News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for latitudex1

latitudex1 Profile Photo
Member Name: latitudex1
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Norm Lewis to lead A SOLDIER’S PLAY national tour  Jan 23 2023, 11:27:00 PM

bwayphreak234 said: "I'm a little baffled about this doing a tour... I saw it on Broadway and found it to be unremarkable in every way. Besides subscribers getting this in their packages, I don't see this selling a lot of individual tickets."

The houses that accepted this work make sense.

These are cities that have a strong market for black led and black written works, and these houses need new Broadway work that hits their programming needs. (Cause it's going into tour

Criss, Hall, Karimloo, and Pfeiffer to star in CHESS Benefit Concert  Nov 18 2022, 11:14:58 PM

barcelona20 said: "Very skeptical about Criss in this."

Pity the Child sung down the octave, maybe?

Lea Michele as Fanny - Funny Girl  Oct 24 2022, 07:56:37 PM

This is quite unprecedented. I think the last time anything like this happened was when Melissa Errico was replaced by Rebecca Luker on the cast recording of the CSC's production of Passion. I think she had bronchitis.

I'm surprised Beanie didn't have the cast recording in her contract. I'm sure other stars won't make the same mistake in the future.

JOSEPH is coming to Toronto as a test run for a Broadway revival  Aug 31 2022, 03:15:52 PM

RippedMan said: "Does anyone want this?"

It's been popping up everywhere regionally and there was a big concert/production recently in NYC.

If there was any appetite for it, it'd be now.

Julie Benko as Fanny - Funny Girl  Aug 3 2022, 02:35:05 PM

The marquee was posted in the Lea Michele thread. It's the logotype/title in red on a black background.

Beanie Feldstein Departing FUNNY GIRL on July 31 (Two Months Earlier Than Originally Announced)  Aug 3 2022, 01:21:08 PM

The couple hundred people that didn't want to taste any wine and bought tickets specifically to see Lea will be fine. There will be other concert tours. A refund and an, "I'm sorry, but this came up," are all ✅. 

New Hermes in Hadestown??  Aug 3 2022, 01:12:32 PM

Well, anyway...

Lillias will bring something extremely unique and thrilling to this entire piece. I can't wait to see what kind of marketing blitz they have planned around her. 

Beanie Feldstein Departing FUNNY GIRL on July 31 (Two Months Earlier Than Originally Announced)  Jul 11 2022, 04:25:40 PM

CarlosAlberto said: 

Ware needs to get over it. She called Michele out on it. Michele addressed it and her career did suffer because of it. Does Ware expect that Michele never, ever work again for the rest of her natural born life for transgressions that happened how many years ago and were already addressed. Seriously?!?!?

Talk about beating dead horses....

"

Were they addressed, specifically? Did she ever privately apologize? To any

Beanie Feldstein Departing FUNNY GIRL on July 31 (Two Months Earlier Than Originally Announced)  Jul 11 2022, 04:18:34 PM

ElephantLoveMedley said: "Does anyone know if Lea's plans to join the show on September 6 will jeopardize her upcoming mini-tour this summer? Sounds tricky to rehearse for a massive role while performing in cities that aren't New York three weeks before your debut, though I guess not impossible?

"

Three weeks is the standard rehearsal time for a replacement.

And we all know she knows the score and the script.

Mayer will probably give her stage direction and blocking himself.

FUNNY GIRL on Broadway - News & Discussion Thread  Jun 7 2022, 02:54:04 PM

He replied said: "Here’s a thought: the management supports Feldstein’s performance and aren’t sneakily trying to pull a Celeste Holm country trip to showcase Benko. It’s Tuesday. Plenty of time for Feldstein to recover.

And if she doesn’t rapidly recover - absolutely zero chance Benko will perform at Tonys if there is a performance. It would be an incredibly unsupportive act to their chosen star. And frankly, which star with an ounce of

Encores: Into the Woods to Transfer to the St. James for limited run this summer?  May 11 2022, 01:06:36 PM

OhHiii said: "Christian Borle may have had Broadway first refusal in his original contract regardless of if he participated at Encores. Stranger things have happened."

Interesting!

Julie Benko as Fanny - Funny Girl  Apr 29 2022, 11:53:41 PM

PassingThrough2 said: "I was there tonight with friends. We all agreed Julie Benko was amazing. She was hitting the notes and her performance was very charming. She was a huge hit.

We were medium on Jeremiah. He was unmemorable and made a few mistakes singing. I think he could definitely improve but we were not blown away.
"

Oh, there's no question that he wouldn't have been as rehearsed as Julie was. Beanie's days off have been known from the b

FUNNY GIRL on Broadway - News & Discussion Thread  Apr 25 2022, 03:23:03 AM

Theatrelover1975 said: "MadsonMelo said: "I think people that really disliked the revival are making the reviews seems worst than they actually are. The reviews are not disastrous or anything, there negative reviews, but the consensus is mixed, and there are plenty that like both Beanie and the revival. And its ok."

They’re pretty much bad across the board. I’ve read two positive reviews and those didn’t mention her singing. I’m g

Why hasn't Ann-Margret been on Broadway ?  Apr 11 2022, 01:09:14 AM
joevitus said: "White_Lotus said: "joevitus said: "Ann Margaret is wonderful, but she always plays Ann Margret”

how insulting

you’ve obviously never saw her performances in ‘who will love my children’ , ‘return of the soldier’ or ‘a streetcar named desire’

she’s a damn fine actress

"

How absurd. I've seen her in tons of movies. She plays herself in every one, from State Fair to Carnal Kn

Pamela Anderson on 'The View' talks about joining 'Chicago'  Apr 8 2022, 01:33:32 AM

Ke3 said: "cwilliams said: "One thing I respected about Cameron Mackintosh,he didn't resort to stunt casting to try to keep Cats, Les Miz, Miss Saigon or Phantom running. I love Chicago but it seems pretty clear that stunt casting is the only reason this show is still able to run, and I think that has led to a lack of quality in the show overall, compared to where it was in the late 90s"

That’s not out of some grand respect for the material. He

Grammy Win for Unofficial Bridgerton Musical  Apr 6 2022, 11:31:44 AM

briankershawjr said: "To the one who says my statement was weak, I was not trying to argue with anyone. I stated my opinion. I am allowed to to do this, as are you. I am responding to the ones who acted like they were jealous that they won the award.
"

You're on a discussion board. Your opinion can be challenged and questioned respectfully.

West End CABARET Eyeing Broadway Transfer to the Hudson?  Apr 6 2022, 11:19:13 AM

inception said: "The last remount on Broadway with Alan Cumming was only a few years ago. Not sure what the audience appetite is to see it again so soon?"

Redmayne's a pretty big name. If they go with a big name Sally or they lean in on the "sexiness" of that production, it may not matter.

FUNNY GIRL on Broadway - News & Discussion Thread  Mar 29 2022, 04:44:23 PM

cliffordbradshaw2 said: "I'm fairly sure that the keys for Beanie were determined some time ago. I think it's not so much a question of keys as a question of range. Sheridan Smith, who has succeeded in "Funny Girl," "Legally Blonde," "Joseph," and playing star singer Cilla Black on TV, is not a powerhouse vocalist. But she has a wider range than Beanie and has no trouble hitting all the notes necessary in her musicals, even if her singing may not

Beanie Feldstein in FUNNY GIRL on Broadway - News & Discussion Thread  Mar 27 2022, 01:55:20 PM

<double post>

Beanie Feldstein in FUNNY GIRL on Broadway - News & Discussion Thread  Mar 27 2022, 01:55:17 PM

musicalmermaid said: "@BwayMeme on Twitter."

She sounds... Fine! Her voice, while mousy, is well-developed enough to handle that song with skill. All the sounds are "hitting" in the right ways.

I can also understand not liking her voice. It is quite young sounding.

I can't wait to hear how her voice develops into the role over the preview period!

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You