News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for afa_composerboy

afa_composerboy Profile Photo
Member Name: afa_composerboy
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Telly Leung...post Wicked
 Jul 5 2006, 03:43:04 PM
I'm excited to hear about Telly in Sweeney too. He's doing it with a fairly new theater company called Four Seasons Theatre. I've heard nothing but great things about them from colleagues of mine. Their website is www.fourseasonstheatre.com

VOTE FOR "BUT I'M A CHEERLEADER"
 Sep 29 2005, 09:56:53 AM
Hey all,

As most of you know the Audience Awards are up for NYMF. You can even vote here. "but I'm a Cheerleader" was certainly one of the best of the festival (AM New York named it "best of festival"..NYtheatre.com called it"..the best show you won't see at the festival because it's sold out."). Show your support and vote for those perky little pom pom carriers! :)

re: Steel Pier
 Aug 31 2004, 11:43:05 AM
I loved Karen in it...Running in Place is an amazing song..and yes the "dead" thing doesn't work..but it could be fixed..I believe in it :))))
share the bare love
 Aug 30 2004, 11:47:04 PM
so sorry to present yesterday's news...believe more than happy to stay away from any positive postings about Bare. Have fun.
share the bare love
 Aug 30 2004, 10:07:08 PM
I didn't read the whole thread (god knows I detest this show with only two chords per song and not one memorable melody)..but I can tell you that the only characters being recast are the african american sister and the female swing.
re: NYMF (now that Fringe is over!)
 Aug 30 2004, 05:41:15 PM
but I'm a cheerleader was originally supposed to be in it but ..well..due to lack of funding...and other things..they chose to not do the festival. *sniff sniff*
re: Steel Pier
 Aug 30 2004, 05:36:34 PM
I love this score!!! It's one of my favorite Kander and Ebb scores..and it's fun to watch..the book just needs some work and I think with a little help it could be GREAT!
re: What Are You NOT Looking Forward To
 Aug 30 2004, 04:05:56 PM
Yeah..also give young writers with new voices a chance too
 Aug 30 2004, 03:53:35 PM
ok I'm not sure if that last message was disputing or supporting what I was saying.
 Aug 30 2004, 08:39:45 AM
I'm glad someone is addressing the issue of the "rock band" musicals. As someone who writes new musicals, it's disheartening to see producers just taking songs of a rockband and trying to fashion a story around them. what ever happened to songs that come organically from the book? Why do we bother to write new, interesting music and/or lyrics when all the producers want are old rock songs? I heard now that they're making Pink Floyd's the Wall in to a musical...add that too All Shook Up, Good Vib
re: But I'm A Cheerleader
 Jul 28 2004, 11:02:11 PM
oh come on..Jake G's cuter and gayer...let's hire him :)
re: Belting
 Jul 28 2004, 02:38:29 PM
WEll it's really hard to explain over cyberspace..it's more of something I'd have to work with you on as a student. ARe you close to NYC?

Jul 28 2004, 10:12:39 AM
Yeah Monte Smock, who's on the demo is AMAZING!!! I'm sure a better singer than RuPaul. I know that Mink Stole (who played the mom in the movie) had expressed interest in the musical too...but that was some time ago.
 Jul 28 2004, 09:03:35 AM
Yes..but TRUST ME!...Kaitlin is who you WANT to see :)))))
 Jul 28 2004, 08:36:13 AM
However, at this point, Kaitlin Hopkins is probably more likely to continue as Mary rather than Nancy Opal.
re: Belting
 Jul 28 2004, 08:33:12 AM
I just saw this string or I would have replied earlier. I'm actually a prof voice teacher in NYC. Alot of people have different definitions of "belting"..but most people can learn to do it healthily. Actually sopranos are alot better at some times than mezzos....anyway happy to talk more about this to anyone interested.

Good luck!

Jul 25 2004, 09:10:54 PM
I think some people have some soundclips on their websites. I know www.unknownsinger.com does.
 Jul 25 2004, 08:59:56 PM
YES! Where did you hear it?
 Jul 25 2004, 08:54:49 PM
Very true. The sex scene is beautifully set with a song called "Teach Me How to Fly"..it takes place in the True Directions shed..where Graham has put a million candles...she blindfolds Megan and takes her there. It's really touching! the song is arguably the best in the show.
re: Best Show on Broadway
 Jul 25 2004, 08:48:33 PM
1) Ave Q
2) Caroline or Change
3) The Producers

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You