News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for bubbleblonde

Member Name: bubbleblonde
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Why do people hate Wicked?
 Mar 11 2010, 09:50:15 AM
I like watching the two leads give themselves nodules, the rest of it can go to hell for all I care.
Legally Blonde The Musical London looks set to be a big camp hit
 Jan 15 2010, 12:12:06 AM
I didn't like Caroline's singing voice when I saw the show. Very nasal, whiney and weak. I couldn't hear her final note in the LB Remix. The actress playing Enid was great though, her voice was very strong. I don't think that's her in the video.
re: Stephen Schwartz is one of the most influential people in American hist
 Nov 1 2009, 05:22:52 PM
It's a forum for a fandom that's like mormonism or scientology, they probably think Idina Menzel is the second coming too.
re: Jennifer DiNoia to play Elphaba in Wicked Sydney for next 6 weeks.
 Oct 31 2009, 06:21:04 PM
Why don't they just bump up Jemma Rix? She's already done over half the Melbourne/Sydney shows so proved herself in that respect.
re: Actors With Fake 'Stage Voices'
 Oct 8 2009, 03:33:02 PM
Stephanie J. Block speaks and sings with very distinct, almost harsh, enunciation on stage.
re: Alice Ripley's replacement in N2N?
 Aug 26 2009, 05:46:04 PM
Stephanie J. wooden as a Block? Maybe... as soon as someone gives her lessons on how not to look like a manic robot, shout every line and overenunciate every vowel.
re: Elphaba's role
 Aug 21 2009, 10:19:52 PM
"BW singers are much more heavily miked now than they ever were then (BELIEVE ME)."
Agreed, it bugs me how many people are ignorant to this and seem to think they're belting loud enough to sing over an orchestra and fill a theater. The reason so-and-so sounds better live than on youtube is because when your voice is processed through an extensive sound system with layers of reverb it does tend to sound more impressive than it would played back through earplugs.

Anyway the reason so

Dee as Elphaba/ Sexy Thread
 Aug 12 2009, 12:45:42 PM
I think it was a general reply to your comment... anyway I have no interest in seeing her live. I can't imagine recording devices hold a grudge against her and cause her to sound bland and appear rather boring so I don't really understand the logic. It's a very ad hominem argument.
Dee as Elphaba/ Sexy Thread
 Aug 11 2009, 10:42:15 PM
"WishingOnlyWounds2 i back you up completely, they really cant understand how good she is until they see her live or recently."
Well that was pretty dogmatic and patronising. I don't understand why you people can't comprehend that not everyone is going to go crazy for Dee Roscioli/current Broadway Elphaba.

re: Katie Rose Clarke's replacement in Wicked is confirmed
 Aug 10 2009, 04:31:28 PM
Dianne Pilkington used to never go up to the C either, she'd just sustain the A.
Dee Roscioli Takes Over Elphaba on Broadway on July 21
 Jul 31 2009, 12:36:05 AM
That youtube video isn't bad, but it's not amazing. She's just so uninteresting. Even though everyone bigs up her voice I don't think it's that amazing either. It's just the average voice that everyone who plays the role has. The video of Stephanie was a perfect contrast - not only does she actually emote but she could tear Dee a new asshole or two in a sing off.
re: Dee Roscioli Takes Over Elphaba on Broadway on July 21
 Jul 25 2009, 04:56:14 PM
I think the upcoming broadway cast is one of the weakest they've had. Obviously people will still react like it's the second coming of Jesus because that seems to be the pattern.
 Jul 24 2009, 11:14:45 AM
Wow, I feel alone for saying it but I really don't think she's the best singer, far from it. And I agree that she's boring and underacts.
 Jul 24 2009, 01:28:56 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjIoBGo2Gvk
It was alright. Her singing is good but sometimes her voice gets nasal and whiney, nothing special there. I can see what people mean when they say she's boring, it seems uninspired and she's pretty emotionless until the last minute where it looks like she's about to start sobbing.

Jul 21 2009, 05:06:17 PM
So now you need to have won a Tony award to pass judgement on actors? Damn, the critics better start looking for new jobs...
 Jul 18 2009, 10:41:41 AM
Who cares how she acts, Jennifer Dinoia has the voice of a whiny 5 year old. Get in a real singer.
 Jul 18 2009, 09:23:00 AM
Whenever I see her she looks a little drugged up or out of it - very much "the lights are on but nobody's home". In close up videos her eyes are always red and watering and she pulls Idina-like facial expressions, plus she has that lazy diction that makes it sound like her mouth is full.
re: Bad YouTube Uploads of Showtunes
 Jul 17 2009, 12:51:46 PM
Aww the guy singing DG at his high school removed that video, but this one is still up: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iD30I25GfEQ
Basically him and some other guy switched the roles so they were Elphaba and Glinda and the guards were females... apparently he claimed to have even rewritten Wicked to suit this and was going to "stage it". Evidently nothing came of it. But yeah, queeny males with nasal voices that haven't broken are always hilariously creepy, especially when they try and riff like some sort of black diva/Shoshana Bean.

re: Wicked Movie Question
 Jul 17 2009, 10:09:39 AM
Anne Hathaway... for one thing she'd be more suited to Glinda or Nessa, and another:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XPPH-UzsAgM
compared to http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9M3KdpPR0E or http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KwnNhjR4M_w
A little unfair, but the woman is having trouble singing a high E in head voice let alone belting it. Most actresses can probably sing like Anne Hathaway, it's just a decent dime-a-dozen voice. The movie also won't be made for probably at least 5 more years, in which time new stars might appear and others will be getting older.

Jul 14 2009, 10:44:10 PM
She said. And hardly a fair comparison, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lE989mnD2n8 comparing her to Saycon would be fairer :) Or would it? Regardless, you pretty much only need to be announced as standby these days to get your very own rabid fanbase over at WitchesofOz.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You