News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for UAisGREAT

Member Name: UAisGREAT
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

'Time Stands Still' first preview
 Jan 6 2010, 11:49:47 PM
Just got abck from the 2nd preview.

First off--- let me say that I think that the negative comments are undeserving. Is it the best play i have ever seen? No. Is it enjoyable and have strong performances? Yes. Does it raise a lot of questions that you will think about after you leave the theater? Absolutely.

The writing is pretty good throughout IMO. My only qualm is that I felt that it ended a little abruptly. I thought the four performances were actually all quite strong. Lau

re: Dee to Depart Wicked JAN
 Dec 10 2009, 02:54:44 PM

Yes.

re: Dee to Depart Wicked JAN
 Dec 10 2009, 12:43:00 PM
The girl going into the role is a famous country music artist. She is in a country music group. Was just nominated for a Grammy.
re: What do you think of Mamet's 'Race?'
 Dec 6 2009, 01:16:18 AM
Here are my thoughts:

I wasn't planning on seeing the show, but while walking home from dinner with friends I decided on a whim to see it and I was very impressed.

The writing is superb and thought provoking. A very simple plot that is made immensely entertaining by the writing. This is MUCH MUCH better than "November" which played at the same theater 2 seasons ago.

The acting was excellent. James Spader, David Allen Grier, and Richard Thomas are both splendid and gi

re: Great Farce plays
 Oct 20 2009, 03:00:50 PM
LEADING LADIES by Ken Ludwig

Its a wonderfully funny play that deserves a commercial run somewhere.

re: THE ROYAL FAMILY Reviews
 Oct 8 2009, 01:34:04 PM
Its a really wonderful show. Funny, touching, and beautiful. The set and the lighting are fantastic. Catherine Zuber's costumes are absolutely gorgeous. The cast is great and have really nice chemistry with one another. Jan Maxwell, Rosemary Harris, and the man who plays Tony are the standouts. I am so happy the Jan Maxwell has found this show because she really gets to showcase her great talents. Hopefully a Tony nomination or win is in the works for her. Rosemary Harris is funny and the closin
re: CATCH ME IF YOU CAN PREVIEW THOUGHTS
 Jul 31 2009, 03:33:59 PM
Here Are my thoughts.

I saw the show last night (Thursday) and loved it. I thought the music was fun and energetic. I thought most of the performances were great and showed range.

Norbert Leo Butz is an incredible performer because he is reinvented the character. His character is so different from Tom Hank's interpretation in the movie and you really see his side of the story much more in my opinion. In addition to his great characterization he was absolutely hilarious.

re: New Glinda?
 Jul 31 2009, 03:21:49 PM
Stefanie Brown should be the new Glinda. She is covering the role in the 1st national tour and is fantastic in the role.
re: Okay, whats the greatest performance you've ever seen on stage?
 Jun 16 2009, 10:27:06 PM
Yes I agree with you.

I really do regret not being able to see Richardson in Cabaret. It is so sad she has passed away.

And I would love for Elaine Paige to come to NY again!

re: Okay, whats the greatest performance you've ever seen on stage?
 Jun 16 2009, 10:19:09 PM
PLAY (MALE): Geoffrey Rush in Exit the King
PLAY (FEMALE): Amy Morton in August:Osage County

MUSICAL (MALE): Norbert Leo Butz in Dirty Rotten Scoundrels
MUSICAL (FEMALE): Patti Lupone in Gypsy

I am kind of tentative saying Norbert Leo Butz for Dirty Rotten Scoundrel but I thought he really embodied the character. He does not have the most spectacular voice, but his comic timing, commitment, and acting chops were incredible. If I was going to choose a male perform

re: Anyone see Ben Crawford in Shrek as Shrek?
 Jan 15 2009, 03:35:19 AM
Yeah! I want to know if anyone saw him, and if there are any comments about his performance. I am sure he was fantastic. He is a graduate of the University of Arizona MT/ACTING program, which I am apart of now.
re: ATC Hair
 Jan 9 2009, 08:52:43 PM
I am glad you enjoyed the show. I am in the acting program at UA and I loved the show and thought EVERYONE in it was great. As for your critique on some of the cast members, in particular one of the UA students, why do you feel the need to not only insult this girl's performance but also insult her as a person? I am not sure which one of these very talented girls you were talking about but they are very nice girls that do not deserve to be openly humiliated like that. Please grow up.
re: The Little Dog Laughed
 Aug 18 2008, 05:05:23 PM
Thanks so much. Great advice.
re: Male Shakespeare Monologues About Love?
 Aug 18 2008, 03:50:08 AM
Try Loves Labors Lost. The language is a little dense but has some good material in it. Berowne is a good character to look at.

re: What should I see? Please Help
 Aug 18 2008, 03:48:52 AM
I recommend:

August:Osage COunty
South Pacific
Gypsy
In The Heights

The Little Dog Laughed
 Aug 18 2008, 03:41:11 AM
Hey guys,

I have a quick question that maybe you could answer.....

Does 'The Little Dog Laughed' have any scenes appropriate for a young guy and girl in their early twenties? I know the general plot and would appreciate if you know any good scenes in it.

I am looking for scenes for an upcoming showcase and am trying to preferably find a good comedic scene. However, if a good dramatic scene is recommended that would be good as well.

If you have any other r

re: Adam Guettel update?
 Jul 18 2008, 10:50:49 AM
As far as I know Princess Bride will not happen. The reason things fell through is because William Goldman (the original screenwriter and writer of the book for the musical) wanted 75 % f the profits. Adam is a smart businessman and would obviously not agree to that.

However, the good thing is that some of the songs from Princess Bride can be used for a different show given the context.

But I assure you Adam is always working on something...I am sure he will have somethin

What do you do with a BFA in theater....
 Jul 16 2008, 02:28:16 PM
Don't rule out going to a BFA program because of lack of money. There are tons of scholarships that schools have. Quite a few people from the BFA program at UA have talent based and academic based scholarships. Dont rule it out bc of money.
Best BFA Musical Theater Programs
 Jul 16 2008, 12:57:49 PM
For the sake of getting the info out there I am going to post what I put on another thread about BFA degrees....

I go to the University of Arizona pursuing my BFA and I think it is a great school for the following reasons:

1. Since it is a public university it is generally less expensive than the private schools with BFA programs like CMU, Michigan, NYU, Boston U, Juilliard, etc...

2. UA has a small program that gives you a lot of individual attention. You will no

re: Adam Guettel update?
 Jul 16 2008, 12:26:20 PM
I personally know Adam. He splits his time between Seattle/New York/ and Vermont. He is an artist in residence at the Intiman Theater in Seattle where he has recently written a score for Bart Sher's production of Uncle Vanya. Adam is always working on something. Expect really great things from him in the future. 'Piazza' and Floyd Collins' were only the first of many things for Adam. I have heard some of The Princess Bride score and it is beautiful.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You