with a sprained ankle. I haven't heard of any understudies going on in Chicago yet...has anyone seen one of the Nabalungi understudies?
The Book of Mormon - Chicago company
 Jan 2 2013, 07:58:58 PM
He was very polite to people at the stage door after the first preview performance in Chicago.
The Book of Mormon - Chicago company opening night reviews
 Dec 20 2012, 11:38:18 AM
I love how Chris Jones pretty much leads his review with Ben Platt and how he's a great addition to the production. However, he didn't really like Syesha which I found very surprising.

http://graphics.chicagotribune.com/mormon/review.html

Book of Mormon - Chicago Reviews
 Dec 13 2012, 12:04:07 PM
When I saw the first preview on Tuesday, the audience reaction was great. I also saw the Original Broadway Cast and enjoyed this company just as much, if not more!

Just another random point- I thought Baptize Me was one of the best songs of the show. Ben and Syesha sounded great together and they had wonderful chemistry together...it was so so funny.

And Ben did have some great names for Nabulungi (some of which have been used before) like: Nutella, Nala, Nestle crunch..

Dec 12 2012, 06:11:46 PM
The run time is pretty standard. About 2 hours 30 minutes with a 15 minute intermission.
Syesha Mercado in Book Of Mormon in Chicago
 Dec 12 2012, 01:48:02 PM
The site is now updated with the correct bios.

Even the Chicago Tribune had a short story that was online/in print today saying that Stephanie Umoh was still in the cast...

Dec 12 2012, 12:15:28 AM
Just got back from the show and it was great.
Ben as Cunningham was probably the best part of the show. His voice is incredible and probably the best of anyone to play the role to date. He has great comedic timing and loved his sense of nervous energy. I was disappointed to see that Stephanie Umoh was no longer in the cast, but Syesha Mercado blew me away. She looks great for the part and has a beautiful voice that works well.
The role of Elder McKinley is now played by Pierce Cassedy an

Raven-Symone out today
 Apr 5 2012, 12:59:29 AM
Rashidra has gone on for Delores quite a few times now, and I've heard really great things.
The Addams Family - Let The Buyer Beware
 Feb 16 2011, 05:08:47 PM
Yes, it was. Cortney is also on both shows today.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You