News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for dramageek1211

Member Name: dramageek1211
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Arden Directing 'Merrily' in LA
 Dec 3 2016, 12:01:38 PM

And Wayne was back in last night. 

Arden Directing 'Merrily' in LA
 Dec 3 2016, 12:00:54 PM

Maybe it's just me but I saw this production last night and was left feeling uninspired. Merrily is one of my favorite shows and this one just missed the mark for me over and over again. I also agree that after seeing the Best Worst Thing doc I felt much more moved and keep finding myself asking what Lonny Price's Production would look like. 

I definitely had high hopes here so maybe I was expecting too much but it felt overly directed to me. Every choice was&nbs

Broadway - Cyber Monday Deals
 Nov 29 2016, 12:22:34 PM

https://www.goldstar.com/new-york/categories/cyber-monday?page=5&mode=infinite

Broadway - Cyber Monday Deals
 Nov 29 2016, 12:20:40 PM

Goldstar had a big Black Friday on Broadway promotion that I got an email for over the weekend. I think all the offers are still up today - their promotions usually last at least a week so they'll probably go through Friday or Sunday maybe? This is the first discount I've seen for Significant Other on Broadway - $47 in the Mezz. Got my ticket! 

FOR SALE: 2 Matilda Tix for 3/6 8pm
 Mar 6 2013, 11:39:00 AM
Just trying to get back what I paid but I appreciate the support...

I'll take the best offer I can get. If you want them, feel free to message me.

FOR SALE: 2 Matilda Tix for 3/6 8pm
 Mar 6 2013, 10:58:44 AM
I have two tickets for tonight (3/'s 8pm performance of Matilda. They were $92 each, plus handling costs and such from telecharge so we are selling for $100 each. Mezz,K17-K19.

If you would like to purchase, feel free to private message me. I'm in Midtown all day today so I can meet you at some point.

Thanks!

The Public Theatre's Shakespeare/Park presents INTO THE WOODS -- Discussion
 Jul 26 2012, 12:52:20 AM
I saw the show tonight - won the virtual lottery and had seats in Section O, all the way to house left but great seats in my opinion. I liked the production as a whole. From what I can tell after seeing the filmed production, I really like the costume changes. Donna Murphy's Act 2 look is MUCH more attractive than the one used in that production. I haven't read all of the many pages of this thread since I wanted to avoid all the Morgan James talk (who cares at this point...?), but here are a few
Hairspray at the Bowl - Reviews
 Aug 7 2011, 06:39:51 PM
"-In the clip from "Nicest Kids..." there was a long pause after Edna told Prudy "that will be three dollars hun." Almost appeared as if Prudy forgot her next line (which would be comical in itself considering it's her SECOND line and it starts with 'thee dollars.")"
I do recall a pause there and sensing that she had forgotten her line. I'm not sure if that is what happened or if there was another interference of some kind, but I figured she had forgotten her line.

"-Did Tracy enter

Hairspray at the Bowl - Reviews
 Aug 6 2011, 01:52:58 PM
I'm kind of surprised I'm the first to say anything about the production since the opening last night but I guess I'll start the discussions. (If there is another thread and I'm missing it, my apologies)

I got to the Bowl around 7pm and it was my first time there so I wasn't totally sure what to expect. There were tons of people outside hanging out already and a bunch of people inside sitting in their seats, eating and drinking. It was a cool environment, nice weather - an easy going Fr

New Private Reading of Revised bare Set for 11/1
 Nov 4 2010, 04:02:21 PM
Is there still no update on this? No one was there or has heard anything?
Weird things you've said to Broadway stars
 Jul 28 2010, 03:12:55 PM
My friend and I were in New York a few weeks ago and we saw La Cage and she recognized Robin de Jesus from Camp and In the Heights and was so excited to see him in the show. The next night, we saw In the Heights and he happened to be in the audience seeing it himself. At intermission she saw him and (1) asked him what his name was (she wasn't sure how to pronounce it) and (2) said " you did a great job in Fela last night." He looked at her like she was crazy.
Who's seeing the new cast of n2n tonight?
 Jul 21 2010, 05:00:51 PM
Just got back from my trip to NY last night so didn't really get a chance to put all my thoughts about the first performance on the board yet. I was thoroughly pleased with the additions of Marin, Jason and Meghann.

Marin - I LOVED HER! I can't say I was too bothered by her head voice at all (as I believe someone mentioned it was used too often earlier in the thread) and I never really felt like she needed to be belting when she was using it. [side note - I had seen the matinee the d

A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC'S reopening tonight....
 Jul 17 2010, 01:12:57 AM
Just got back from seeing Night Music and thought I'd offer my thoughts. Please keep in mind that it is 12:53am as I write this. For what its worth, I had never seen the show before and new only a little about it. I have listened to the cast recording a few times but am not horribly familiar with it. Well, as far as what everyone was expecting, its pretty much right on track. Bernadette Peters can only be described as fantastic, breathtaking and giving quite a performance. Having never seen Cath
Running into Broadway stars on the streets of NYC
 Jul 12 2010, 11:17:00 PM
Last year I saw a matinee performance of Hair during which Will Swenson laid himself over my lap. Later that day, I was walking with a producer friend of mine down the street, only to run into Will Swenson himself. My friend talked to him like it was nothing and kind of introduced us but I don't think I got any words out. I wanted to thank him for laying on me in the moment (I imagine it would have been horribly embarrassing if I had) Great NYC moment.

My only other Broadway-ish celeb s

The Official 2010 Tony Awards Discussion Thread
 Jun 13 2010, 09:31:50 PM
I'm thinking that after Jones' performance, Bernadette just realized there is basically no act for her to follow. Here's to Peters/Stritch.
Cast Recording Quality
 May 3 2010, 06:27:16 PM
The Rent and Gypsy that I'm referring to are CDs. The Little Mermaid was downloaded from iTunes. I've noticed it in Rent during "Happy New Year" (A and B) as well as "You'll See" but I haven't listened to the full CD in a while so it may or may not be the whole thing. Gypsy I remember noticing a while ago - I think it was during "Everything's Coming Up Roses" with some reverb or something toward the beginning before the song really gets going. The Little Mermaid is during the "Part of Your World
Cast Recording Quality
 May 3 2010, 04:10:56 PM
I'm sure it has been discussed a bit before and searched but couldn't find anything. My question is about cast recording quality. I have found a few cast recordings of shows that have horrible quality either on certain parts of songs, whole songs or sometimes throughout the whole cd. Particularly, I've noticed this with the OBCR of Rent, Patti's Gypsy and the Little Mermaid recordings. Anyone else notice this problem or know of any other cast recordings during which this occurs?
Spring Awakening Tour Changes
 Apr 25 2010, 02:37:08 PM
I tried to do a search on this but couldn't really find anything about it on here or on google. I saw the Spring Awakening tour in Detroit a few days ago and noticed (or think I noticed at least) a bunch of changes to the show since seeing it on Broadway a few months before closing. A few definite changes I realized were:
- Lyric changes to All That's Known
- Melchior sings a little bit during Whispering
- Ilse sings a verse of another song before Song of Purple Summer

I've

re: Greene Replaces Green in WEST SIDE STORY
 Aug 6 2009, 12:03:49 AM
I attended the performance tonight (8/5) with upwards of 10 understudies. I've actually never seen so many absences at any show I've ever been to. There weren't so much understudy slips as one cast list inserted into the playbills that listed the cast "at this performance". I've never seen this production, or any professional production for that matter, of West Side Story and must say that I was pleasantly surprised, especially with the amount of understudies in the show.

In regards to

re: Rent Story on ABC News 6:30pm - 9/7
 Sep 7 2008, 08:11:17 PM
I like that on the ABC website video they go through the whole end half of "Take Me or Leave Me" and end it abruptly just before the ever-so-awful "or leave me" that can be heard on the hot-ticket website...

... but otherwise it all looks great to me. Can't wait to see it in theaters!

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You